Nostalgia

Posted May 14, '12 at 1:39am

SSTG

SSTG

11,634 posts

Knight

I found this site last year.
http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html
I used to be a big Radio Shack customer back in the middle 80's all the way to 1994.
I bought Speakers, a tape player, some expensive (at the time) headphones The Optimus Pro 70(I still use them), an equalizer, a couple electronic kits, resistors, batteries packs, antennas, etc.
On the site, you can actually flip the pages of the catalogs.
I spent at least 3 hours one evening just looking at them.
It's amazing to be able to see the changes in technology over the decades from 1940 to 2000.

It brings back lots of good memories to me.
Anyway post your nostalgic memories here. Share the links if they exists so that we can see them.

Posted May 14, '12 at 1:42am

SSTG

SSTG

11,634 posts

Knight

Oops, I forgot to make the link clickable, sorry.
http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html

Posted May 14, '12 at 1:48am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,316 posts

I remember how excited I was when I got my first walkman! I was 9 at the time, so that would have been 1996. And the walkman was old news when I got it! xD

I'm obviously not old enough to remember most devices from the 80's/early 90's. =P

But at least it makes me feel young! =D

Posted May 14, '12 at 1:54am

SSTG

SSTG

11,634 posts

Knight

I practically threw away my expensive Yamaha tape deck when I got my first computer with CD recorder. I used to spend lots of money of metal tapes. Recording on CD is so much easier. Now with Flash drives, we don't even need them. xD

Posted May 14, '12 at 2:36am

SSTG

SSTG

11,634 posts

Knight

This thread is not just about electronics. It can be about your first toy, first car, bike, gun, hobbies you used to have, places you used to hangout, a TV show, etc. Anything that make you feel nostalgic. What was the good old time for you.
It doesn't matter if you are 15, 30, 45,60, or 100 yo.

Posted May 14, '12 at 4:02am

Santi_

Santi_

2,420 posts

I remember a time where Spongebob was actually entertaining.

Posted May 14, '12 at 5:04am

CourtJester

CourtJester

5,558 posts

Knight

Jeez, I still have my Walkman and it still works! ha ha ha

Posted May 14, '12 at 12:01pm

joeybetz

joeybetz

107 posts

Knight

I remember watching TMNT religiously as a kid. I had toys, clothing, underwear, bed sheets, and even a mural painted on my wall. My parents finally found something I liked and stuck with it.

Another show that I used to watch was ReBoot. It wasn't on as often as TMNT, but when it came on I was glued to the TV.

Posted May 14, '12 at 3:18pm

Armpit

Armpit

803 posts

When I was a lad, my family couldn't afford these fancy-schmancy electronic devices. All we had was an old telly from the 60s.

Posted May 14, '12 at 5:12pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,715 posts

Ooh ooh I remember I time when.... I learned how to ride a bike! Ah good times riding in circles around my small driveway for about two hours.

Reply to Nostalgia

You must be logged in to post a reply!