ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 385840
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

what your opinion is, there is always somebody with money who will use a ton of it to make sure their opinion  is held strong in government legislature. *coughrepublicanscough*

That goes for everything in politics and the democrats do it just as much.
Example: obama/ fast and furious
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It's wrong because the creator(probably god) of us made us in this gender but we ignore our gender be homo.Being a homo means you are ignoring your anotomy(like envirmoment or animals anatomy)

People aren't simply homosexual for fun. They're attracted to their gender exactly the same way heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite gender.

Also, why do you assume that only heterosexuals were made the 'right' way? Homosexuals are there, if there is a creator he created them, it would go against that creators plans to ignore their homosexuality.

Lastly, why should we be obliged to use our body only for functions it evolved to? As far as I know, ears didn't evolve to be pierced. Our tongue didn't evolve for kissing. And there's more. Why isn't kissing wrong then?

Ä°f someone but you in homo place for weeks can you survive as normal,can you do it?I can't because i need to have sex!My body needs to have sex.Let's think about Bonobos, he needs to have sex with someone!Think about it.

Heh... bonobos have sex all the time. Be it for reproduction, social contacts, learning or pleasure, with the opposite or same gender. What exactly is your point?
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Heh... bonobos have sex all the time. Be it for reproduction, social contacts, learning or pleasure, with the opposite or same gender. What exactly is your point?

I think I'll start having weird dreams from reading about bonobos on this thread, I swear. Is pickpocket's armatar a bonobo? I haven't an idea what they look like.

And about the sick people(DNA=WOMEN***GENDER=MEN) i think they created like women but they body don t fit to them so they should be like their DNA

You really know nothing of biology, don't you? DNA=Woman, the gender is a man? Are you trying to say Transgender people? Their body always 'fits' their DNA. After all, the DNA is one of the main factors of ones appearance. Or that's at least what I remember from high school.

My body needs to have sex

Your body needs to have sex? It's not your body that's needs the sex, it's you. If you're attracted to the same gender, you will enjoy sex with the same gender more than you will with the opposite gender. If I were straight today and I magically became gay tomorrow, I'll probably **** a man, what's the big deal if I'm already gay? Your... 'Logic' is very flawed, my dear sir
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Ä°f someone but you in homo place for weeks can you survive as normal,can you do it?I can't because i need to have sex!My body needs to have sex.Let's think about Bonobos, he needs to have sex with someone!Think about it.

The Bonobos will preform homosexual acts even if the opposite sex is available. As for that need to have sex with someone bit, sound a bit like you got some self control issues.
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

It's someone's choice if they want to be a homosexual.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

It's someone's choice if they want to be a homosexual.

No, it's not a choice. It is something you are born like.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

lol the excuse of having sex with the same gender since the other is not available. we usually grow our sexual need when we are like 12 or 13. im sure that if virgins can stay virgins till they are 18 we can also refuse to have sex with the same gender when the other isnt available.

besides, you forget that you can have sex with the same gender as much as you want and still be straight. you can imagine the other gender when having sex with the same gender exactly just how you do it by yourself. would you consider everybody (which means most people in the world) who do it on their own to have some kind of extreme hand fetish?

armorjamesus
armorjamesus
17 posts
Peasant

First of all, homosexuality is natural, as it exists naturally among animals, Secondly, As a straight man I wish every other man in the world was gay, more girls for me that way.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

First of all, homosexuality is natural, as it exists naturally among animals, Secondly, As a straight man I wish every other man in the world was gay, more girls for me that way.

less (no) girls would be born anymore so do consider that XP
VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

Wait I thought that we have established in our culture that homosexuality is not wrong (I was being serious). I guess some people will never accept that it is natural and that people can't choose who they want to be. I'll go ahead with what I am going to say. Please don't judge me for what I used to believe, as I have come around.

I used to be extremely against homosexuality. This was when I was younger. I thought that people who were gay were sick and chose to be that way. I was fairly certain that people could just choose to be whoever they wanted to be. I also thought that they wanted to do it for attention. I thought this for a long time. Then, when I hit high school, I still felt the same way. But something changed. Not in the way that I thought, but in me.

