ForumsWEPR[necro] Is homosexuality right or wrong?

1146 386837
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

I think homosexuality is totally wrong and unnatural, what do you think?

• 1,146 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

their it seemed that (most) asexuals were not attracted to other people. also not romantically. just not at all.

from what i heard most of them want a romantic relationship. but it must be horibbly difficult because they arent interested in sex.

For centuries,men were with women and they would kill gays.But now in the beginning of the 21st century,they are milions and milions of gays.That's the bad thing with 21st century,the good thing with 21st century is that we have technology.

no... do you even realise the logic in this statement. the reason there are "suddenly" more gays is in your first sentence. no one would come out if it is obvious he is going to be killed.

In my opinion being gay is totally wrong and unnatural as well. Just because you are born gay doesn't mean it's natural...a baby born with 5 legs and no arms isn't natural either...it's like a mutation of the brain, just not physical. I am an atheist and my belief has nothing to do with religion or morals/ethics. I find homosexuality simply disgusting. Of course, homosexuals are just like normal people in every way except sexuality...

define natural then.
However will I ever feel comfortable talking to someone who is gay? No. Will I ever support gays or gay marriage? No. Will I ever discriminate against gays? Yes, internally. On the outside if I ever come in contact with a homosexual I will be normal and polite, however I will not have a "friend" relationship with a homosexual.

so just the same way you said being gay is like being born with 5 legs it means you would descriminate against such a person? doesnt matter which way you look at your statement they are wrong. and what if you had a closeted friend? youd cut the friendship if he came out?

a father who would kick his son away because he is gay is not a person who deserves children. a person who will stop being a friend because a person is gay doesnt deserve friends. its very sad that people are still like this.

and what hahiha said about animals appeared countless times in this thread.

And this proves...what? Humans are animals.

facepalm

I think that we should show the TRUTH IN LOVE and teach them to change and see their faults and not just condemn them.
though that needs to happen in order to show them it is wrong. shunning them is not the answer but neither is keeping it ok when at terms with them.

in other words CHANGE the person you cant understand. thats the best way being against someone without feeling guilty. good for you.

WHAT are you talking about it means with out A sex like a plant and that is not what we are talking about we are talking about gays

you should do more research. in human definitions it means a person who isnt sexually attracted to any of the genders.

That is one usage of the word, yes...however, it also means not having a sexual attraction. I would assume that asexuality was brought up because it's also "unnatural" and "doesn't produce offspring" which are two of the four common arguments against homosexuality.

yup but theres no phobia for them. sex is seen as a sin in many cultures and thats why it would be considered a blessing. if sex is taught to be a sin then people wouldnt dare to say anything bad about people who dont like sex. its all about a heirarchy (spelled wrong?) of who is the holliest. wouldnt surprise me if this all started BECAUSE people didnt want to be in the bottom of the "holy" chain when it comes to sexuality so they decided that the minority (gays) would be seen as less holy so they could be the "normal" group or at least in the "middle"
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Kasic

why are you for it just walk up to some one and be like hey i am fine with that it makes NO SENSE but whatever.....
HOW???

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

why are you for it just walk up to some one and be like hey i am fine with that it makes NO SENSE but whatever.....
HOW???

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. You stated your opinion, people proved that you have no idea what you're talking about. Is there a problem?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I am saying that I have discriminatory feelings towards gays, however I recognize that this is wrong. That is not a contradiction...

If you don't think that people should be discriminated based on beliefs, why do you do so? It is a contradiction.

why are you for it

I'll assume that "it" is homosexuality. I don't see any reason that it is wrong or any reason to restrict it. Simple as that.

just walk up to some one and be like hey i am fine with that

...huh?

it makes NO SENSE but whatever.....

What makes no sense? That I don't find it wrong?

HOW???

How what?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

If you don't think that people should be discriminated based on beliefs, why do you do so? It is a contradiction.

Rewording this for the sake of clarity.

If you don't think that people should be discriminated based on beliefs, why do you have those feelings? It is a contradiction.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

exchange homosexuality with black and exchange homophobia with racism. this has the same level of inteligence and logic. really people, find some real arguments.

Yeah...sorry about that...I was tired when I wrote that. Hopefully, though, there was an understanding of what I was trying to convey. You aren't born hating someone for being different
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I hope you aren't serious.

Oh but I am. Do you think homosexuality would prevail in so many species if it was such a huge mistake? Please do watch this video, kindly posted by Mage in this very thread some pages ago:
Richard Dawkins explains how the gay gene was preserved

Just remember what I said: we can't be sure yet. But please stop treating homosexuality as a crime to nature; it isn't.

