Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Bullying

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 3:31pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,970 posts

Stop being wimps and fight back.

Oh yes. Violence solves everything.

If someone attacks you, you actually have every right to defend yourself, just don't use excessive force.

Last year, a 16 yr old punched me in the back of the head on the bus. I would've responded with force, but I was 18 at the time and it would be viewed as assaulting a child. I know how screwed up the legal system is and how sympathetic the media is to 'victims'. So no, you don't always have that right.

Posted May 4, '13 at 5:23pm

superbobdabest

superbobdabest

270 posts

If people try to bully me. I just ignore them. Walk away. Act like I didn't hear them. It will be hard at first but after a while it becomes second nature. happens all the time.

Posted May 4, '13 at 8:20pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

it would be viewed as assaulting a child.

a child? a 16 year old?
shell we go to a random school and ask random 16 years old if they think they are a child or not?
a 16 year old aint no child anymore. they know very well what is and is not allowed. i say he deserved a smack in the face, (no punch ofcourse, only when he keeps going)

Posted May 4, '13 at 8:56pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,970 posts

a 16 year old aint no child anymore.

For legal purposes, they are. Sucks, but to change it, we'd need to lower the age of 'adult'.

Posted May 4, '13 at 10:06pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

often enough do 16 year old come befor a judge as a adult.
why not the other way? a 16 year old sure knows that hitting someone is a bad thing. people learn that around 7-10 year old. they might try again when they are 12-14 and puberty starts to kick in. but by age 16 they sure know the results and if they dont, they need to learn the lesson. and what better lesson then reality? a hit back.
there is nothing wrong whit hitting kids at the right time. and such time sounds like the right time to me.

Posted May 4, '13 at 10:09pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,970 posts

there is nothing wrong whit hitting kids at the right time

You have no idea how screwed up our school systems are. You can get suspended/expelled for being a victim of a fight if you defended yourself.

Posted May 4, '13 at 10:18pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

You have no idea how screwed up our school systems are

yea, i'm so glad ive not been part of that system.
no pun intended, but it just shows me how screwed that part of the world is, once again. here we use more common sense i would (almost) say.

Posted May 4, '13 at 11:04pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,970 posts

here we use more common sense i would (almost) say.

Common sense ain't common 'round here. Remember what happened with the Trayvon Martin case, with the media showing pics from 5yrs ago as emotional appeals? Same thing would happen if I fought back. Who does a judge/jury side with? The aspiring, outgoing, smiling, innocent child? Or the introverted, muscular adult?

Posted May 5, '13 at 12:18am

wontgetmycatnip

wontgetmycatnip

95 posts

Common sense ain't common 'round here. Remember what happened with the Trayvon Martin case, with the media showing pics from 5yrs ago as emotional appeals? Same thing would happen if I fought back. Who does a judge/jury side with? The aspiring, outgoing, smiling, innocent child? Or the introverted, muscular adult?

Well, to be fair, they also showed Zimmerman when he was fat, while at the time of the murder, he was muscular, and Martin was rail-thin.

Posted May 5, '13 at 1:15am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,970 posts

Well, to be fair, they also showed Zimmerman when he was fat, while at the time of the murder, he was muscular, and Martin was rail-thin.

To be fair, they also fuzzed up the vids showing Z's injuries, edited the 911 call to imply racism, and downplayed TM's delinquency.

I suppose I would've eventually been cleared of everything, as there were plenty of witnesses to the unprovoked assault.

Reply to Bullying

You must be logged in to post a reply!