ForumsWEPRis abortion ok?

867 278913
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Is abortion ok? I donât think so. The babies that these people are killing is wrong, some people say that itâs not a person that itâs a bag of cells or a fetus and not really human being I have to disagree

Please debate

• 867 Replies
Yakanuza
Yakanuza
18 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't support abortion for personal or monetary reasons by no way, but in case of raping or absolute no condition to help the supposely-going-to-born children - making it live in misery or inhuman ways, I think it's okay.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Well, I don't support abortion for personal or monetary reasons

or ?
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I think he means to make sound.

However, a late-term fetus can react/move in response to pain or discomfort. Also, what of the mute?

Mentally disabled folk are generally able to cry out, or thrash around

What of the paralyzed who cannot?

It wasn't my post, how am I supposed to know what he meant? And he who argues with those who argue for him loses trust.

Well, I don't support abortion for personal or monetary reasons by no way, but in case of raping or absolute no condition to help the supposely-going-to-born children - making it live in misery or inhuman ways, I think it's okay.

So, what if a poor woman has sex, gives birth, man runs off, woman is without money and was already without money? Also, why is it that in the second part of your post "Making it live in miserable or inhuman ways is okay" I mean, why TF would you say that? You want to spare a life but if it lands in a horrible place, i.e. underfunded, overcrowded foster home, a poor family, or on the streets, you have nothing to do with it and you don't care at all?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Also, why is it that in the second part of your post "Making it live in miserable or inhuman ways is okay" I mean, why TF would you say that?

I think what he was trying to say was he thinks abortion is ok in case of raping or absolute no condition to help the supposely-going-to-born children (making it live in misery or inhuman ways)
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Ill say in the 100 time, What about a family in which the mom get pregnant accidently? They need to low there life quality just to not end the pregnancy?

dalang
dalang
12 posts
Shepherd

no, the baby have his/her own will to life

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Step 1: Read previous 48 pages.
Step 2: Revoke your ill-thought out post and actually realize that
A: It is not a baby, it's a mass of cells.
B: It is entirely up to the woman
C: You have no right whatsoever to do anything about B
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

No, they don't have that capability at the stage that abortion usually takes place.
Henryantrim
Henryantrim
1 posts
Nomad

I believe it is ok if the mother did not intend to have the baby such as in **** other wise it is not

Demarius
Demarius
160 posts
Peasant

I think abortion is ok, because it's that persons choice. It's their body and their life. Let them choose.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I believe it is ok if the mother did not intend to have the baby such as in **** other wise it is not

Going to work through this mindset again.

Why is it okay to abort in cases of **** and not other times?

Reasons I've seen for &quotro-life" (and I put that in quotations for sarcasm, because pro-choice isn't anti-life and saying pro-life implies the other side is not such) given for it in order of most common...

1) Irresponsibility
2) Value/sacredness of human life
3) Physical/emotional harm (Usually referring to child, but may include mother)
4) Unwated (**** specific)
5) Child is innocent

#1 is somewhat valid. It's true that a lot of abortions could have been avoided through the use of contraception, but this doesn't account for cases of failed contraception or simple bad choices. We're human, we make mistakes.

#2 is entirely hypocritical. By making the argument that human life is sacred but allowing an exception in cases of **** is basically dehumanizing everyone who is conceived from ****. Which through logical extension is saying that how someone is conceived determines whether they are a person or not.

#3 is a double edged sword. If the child finds out that they weren't wanted and were going to be aborted but the parent changed their mind, that harms the child. On the other hand, raising an unwanted child can easily lead to situations of abuse and high stress on the mother. Even through adoption, the mother still has to deal with the social stigma and physical labor.

#4 is backtracking to pro-choice. Simply reasoning that a woman should be able to abort in cases of **** because she did not want to have a child extends to every situation in which the woman did not want to have a child and accidentally ended up pregnant.

#5 is again, hypocritical. If the child is always innocent then it shouldn't matter if it was conceived through ****.

What it boils down to is:

If you are against abortion except in cases of **** and you believe human life is sacred/that unborn children are innocent, you're a hypocrite.

If you are against abortion because people should take responsibility for their actions, you are not taking into account other circumstances and are not considering the implications down the road. Further, you are naive to think that people simply won't make mistakes.

If you are against abortion in every case (except where mother's life would definitely be lost) then I congratulate you on at least having a consistent argument, if emotionally shallow and unnecessarily rigid in thinking.
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

I have worked out what I think about abortion. I am prepared to change my mind. I decide to keep my thinking on this matter between the people I trust most and I. I abstain from this going round and round in circles.

lol7776
lol7776
35 posts
Nomad

i believe that it is not ok unless keeping it alive would be torcher

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Torcher? Torture?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

unless keeping it alive would be torcher

Torture to who? And what is considered a 'tortured life'?
Showing 481-495 of 867