Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Many of you hate them...
Im an emo girl...Yes =/.
Why you hate them? (If you do)
What do you think of them?
Etc.
I really, sometimes, think about suicide, and im not joking.
But i cant say the reasons on here,though they are obvious.

• 182 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

okay, the one thing about emo that has to be cleared up is this:

skinny pants has nothing to do with "emo" that is just the punk rock look of the 80's. "emo" is the "emotional" ones. Not the ones who wear skinny jeans and baggy trip pants.

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

you know it's funny I go to a school in the suburbs and everyone calls me and my friends emo because we don't listen to rap and pretend to be gangster but on the bright side it's an excuse to beat up posers

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Arax, The phrase, You are not unique. We are the all knowing dancing $h!t of the world. That is from the book and movie Fight Club. And by drugs, I meant Prozac, zoloft, and other crap like um.

Rude. Of course I'm rude. Have you looked at my page? Do you realize that I am 26. I have been exactly where you are right now. If you'd like a window into the life of Tim, me, here you go.

When I was 5 my father died of questioanable circumstance. My mother never fully recovered, and I was raised pretty much by my sister 12 years my elder till she married and moved. I became a goth because it had all the people I was looking for and, whammo, goth I became. You say thinking about suicide and epression happen. You are absolutely right. A BS mask of happy, right again. But, have you ever attempted suicide? Ever triex to end you life? I did. Once with a knife. Once with drugs. Once by jumping off an 80 ft bridge into the river. And guess what? When I turned 24 I finally went to a therapist/psycologist. Mind you this is well after I met my wife, grew up, matured, and quit caring about what others think of me, and joined the NAVY.

Now, with all that said, do honestly think that what you are fealing is unique? Maybe its unique to you, but mot the emotion. Others all around the world have felt it. Kids who have drunks for parents. Catholic alter boys(ewww). Kids that are raised in the ghetto's and projects in section 13 housing living on welfare alone. Kids in adoption homes for the majority of there teenage years.

I say again, what you are fealing is not unique. But, that also means you are not alone. If you truly, genuinely, honestly feal the way you say you feal, if you can, talk to your parents. #ell, talk to a counselor or preacher, if your religious. But, don't, for one instance think you are alone in this epic struggle with depression.

Alguzara
Alguzara
519 posts
Nomad

Well yes i tried once but then i thinked about it and dropped the knife.
Tomorrow(Now its too late i gotta sleep) i will talk to my friends , family , and all my wanted one.
Thanks!
Gotta go now ,im sleepy.

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

i dont have anything against emo girls really, but the emo guys seem to be this sudden trend that has hit everywhere, i remember when everyone thought emo guys were weird, not even emo girls liked em, i just dont know what happend, if your wondering im a metalhead so im not a big fan of emos

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

if your wondering im a metalhead so im not a big fan of emos

Juvenile identity politics at its finest!
Bratt02
Bratt02
402 posts
Shepherd

What I hate about emo people is that they are a pessimist, not much of an optimistic person. Also, when they do something wrong, they cry it all day and they even slash themselves, I mean, slashing is not the answer! It will only lead to suicide. Anyway, I used to be an emo, but I tried looking up the brightside which isn't pretty bad, life is going well now, no more suffering, hatred and loneliness. But what I do like being emo is having the bangs! And also eye-liner and listening to MCR or any band that is!

Hmmm, maybe emo does mean EMOtional Disorder, as they do say in my place.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well it's all part and parcel of growing up. Life ain't a bunch of roses, even though it might seem ridiculous that one is whining about...what exactly?

But that's the point: the validity of the mental struggles that adolescents experience is being downplayed. Why would it bother people so much that others around them appear to be pessimistic?

Sociopaths aside, I think everybody would basically like to get along with others in some way or form, so if somebody appears stand-offish to you, you don't necessarily have to take it personally.

Other times, if it's just not worth the trouble of course...

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

in germany we have a " beat the emo day" XD we punch all the emos utta our cities that just stupid XD [it is not worth to have trouble for that!]

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

emos are humans too!so why we other them

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

[b it is really annoying sorry but it has postedit but i did not even wanted it lol anyways i think if emos get bothere for beeing sadly then happy humans should be threated so too]

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

in germany we have a " beat the emo day"

Every day is "beat the emo day" in Mexico!

Mexico is in fact the most actively 'anti-emo' country in the world. Why is this? Because apparently being emo in Mexico has homosexual connotations, and apparently Mexico as a whole is a pretty homophobic country.

We all beat each other up...but there's no reason to beat emos seeing as they already do that for you...sorry...I really couldn't help it :P
steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

I really don't understand emo's very well, what is there to hate about the world? not much...considering that everyone here has it ALOT better than alot of other pepole in this world. Think of the positives

you have a computer, you have a roof over your head, you have a family, you get to go to school (that is a privledge many people take for granted) and many many other things

As for cutting that is another i just don't understand...how could inflicting self-pain make you feel better? if you really really think about the whole concept, it is rather stupid.

these are just a few thoughts of mine on overly emotional people

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I hate emos they moan wen they have no real problems

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

As I pointed out earlier, we tend to think they aren't 'real' problems because they aren't tangible.

But...does this mean they aren't real problems? I'd beg to differ. I think the social dynamics tells us something about the state of society as a whole.

Showing 16-30 of 182