ForumsGamesMonsters Den Chronicles: Party Builds

64 45243
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

So, I haven't seen any forum activity on the new Monster's Den, and I'd figure I would draw up a quick thread on what some of your favourite, or most effective party builds are.

One of the parties I have found to be most effective is:

Warrior - Champion
Cleric - Confessor
Ranger - Marksman
Ranger - Warden

This party is all about sustainability. You won't get massive ammounts of damage from this party, but you will have consistency, high accuracy, and a group filled with abilities to keep everyone alive for those long drawn out fights.

Strategy:

Your main healers are the Warden and the Confessor. Both will eventually gain the ability to revive fallen members and this is the top priority skill once available. The damage dealers will be the Marksman and the Champion. However, I do like to give the Marksman healing abilities when I can, but mostly stick to your offense first.

Armor:

For the Confessor get the magesteel set if you can, or anything to boost endurance and intellect.

The Campion will require endurance and strength.

Marksman will require endurance and dexterity, though starting action is also a good bonus. Or extra quickness.

Warden rounds out with dexterity and intellect gear.

• 64 Replies
jilliterate
jilliterate
3 posts
Shepherd

One more quick question--on the map for Riftstone Keep, Inner Sanctum, everything is black. How do I see the map to get started?

I know there's probably a better forum for this question--my apologies.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Try to use arrow keys to find your party.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Has anyone encountered the problem of selling a bag worth of stuff and not getting the acheivement?

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

http://i41.tinypic.com/hsqgex.jpg

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

If i'm using Rogue-Assassin then which attribute should I put in ?

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

With dagger - currently is no difference between str and dex. If Garin will implement better secondary stat scale, dex will win.
Maybe 2 levels in dex, 1 in endurance. Just for survivability.
Anyway, you can respec hero with special item from emporium.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

That link you posted isn't working :\\

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Um, it is a picture. Maybe something block it for you?

BTW, you need to use "Sell all" button, which you can find on the string with sack's name:
[options][]sack name][ ][sell all][0/100]

Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

I just finished retreating from champaign 4 in extreme mode, and it gave me 6 purple swirlys as a reward... (plus gold)
But, I didn't have enough any room in open bags.

So anybody know what those purple swirly reward thingy's are after you complete the retreat from champaign 4?

waterzxc
waterzxc
10 posts
Nomad

Double click the purple things, they will give you legendary spark or some purple or blue items.

Noobclone
Noobclone
127 posts
Peasant

That's cool... I didn't get them in my inventory because out of room. BLARG

now you know

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

http://i43.tinypic.com/1r5jxw.png
Core items:
All have affix Socketed.
3 have suffix of Malice.
4-socket Blacksteel helm.
Shards of Dilaera

waterzxc
waterzxc
10 posts
Nomad

I got a shard which can let my weapon inflict magic damage. What does this mean ? Does it mean that after using that shard, all of my attack will become magical attack ? How is this a good thing when a lot of enemies got magical protection ?

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

This shard is very useful in Act 2, spirits have high physical def and low magic one.

waterzxc
waterzxc
10 posts
Nomad

Here's my second party, which is fast enough to take down 2-3 enemies before enemies move.

Captain - the tank. I mainly give him endurance and enemy attention to attract fire power. The key skill of him is the Keep Up skill, which gives ally 50% action clock. This hugely boosts the speed of the party. The inspiration fighting style also helps bring more damage.

Mage - weapon of mass destruction. Lightning Storm, Cold Front, Incineration and occasionally Power Siphon. You got all you need to destroy everything. I gave him everything that can boost his speed. Don't use long staff because it's too slow.

Thieves - The cannon. He has the highest attack power in the party but he is slower than mage and is lacking area damage. He is used to take down the big guys while the mage is finishing the others. Thief Luck is good because you don't want your mage fails to hit when he is using the expensive lightning storm.

Confessor - Support. Well, you know what he does. Aside from healing, I usually use him to deal extra damage to finish those enemies with only a little HP left because Smite has 100 accuracy and is extremely reliable. I also use him to buff the lightning storm or other fancy attacks of the mage. I give my confessor high speed (no heavy equipment) because he stays in back row and I trade the defense for speed for more consistent healing and buff.

Showing 46-60 of 64