ForumsGamesMarioKart Wii

33 6327
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Since mkwii is my favourite videogame. I've heard that a lots of other people like it too. So here you can talk about this excact game.

• 33 Replies
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

Really fun game, and I like all the players. Especially Dry Bowser and King Boo.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Well king boo isn't exactly one I like, but Dry Bowser is my second favourite character. Character and bike I use almost all the time is Funky Kong and Bowser Bike.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

The characters don't really matter in MarioKart Wii other than their size, which determines what carts/bikes you can use. While it is fun, the game is also a step down from MarioKart DoubleDash, which I think had better places and more strategy involved.

I use a medium sized character (usually Yoshi) with a kart. Haven't played the game in a long time though.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

I suggest for you to try Bowser bike with anyone of big sized characters. For medium try out the Mach bike and for Small sized, try to use the Magicruiser (has to be unlocked). Anyway the best vehicle in the game is bowser bike.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Anyway the best vehicle in the game is bowser bike.

In your opinion.

I personally don't like playing with either large characters or bikes, so suggesting I use something which is both isn't going to happen.

Bikes are rather lame in that you're always flicking your controller up and they aren't all that good at turning. They don't get as large a turn boost either, so on any course that isn't mostly straight karts are going to be the winners.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Not just in my opinition! Go to youtube and watch how people are playing on WiFi. You'll see that almost everyone is using big sized characters (almost everyone will be funky kong). During the video, check out the vehicles that everyone is using. And what is the vehicle? Bowser Bike. So how about you try it by using manual and than comment. Without bowser bike I would have never got the rosalina and the Mii outfitt B.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

So how about you try it by using manual and than comment. Without bowser bike I would have never got the rosalina and the Mii outfitt B.

I have tried it before. That's why I said I don't like it. If I hadn't tried it then I would have given no opinion on it.

Go to youtube and watch how people are playing on WiFi.

That's nice but I don't really care. Appeals to popularity don't impress me. Everyone could think that it's the best size/bike choice and I would still play with whatever I chose.

Not to mention I have played WiFi on MarioKart Wii on more than one occasion and I almost always get 1st w/ a mid size/kart combo unless I get particularly unlucky.

And what is the vehicle? Bowser Bike.

I'll just say it again for good measure. Anyone can post up a video on youtube, and just because the popular opinion (or the selective opinion) is that a large character w/ the Bowser bike is the best doesn't mean it is or that I would use it even if it was.

Bikes only have an advantage at places that are more straight than they have turns. All of the harder tracks have far more turns than straightaways where one can make use of the wheelie ability of bikes, and if I'm pulling out the best boost from turning on almost every turn while using a kart, bikes don't even stand a chance.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

OK. Let's say that bikes aren't your good part. Anyway, what kind of a kart do you use?

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

OK. Let's say that bikes aren't your good part. Anyway, what kind of a kart do you use?

Haven't played in a while. I think the name of the one I used the most was the Daytripper. Mostly because I thought it was funny, but also because its turning, acceleration, and boost were very good.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

I suggest for you to take the wild wing. It's turning isn't very good, but it's fast and acceleration, noone should care about that. There's a trick, you should try. When you're being hit by an item first press brake or drift without accelerating and then press accelerate as fast as you can (keep pressing brake) than you'll be drifting on the place where you are. Keep pressing those two buttons til you'll have blue fire. Than you let the brake go and you will be going on your maximum speed.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

When you're being hit by an item first press brake or drift without accelerating and then press accelerate as fast as you can (keep pressing brake) than you'll be drifting on the place where you are.

I call that quick recovering, don't know if there's an official name for it or not.

I suggest for you to take the wild wing. It's turning isn't very good, but it's fast and acceleration, noone should care about that

I can't recall off the top of my head which one that is. I don't like karts/bikes that can't turn well though. Speed is all nice and good, but if you can't get to that speed or keep it up well because you have to slow down when turning in order to not fly off the track, it's not very worth it.

I get most of my speed from getting the orange boost from basically every turn that takes more than 20 degrees worth of turning, and there's quite a few of those.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

But browser bike and Mach bike has really good turning.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

But browser bike and Mach bike has really good turning.

Neither have good turning. They each have high drift, yes, but that's not at all the same.

Handling controls how well a vehicle moves left/right when using just the control stick.

Drifting controls how sharp a turn you make.

I dislike high drift because it makes you fly off into the wall and causes sharp movements. Here's a wiki on all the kart stats.

Mario Kart Wii Wiki

Comparing the handling stats of the Daytripper to the Bowser Bike, it's 59 to 24. Comparing the drift, it's 32 to 51. This means that the Daytripper can swerve to avoid obstacles, items and maneuver into good positions with ease, and fits my style of making use of the boosts with the karts. Quite simply because it does not jerk off on a 45 degree course the second you start drifting, I can pull out an orange boost from almost any turn, and because its handling is good I can hug the inside walls of any course and effectively cut off at minimum a fifth of the race's length.

Long story short, I get hit less, I travel less distance, and I get constant speed boosts, vs being unable to dodge as well, traveling more distance overall, and getting smaller speed boosts far less often except for on straightaways where I go a little faster than normal.
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

So you're saying that browser bike hasn't bad drift. But the drift is a bit too good?

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

So you're saying that browser bike hasn't bad drift. But the drift is a bit too good?

It's too extreme for my tastes is what I'm saying. I'll draw a picture...

http://i.imgur.com/SfEXZ.jpg

Blue line = low drift, darker blue = boost
Red line = high drift

With low drift, you don't move so extremely. This means you can hug the wall and reduce the distance you need to travel. Further, At every direction change, or past a certain point, you can release an orange boost. Since when you drift with high drift you suddenly change directions, turns if they are long enough will force to you either release it and re angle or slow down.
Showing 1-15 of 33