In high school, as I already stated, something changed. I remember there was this one girl in particular. I don't know what it was about her that attracted me to her. It was like I had felt with other guys that I had crushes on. She was pretty, and I just wanted to be around her. It took me awhile, but I realized that I had feelings for a girl (!). It wasn't just that I found her attractive, it was that I liked her. She was 100% straight, so I had no chance, but for the first time I realized that I might have tendencies towards both genders.

I began to look back on my life thus far and quickly realized that maybe I had been more attracted to women than I thought. Don't get me wrong, I still love men, but the important thing was that I like women too. Pretty soon after that there was another girl, and like the last one, I was sure that it was love. You know that puppy love that you have in high school. It was unrequited love (yeah right). That was when I realized that what I had thought thus far had been wrong. That was when I realized that I was bisexual.

If me, of all people, the one who said that being gay was wrong for the longest time could fall victim to the very same thing that I supposedly hated, why couldn't anyone else? I didn't choose to be this way, it had always been like it. I don't necessarily want to be attracted to women and men, but I am. It is something that I can't change, and why should we fault a person for being naturally born that way.

Sure, you can repress your feelings, but why would you. It is such a natural thing, to be in love, and we shouldn't force people to be unhappy just because we don't think that it is the right way to go. If you are religious and believe that they are going to hell for their sins, then believe that. But don't force your religion on me. I don't care what you think, and I want to be happy. If being happy means that I might occasionally be with both a man and a woman, then so be it.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Wait I thought that we have established in our culture that homosexuality is not wrong

One of the latest polls put it around a 50/50 split between Americans who supported and were against homosexuality I believe.
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

I guess some people will never accept that it is natural and that people can't choose who they want to be

i do believe many will argue that it is not a choice. or use that defense as a basis for an argument of gay rights. however if we establish that it is a choice oyu are putting a hinder on gay rights as many choices also come with consequences and forfeiture of said rights pertaining to but not excluded to said choice. whereas if this is a birth defect, genetic or otherwise, it could be said that it can't be helped and is therefore a natural occurrence, and cannot be punished at all. see what i'm getting at?? catch 22 sort of thing.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

if this is a birth defect, genetic or otherwise, it could be said that it can't be helped and is therefore a natural occurrence, and cannot be punished at all. see what i'm getting at??

Except for the fact that there's still no reason to outlaw/disallow/penalize it, even if it is a choice (which it's not, it's a preference.)
reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

ok, the enter button decided to activate submit instead of a new paragraph, i was also going to say that my beliefs are that it can't really be a right or wrong thing in the ethics sense of the words. it is about personal opinion and comfortableness. i am also of the belief that it should be classified as a choice. not the actual being gay mind you, but the whole marriage thing. another time and place perchance. but whatever your feeling or mine, no one on this planet should be judged for something that they cannot control. however, in nature, as many of you suggest that this is a natural occurrence, whether or not you deserve anything is not the way it works. in nature the strong and fertile survive, the weak or slow, or un/naturally hindered do not. while we do consider ourselves the dominant species on this planet, we are actually far more vulnerable in our natural state than most other life-forms. therefore i believe it is our duty to be absolutely positive that all human breeding on earth is only taken place if a humans genetics are strong and diverse enough to be passed on. i'm sure we can all agree that there are many people on this earth that should just be pulled out of the gene pool simply for being an idiot. people that lack the ability to be open minded, or the people that refuse to be open minded. genetics that carry disease, or higher risk or mental health issues, or any medical issues for that matter. genetics aside, they are an immense drain on our monetary systems and governments. now whether homosexuals fit this category is not for me to say. and i really don't even want to speculate on the matter. but for now, lets all just love each other man, except for 4121d he doesn't have to love anyone.

reaperbackinaction
reaperbackinaction
91 posts
Nomad

Except for the fact that there's still no reason to outlaw/disallow/penalize it

not the preference itself no, but the choices that are made because of the preference have to be considered. and it really wouldn't make sense for a gay couple to have the exact same rights as a straight couple. simply because they are not the same. i mean i do not have the same rights as a woman, i cannot get pregnant, just as she cannot fertilize an egg. but we accept these differences and work together using both of our strengths to further our species. a gay couple cannot do that (without adoption), therefore how could the consequences both positive and negative be the same? as the issues are completely different.
Showing 526-540 of 1146