ForumsSupport ForumThere are a few forum glitches, please don't make any new threads yet!

44 5269
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

As above. The glitches appear to be:

1) AP calculations going awry, giving totals that appear much lower than should be added up.
2) New threads cannot be viewed properly or created.

The site has recently been undergoing a fair bit of maintenance, so I guess we should sit tight and wait for the natural order of things to be restored!

• 44 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I can now see this thread, and my post is proof.

CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

I see it too at least a mod is giving us some info on the problem.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Basic about information and biography seems to also be screwed up. But now since we can view these new threads, this means we can lock the 72 threads about it.

I see it too at least a mod is giving us some info on the problem.

As little good as it did when all you could see was the title. How do you think it feels when I post the problem on my profile and I still get people complaining about a problem a moderator cannot solve :/
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I just don't understand...

Obviously, people noticed the error when they saw that threads which were newly made didn't appear, or noticed pics/points on their biography were wrong. So they scoot on over to here, and what's that? The whole page is filled with titles about things which are obviously the same problem that you're having?

I KNOW! Solution is to add yet ANOTHER thread which no one can view!

*Facepalm*

On a side note, perhaps there should be a stickied thread for "Current mass problem/forum glitches" although that won't help those who don't have the common sense to figure out the issue in the first place, and they're the ones most likely posting the threads...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

As little good as it did when all you could see was the title. How do you think it feels when I post the problem on my profile and I still get people complaining about a problem a moderator cannot solve :/

Not to mention that the mods are not actually site staff, and have no idea what the heck is going on either.
It's like raging at the sales assistants when the prizes go up.

Is anyone going to make a "Keep calm and go do something else" poster, or is that mine to contribute with?
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

*sigh*

That's what I hate about these situations, not the actual result of it, but how the public reacts.
It must make it a lot harder when the mods/admins have to not only try to find a way to fix the problem, but also have to handle the huge amount of comments on their profiles and lock the:

72 threads

that keep popping up. Instead of keeping calm, and remembering that this isn't real life. No one is in danger of losing their life, or getting injured, yet they're acting like it's the end of the world.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

On a side note, perhaps there should be a stickied thread for "Current mass problem/forum glitches"

And people never read the stickies anyway.

Why do people get so worked up about losing AP? You would think that without it they would die or something.
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

No one is in danger of losing their life, or getting injured, yet they're acting like it's the end of the world.

I didn't act like it was the end of the world no. The fact that I lost a bunch of armor points, my about page all ruined, and to top it of some sort of virus. I couldn't close the website and had trouble doing some of my work I was suppossed to do so I had to do an emergency shutdown on my computer. It's still happening a few times but it's not so serious.
Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I didn't act like it was the end of the world no.

Talking about the people who were.
deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

Sorry didn't really type correctly. after saying "virus" iwas going to put this here: All those things that happened made me a little afraid to come back on.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I KNOW! Solution is to add yet ANOTHER thread which no one can view!

Dang, missed the bug; I couldn't help with creating more threads.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I was trying to track the AP problem down but I was checking the help and commenting on a game is only 2 AP. Did it use to be 3 or am i just imagining things?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I was trying to track the AP problem down but I was checking the help and commenting on a game is only 2 AP. Did it use to be 3 or am i just imagining things?

Commenting on a game is worth 2 AP, not 3.

Also, Santi_ told me this about the glitch:

Well, the glitch that is occuring is also throwing the AP weighting scales off.

In simple terms, somehow, the system that calculates the AP received, is flawed, and will drastically lower your AP if you start a thread, said by Strop on the Support and Suggestions forum.

Actually, Strop did not say what Santi_ claimed he said. Strop only said that there was an error in the AP calculation. The comment just specified the error, although I don't know how Santi_ knows this.
BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I just realized that the glitch also reset my bio to what it was a week ago. Just felt like adding that to the list.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I just realized that the glitch also reset my bio to what it was a week ago

And if you try to fix it it will get even more messed up. So don't try and fix it.
Showing 1-15 of 44