I think that we should show the TRUTH IN LOVE and teach them to change and see their faults and not just condemn them.
though that needs to happen in order to show them it is wrong. shunning them is not the answer but neither is keeping it ok when at terms with them.

I know we're not supposed to insult each other, but in that case I have a hard time keeping to the rules. Is that how you show love, by telling them their very being is wrong and trying to push them in forms you fashioned after your own ideals? What a great love indeed. Maybe you should try tolerance instead.
vilano
vilano
20 posts
Nomad

Rewording this for the sake of clarity.

If you don't think that people should be discriminated based on beliefs, why do you have those feelings? It is a contradiction.

I never said "I don't think people should be discriminated based on beliefs." I said people don't have the right to discriminate based on beliefs. There's a difference.

The first statement expresses personal opinion saying that something should not be done. The second statement expresses acknowledgement that something that is being done is wrong..not that it should not be done. I I am prejudiced against gays, but I know it is wrong to be, I simply cannot help it though because I find it disgusting and wrong.

so just the same way you said being gay is like being born with 5 legs it means you would descriminate against such a person? doesnt matter which way you look at your statement they are wrong. and what if you had a closeted friend? youd cut the friendship if he came out?

I said homosexuality is a mutation..like someone with 5 legs. I said this to express that just because something occurs in nature doesn't mean it's normal. That in no way says that I will feel prejudiced or discriminate against anyone with a some mutation. I later on said that I feel prejudiced against the specific condition of homosexuality.
vilano
vilano
20 posts
Nomad

what if you had a closeted friend? youd cut the friendship if he came out?

I am certain that I could tell if someone, especially one of my close friends, was gay. If, however, I am wrong and one of my close friends is a closet gay and they came out, I would most likely stay on friendly terms with the person however I would simply feel uncomfortable in their presence therefore I would spend less time with them and eventually yes let the friendship dwindle away.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I never said "I don't think people should be discriminated based on beliefs." I said people don't have the right to discriminate based on beliefs. There's a difference.

I'm not seeing the difference between those two statements.

"I don't think people should be discriminated based on beliefs" = thinking it's wrong to discriminate based on beliefs.
"People don't have the right to discriminate based on beliefs" = thinking it's wrong to discriminate based on beliefs.

I am prejudiced against gays, but I know it is wrong to be, I simply cannot help it though because I find it disgusting and wrong.

Again with the contradiction...If you know it's wrong to be, why are you?

I said homosexuality is a mutation..like someone with 5 legs.

Even if it is (which it really isn't in the way you're using 'mutation' that doesn't make it wrong.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

To put it another way vilano, what you are saying is basically,

"I know vegetables are good for me but I think they are bad for me."

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I said this to express that just because something occurs in nature doesn't mean it's normal.

What is "normal" to you? Because with that loose definition, monogamy is not to be considered a normal relational system, and sexual reproduction in itself is also not to be considered normal among living beings. Besides, you're mixing up love with reproduction. Heterosexuality is logically most frequent in terms of reproduction, but in terms of simple love (=attraction to someone), what makes something more normal than another?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

does that mean it's right or normal?

it was right and normal befor.

check, Mesopotamia

"From iconographic evidence dating from 3000 BC to the Christian era it is clear that homosexual practice was an accepted part of the Mesopotamian scene. This conclusion is confirmed by many literary and legal texts in which homosexual activity is mentioned. [52]"
vilano
vilano
20 posts
Nomad

"I don't think people should be discriminated based on beliefs" = thinking it's wrong to discriminate based on beliefs.
"People don't have the right to discriminate based on beliefs" = thinking it's wrong to discriminate based on beliefs.

Let me spell this out for you.

"I don't think people should be discriminated based on beliefs" = I DONT THINK A CERTAIN ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN. (In this case discrimination of any kind)

"People don't have the right to discriminate based on beliefs" = THINKING ITS WRONG TO DISCRIMINATE BASED ON BELIEF.

If you know it's wrong to be, why are you

It is instinctive. I just am because I find it disgusting. However, I realize and recognize that I shouldn't be because these people can't help it, they just are gay. However, I am because I find it repulsive. However, I do see that it's not the gay's fault therefore I shouldn't be, but I am because I am digusted.
vilano
vilano
20 posts
Nomad

Besides, you're mixing up love with reproduction. Heterosexuality is logically most frequent in terms of reproduction, but in terms of simple love (=attraction to someone), what makes something more normal than another?

If you are homosexual you specifically find yourself sexually attracted to the same sex. That is the definition of homosexuality. I love my father and my male friends, I am not homosexual though. I am not talking about simple love I am talking about homosexuality.
Showing 811-825 of 1146