ForumsForum GamesKept in the Dark -- It's Just the Beginning

131 15721
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Your hands are shaking... but you continue to write in your journal.

[/i]...now I'm all alone. No one here to help me... to tell me what to do. Corbis just went crazy. We should have known from the beginning. He gave us signs, but we ignored them. I had a feeling in my gut about him, and what he'd been up to before we all teamed up together, but I foolishly ignored that as well.

You take a break from writing, and focus on calming your nerves. Sweat dribbles down the side of your face, cooling you off.
You stand up, and look at the evironment. You're inside of a small room, with a dark hallway staring at you. You sit back down, and begin to write some more.

If you find this, journal, then you should be able to find the radio that I have left for you. Look in the desk, third droor. Turn the frequency to 30.6, and talk to me. I have no clue what these things are, so I'm hoping that you do. Please, contact me right as you read this.[i]

You place the pen that you've been using into your pocket. You then place the journal on the floor where you've been sitting, and you stand up once again. You take a few steps in front of you, then you look down at the monster that you killed a few minutes earlier. Its head is shrunken, and its hands don't even seem to exist anymore. Enormous blades have grown out of the monsters arms, and a few bones reach out from the monsters shoulders. Suddenly, the monster's arm moves, and the blade taps your shoes. "Ah!" you yell, stepping back. The monster lies on the floor completely motionless now. Your hands begin to tremble some more. "Its time to move, screw this place." you say to yourself. The intimidating dark hallway continues to stare at you. There is a desk beside you, where you placed the radio for someone to retrieve, hopefully. A lantern is lit, sitting on top of the desk, but it has little oil remaining.

What will you do?

Character Sheet
Name:
Physical Desc:
--------
Suffering from: Nothing
Sanity: Low; Hands are shaking and you have a slight headache
Health: Maximum
--------
Time of Day: Unknown
--------
Companions: None
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen

Choose actions carefully in this game. This game is mainly for advanced players... which means that you gotta think a lot and make sure you make few errors.

The Sanity means how... sane you are. The more monsters you encounter, the more your sanity will drop. If your Sanity reaches rock bottom, then your companions will consider you a threat and unsafe to be around, and therefor they will kill you. If you have no companions, then you will be okay, but monsters will find you more frequently and it will be more dangerous. To decrease your sanity, drink alcohol, or just simply talk to companions about memories or talk about something you miss. Anything that would help you keep your mind in place.

The category named: Suffering From, tells you what your suffering from pretyt much. You have to eat, drink, and sleep in this game. If you don't get enough sleep, you will suffer from sleep deprivation. If you don't drink water, you'll suffer from dehydration, etc.

So... what will you do?

• 131 Replies
Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: blue wings
Physical Desc: short, thin, long black hair, black eyes.
--------
Sanity: Very low; Hands are shaking heavily and head is throbbing intensely.
--------
--------
--------
Inventory: Three Pens/Two candles
Right hand: Lantern(73%)
Left hand: Lamp handle

[cant i grab the broken lamp with one hand and the lantern with the other? since its broken its probably sharp and can make a good weapon]

Yes, but the bulb is broken, and that wouldn't do much damage against anything. So, you took off the lamp shade, and your using the lamp's body as the weapon, or in other words, the lamp handle. It would do more damage than anything else.

If i can i will try moving the closet to the door. then i will exit once again CAREFULLY through the door i went through and go to the next room after locking the door i came from.

You're back where you started now.

[question: the first room i started from. was it in one end of the hallway? and the room im in right now. is it on the right side, left side, same side or opposite side of the first room? becaise i think i kind of have a plan.]

Okay. You started in a room, and there wa a hallway in front of you. You went forward because there was no where else to go. At the end of the hallway was the room where you found the lamp and the other items. After you enter the room from the hallway, to the left was a door that led to another room. Did that clear things up?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

--------
Sanity: Very low; Hands are shaking heavily and head is throbbing intensely.
--------
--------
--------
Right hand: Lantern(73%)

[Oh ok. I thought that it was a really long hallway and that the room i was in right now is one of many rooms thats in the hallway.]

In that case i will go back to the room. I will lie down and use the lantern to make that little space between the door and the floor visible and check if there are any moving shadows for a few minutes. If there are i will wait until there arent anymore and then i will open the door CAREFULLY. If for any moment i notice that something agressive is there i will swing the handle to hit it and run back to the room and push the desk towards the door again

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

--------
Sanity:Low; Hands are shaking slightly.
--------
--------
--------
Right hand: Lantern(69%)

You lie down, and set the lantern beside you and wait for a few minutes. Nothing happens; no shadows, no sounds. Your mind clears up a bit, and your headache leaves you.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

--------
--------
--------
--------
Right hand: Lantern(69%)

ill slowly open the door being ready to quickly close it if i sense a movement

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

--------
--------
--------
--------
Right hand: Lantern(67%)

You open the door, and nothing happens. You peek inside, and the lantern's light only shows a small portion of the room. You see a desk, with burnt papers on top of it. Paper is scattered across the floor. You can't see anything else within the lanterns light. Something feels off, however. You feel a slight, chilling breeze. The lantern flickers widly because of the breeze.

