6 posts
Nomad

How can you guys even post here?

• 38 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Eh! We be privateers, not pirates, master Trent, and in the King's name we behave as such!

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

What do you mean? You posted just now. These forums have the right balance between totalitarianism and anarchy. Sure, it's skewed to the left a little, but I don't think people want inflammatory images with excessive swearing and Annoyance jacked up to Arrow In The Knee levels. I'm pretty sure people also don't want to highlight text in order to read them either.

Aside the issues with HTML, half these rules are common sense in terms of civility and courtesy. Be nice and be fair, and you have just eliminated a BIG chunk of rule placement.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Ummm... Sorry Trent, but you're gonna find about the same rules anywhere on the internet. You can post about anything you want in the forums (aside from the few exceptions in the rules.)

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Considering the fact armorgames is for 13+, and there are decent people on the site with a decent community.
What more do you want?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

I know this won't mean much to you. But they still let me come here, it's not that strict.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Compared to Kongregate, yes because they encourage more lenience. Generally, no. It's not that strict. It's mostly common sense, and they don't allow inane threads to overrun the forums. I prefer it this way; it's tidy.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

*reads above posts* Huh. No one wants to say it.

Trent, look around you. We don't post here. These forums are deader than disco.

That said, Skater hit the nail on the head: rules don't apply strictly to veterans. Hell, I don't even remember the rules. I just do what I want. Same with Skater, only he's me if I weren't a spineless wimp. 's cool, AG affairs are largely decided by a shadowy organization known as CT, which is said to have a mod or two in its pocket.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

These forums are deader than disco.

Disco is not dead! DDDD:

We aren't strict, if you have a fraction of common sense.

There are plenty of dipcracks here, you know.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Had to laugh at the disco thing.

Anyways, these forums are pretty strict. You veterans just don't realize it because they've never visited an MMORPG forum. When I modded for one, I would usually clean up 5 posts of a man's business, 10 threads with nothing but swears, 20 threads that were complete and utter spam, and 9000 threads with pictures of completely unclothed women....

...In a day.

That said, Skater hit the nail on the head: rules don't apply strictly to veterans. Hell, I don't even remember the rules. I just do what I want. Same with Skater, only he's me if I weren't a spineless wimp. 's cool, AG affairs are largely decided by a shadowy organization known as CT, which is said to have a mod or two in its pocket.

You really have no idea of what the forums could be.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I would usually clean up 5 posts of a man's business, 10 threads with nothing but swears, 20 threads that were complete and utter spam, and 9000 threads with pictures of completely unclothed women....

Couldn't possibly do all that in a day. You'd crack under the immense pressure. 9000 individual threads? That's insane. Even with a ton of mods with you, the acts of deleting them would be unorganized. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you're likely exaggerating the danger.

You really have no idea of what the forums could be.

Yeah, they could be **********. That would be a terrible niche to reside in.

Compared to Kongregate, yes because they encourage more lenience. Generally, no. It's not that strict. It's mostly common sense, and they don't allow inane threads to overrun the forums. I prefer it this way; it's tidy.

I'd like to say we are +2 on the Police-State scale, while ********** is a -10 on the Anarchist scale. We're doing pretty good in terms of balancing freedom over containment.

Trent, look around you. We don't post here. These forums are deader than disco.

Yes, it's why we're 1300 on the Alexa scale and not, say, over 100,000. We're doing good, but we could be doing much better, like how it was the bridge between 09 and 10.

Also ironical how - nevermind. I'm not going to jinx it.

You used irony wrong.

There are plenty of dipcracks here, you know.

Like *****, *****, *********, and ************.

AG affairs are largely decided by a shadowy organization known as CT, which is said to have a mod or two in its pocket.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing :S
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Couldn't possibly do all that in a day. You'd crack under the immense pressure. 9000 individual threads? That's insane. Even with a ton of mods with you, the acts of deleting them would be unorganized. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you're likely exaggerating the danger.

I hope you realize I was trying to exaggerate. I was seriously kidding about the 9000 threads, but the other ones are only slightly exaggerated. xD

We also had a team of 15 mods, so, yeah, you could say there was a HUGE population of rule-breakers.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I don't see how that even proves your point... If anything, it makes it sound like the other forums were strict.

Oh wait, I guess I kind of missed my point there, didn't I? Well, I meant to put in the fact that the mods were very biased, and that a lot of threads like that would've made it passed them.

We didn't really have a rule system either. A lot of it was common sense that was distorted by idiots. We had reaaalllyyy bad mods.

I guess it was supposed to be like Armor Games, but with such a gap in between admin-mod discussion, admins would generally appoint the top 10 to be mods every year, and I've never seen a mod being fired there.

I really should read my posts before I post, shouldn't I?
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

If you're going to complain about anything, you should at least complain about something legitimate.

Like:

-Armor Games v3 has been coming "soon" for nearly a year.
-Admins tell player base virtually nothing.
-Each "update" introduces more bugs into the system than it fixes.
-The amount of spam comments on the games.
-Chain letters.
-How "updates" make the forums worse.
-That AGv3 has a worse layout for games than AGv2 does.
-Kaleidoscopic and seizure inducing profiles.

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

Armor Games v3 has been coming "soon" for nearly a year.

its a myth...

and the forums are not strict we just have more mods than necessary for the amount of posts. haha cause the forums died but the mods (some of them) stayed
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

but I don't think people want inflammatory images with excessive swearing and Annoyance jacked up to Arrow In The Knee levels.

"I used to want those things, then I took a banhammer in the face."

I'd like to say we are +2 on the Police-State scale, while ********** is a -10 on the Anarchist scale.

Wouldn't a negative anarchy mean a strong government? Just sayin'.

I hope you realize I was trying to exaggerate.

Never exaggerate. It leads to mass hysteria. And halitosis.

its a myth...

The myth that became a legend, the legend that became a nuisance, the nuisance that defied a community.

and the forums are not strict we just have more mods than necessary for the amount of posts.

That's probably because few users know about the forums. The community button should probably be changed. I clicked it from wondering "What the heck is that?"
Showing 1-15 of 38