ForumsSupport ForumOrange Text

37 5267
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The problem I am posting about is one that I saw on Darktroop07's profile. This problem is not on my profile. The problem is orange text in the about and the wait message with the exception of links on the about, which are the color they are supposed to be. I took two screenshots to show both parts of the problem.

The first screenshot is to point out the orange text in the about:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Images%20for%20Armor%20Games/OrangeTextAbout.jpg

The second screenshot is to point out that the text of the wait message after commenting on Darktroop07's profile is orange:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Images%20for%20Armor%20Games/OrangeTextMessage.jpg

Here's a link to Darktroop07's profile so you can see for yourself. I also asked him why the text is orange, and here is his response:

That's odd I'm guessing the HTML I posted for colony changed it all yellow...

P.S. It's orange, not yellow. However, the text color is closer to yellow than red.

Can someone explain why an about would have orange text for everything but the links?
  • 37 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Probably some glitch. I actually find it pretty cool. I would call it more of a gold. Still, it is odd.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Yep, ArmorGames supports HTML code. Just gotta add in the correct verifiers in the correct place and BOOM. Giant, red text.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Hum so that's what it is I tried putting down some HTML code for colony, for those users that wanted to change their text color but instead it changed it gold.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Yep, ArmorGames supports HTML code. Just gotta add in the correct verifiers in the correct place and BOOM. Giant, red text.

I thought the abouts didn't support HTML. Is this another change to the site that was made at the same time as the new last post system?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Are we allowed to do this to our about page?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Are we allowed to do this to our about page?

Apparently, you're treating the answer to this question as yes even though I have not seen any response about whether HTML is allowed or not.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Ya. HTML works now, even though it still says it is not allowed.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

Hahahaha yay! This is so cool! Thanks Freakenstein! And i know all about HTML from exit path so yeah. It's easy to use ^_^
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

... Or is this allowed now?

Don't know. Honestly I know nothing about coding. You could try it and see. I would but I would have no idea what it supposedly would do.
waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

I don't believe that your allowed to use the coding in comments, mainly so you don't have a similar text color as mods/admins. On profiles, it may be a completely different story.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I don't believe that your allowed to use the coding in comments, mainly so you don't have a similar text color as mods/admins. On profiles, it may be a completely different story.

This is a new issue that occurred today when Darktroop07 caused his about to become orange text somehow. This makes me think that HTML code used to not work on abouts.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Just saw rainbow coloured text on someone's wall haha...

Daizidawizard9000
Daizidawizard9000
1,609 posts
Nomad

That's probably me. Click here for the HTML colors.

How you do it:

You go to your profile and put in this code:

[font color="#C0C0C0"] That is for silver. And replace the brackets with < and >.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

Well it's particularly my fault due to the reason that I accidentally placed HTML code into my profile without knowing it would change everything orange.
and I'm guessing it's fine as long as it's on your about and not posting with the HTML to impersonate a mod or admin.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Well it's particularly my fault due to the reason that I accidentally placed HTML code into my profile without knowing it would change everything orange.
and I'm guessing it's fine as long as it's on your about and not posting with the HTML to impersonate a mod or admin.

The admins will probably make a ruling on this issue on Monday. Also, you are correct in that you are the cause of this issue.
Showing 1-15 of 37