What will you do?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

--------
--------
--------
--------

I will try to detect where the breeze is coming from QUIETLY. If its a window i will close it. Once i can see the whole room and see that it is safe i will lock the door that leads to the next room and any other opening that leads inside the room except the door to the previous room. Then i will start searching it

Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

Name: Mort
Physical Desc: Old, and a bit bent over.
--------
Sanity: Normal; seeing Ashley again helped the situation a bit.
--------
--------
Companions: Ashley
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Lantern

I'll make a quick search. (Are there any other exits beside the vent?)

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

--------
--------
--------
--------

I will try to detect where the breeze is coming from QUIETLY

As you peak inside, you see lights from inside the room... but they look far away. You quietly enter the room, and you then understand what is going on. The wall to the room is missing. A gigantic hole is sitting were the wall used to, and you can see tall buildings, outside of the hole and the lights on the streets. It is night time, and the streets are completely empty; no cars, or people. Suddenly, your lantern loses its flame. Luckily, the moonlight is illuminating the room in which you stand, so you can safely move around and know where your going.

You lock one door that leads to another room that is to the left of the hole. You begin the search operation, and find only these three items: a key, a roll of $64, and a carton of cigarettes. If you take the key, you can only take one more item with you.
==================================================================
--------
--------
--------
--------

(Are there any other exits beside the vent?)

Yes. Once you entered the room, there was another door to your left, a desk in front of you, and the vent was to your right.

I'll make a quick search.

The items you've found (with the help of Ashley):
Pack of Matches, office papers, paperweight, stapler, lamp, a computer, a keyboard, some febreeze, and a router.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

--------
--------
--------
--------

[Does the lantern work? because it still says 67%. Also, how is the world? does money even play a roll anymore? Also, the hole leads outside? is it big enough to go through?

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Does the lantern work?

Yes, but you need a match or something to light it again. It still has plenty of oil.
Also, how is the world?

Not good. The monsters are pretty much taking control of the world and killing off every human being they see. Money doesn't really matter anymore, I was going to see what choice you would make between the cigarettes or money. Since people say that smoking calms and eases their minds, then you could use them and it would bring back some of your sanity.
Also, the hole leads outside? is it big enough to go through?

I was going to mention that your 11 stories high in an office building, but I must have gotten carried away. And the hole is massive. Its the size of a car. Next time, I'll remember to add more detail.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

--------
--------
--------
--------

I will take the cigaretes and the key. i will take a pen and write: "HELP IM IN (insert adress)" on every bill and scatter them through the big hole. If there was a lamp/lightbulb anything that might have created heat i will try to use that to light up the lantern again. If there was i will again lie down and check the shadows in the next room. If there wasnt i will carefully open the next door and get ready to attack and go back and lock the room

Mort_Kawasaki
Mort_Kawasaki
1,211 posts
Nomad

--------
--------
--------
--------

Is the lamp portable?
If not, I turn it on. After that, I check if there's anything worth noting on the computer.
I also take the matches with me.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

--------
--------
--------
--------
Inventory: Three Pens/Two candles/Cigarettes(14)/Key
Left hand: Lamp

*Carton of Cigarettes & Key, added.

i will take a pen and write: "HELP IM IN (insert adress)" on every bill and scatter them through the big hole.

Done.
If there was a lamp/lightbulb anything that might have created heat i will try to use that to light up the lantern again.

Nothing is lit up in the room. The only light is the moonlight that shines through the hole.
If there wasnt i will carefully open the next door and get ready to attack and go back and lock the room

You open the door, and you take a peek inside. You see no signs of danger or movement in the room.
===================================================================
--------
--------
--------
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Matches(24)
Right hand: Lantern(72%)
Left hand: Lamp

Is the lamp portable?

Yes. You can hold it in your left hand as a weapon. You attempt to turn it on, but it looks like the building has no power, so you decide to take it with you and use it as a weapon.
After that, I check if there's anything worth noting on the computer.

Power is out.
*You take the matches.

(Do you want to speak for yourself instead of me speaking for you during moments when you converse with someone?)
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Zachary "Zack" MacAllistor
Physical Desc: He is tall (1,90), has red eyes, and black hair with red stripes. He is a little bit athletic and likes to wear jeans and t-shirts.
--------
--------
--------
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen

i examine the room and the monster as well, but carefully.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Name: Zachary "Zack" MacAllistor
Physical Desc: He is tall (1,90), has red eyes, and black hair with red stripes. He is a little bit athletic and likes to wear jeans and t-shirts.
--------
--------
--------
--------
Inventory: Ball-point Pen/Radio

i examine the room and the monster as well, but carefully.

The journal is lying on the floor, and there is a desk beside you with the radio that you left for whoever finds it. There is also an un-lit lantern sitting on top of the desk, and a hallway is directly in front of you. There are no doors within the hallway, it is just a hallway with a room at the end of it. There is no door in front of you, but at the very end of the hallway, there is a door that is opened.

So... what will you do?
Showing 16-30 of 131