Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

There are a few forum glitches, please don't make any new threads yet!

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 6:30am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

As above. The glitches appear to be:

1) AP calculations going awry, giving totals that appear much lower than should be added up.
2) New threads cannot be viewed properly or created.

The site has recently been undergoing a fair bit of maintenance, so I guess we should sit tight and wait for the natural order of things to be restored!

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 3:40pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,604 posts

I can now see this thread, and my post is proof.

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 3:52pm

CommanderBrenden

CommanderBrenden

722 posts

I see it too at least a mod is giving us some info on the problem.

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 4:19pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,253 posts

Basic about information and biography seems to also be screwed up. But now since we can view these new threads, this means we can lock the 72 threads about it.

I see it too at least a mod is giving us some info on the problem.

As little good as it did when all you could see was the title. How do you think it feels when I post the problem on my profile and I still get people complaining about a problem a moderator cannot solve :/

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 4:38pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,734 posts

I just don't understand...

Obviously, people noticed the error when they saw that threads which were newly made didn't appear, or noticed pics/points on their biography were wrong. So they scoot on over to here, and what's that? The whole page is filled with titles about things which are obviously the same problem that you're having?

I KNOW! Solution is to add yet ANOTHER thread which no one can view!

*Facepalm*

On a side note, perhaps there should be a stickied thread for "Current mass problem/forum glitches" although that won't help those who don't have the common sense to figure out the issue in the first place, and they're the ones most likely posting the threads...

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 4:41pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

As little good as it did when all you could see was the title. How do you think it feels when I post the problem on my profile and I still get people complaining about a problem a moderator cannot solve :/

Not to mention that the mods are not actually site staff, and have no idea what the heck is going on either.
It's like raging at the sales assistants when the prizes go up.

Is anyone going to make a "Keep calm and go do something else" poster, or is that mine to contribute with?

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 4:42pm

Santi_

Santi_

2,420 posts

*sigh*

That's what I hate about these situations, not the actual result of it, but how the public reacts.
It must make it a lot harder when the mods/admins have to not only try to find a way to fix the problem, but also have to handle the huge amount of comments on their profiles and lock the:

72 threads

that keep popping up. Instead of keeping calm, and remembering that this isn't real life. No one is in danger of losing their life, or getting injured, yet they're acting like it's the end of the world.

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 4:43pm

daleks

daleks

3,658 posts

On a side note, perhaps there should be a stickied thread for "Current mass problem/forum glitches"

And people never read the stickies anyway.

Why do people get so worked up about losing AP? You would think that without it they would die or something.

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 4:49pm

deathbewithyou

deathbewithyou

589 posts

No one is in danger of losing their life, or getting injured, yet they're acting like it's the end of the world.

I didn't act like it was the end of the world no. The fact that I lost a bunch of armor points, my about page all ruined, and to top it of some sort of virus. I couldn't close the website and had trouble doing some of my work I was suppossed to do so I had to do an emergency shutdown on my computer. It's still happening a few times but it's not so serious.

Posted Mar 21, '12 at 4:53pm

Santi_

Santi_

2,420 posts

I didn't act like it was the end of the world no.

Talking about the people who were.

Reply to There are a few forum glitches, please don't make any new threads yet!

You must be logged in to post a reply!