ForumsWEPRAny questions about Noah's Ark , I will try my best to answer them

74 13376
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Would you like to know more about Noah's Ark and Noah's family and life?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

For example..
What mountain saved Noah and the Ark with he Animals.
Or how old was he?
How did he look?

Tell me and I will try my best.

• 74 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

There aer some animals that mate with the same gender

Of course, most sexually reproducing animals require heterosexual mating in order to actually provide any offspring, so...sexual preferences can't be everything!

On that note, it seems to me that to only take two of certain animals is extremely risky, seeing as the gestational period can be quite long for few surviving offspring and the hazards facing animals and mortality rates are such that it'd be well nigh impossible to generate an entire species population from just those few examples. There are also genetic issues with this- interfamilial breeding would have been much more common because it would have been inevitable, and this would have had the effect of increasing the incidence of various fatal recessive alleles, further placing the species at risk of extinction.

Furthermore if this flood covered the entire earth, there would have been evidence of a spread from the repopulation of each country of their native species. I don't think this is the case.

Finally, the question as it is in the Bible itself, is when would such events have taken place? It must have been a really long time ago to even consider being literally possible, in the way that many commonly interpret it.

Interestingly enough, aquatic and avian species may have been largely (not entirely) immune to this flood, unless you consider the vast ecological disturbances and environmental devastation that would result from a flood of such significance.
Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Strop, I thought that Danstanta was supposed to answer the questions . Nice to see you know some animal info though.

Danstanta, the Noahs ark story. Do you know where the original version of this story came from. By that I mean which people originally told it so it could be adapted for the old Jewish society of the time?

Strop, I know you it because you were involved in this thread with me a few weeks ago. Let him have his chance.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Well the people wouldn't really sure about that, because it is too realistic and many scientists didn't believe that their we're such things like that.

Well, what about the dinosaurs? We KNOW those existed.

And let me repost this from the 'Ask me questions on Christianity' thread:
"Seriously, I have read that dinosaurs went extinct because Noah could not fit them on the ark. Do people actually believe this? Or is it just an extremist view? I believe it was in the Creationist Museum that this was said... but then again, look at where all of their funding comes from.

I am all for people believing what they want to, but when it gets to pure ignorance of science... that just makes me angry. When I think about that Creationist Museum, and the crap that they are trying to sell to people, I honestly get angry about it. It is just spreading ignorance. I don't understand why religion and science can't actually be compatible with some things. They take a dinosaur and a bird and say there is not similarity, so evolution cannot exist. Of course they don't look at the linked species, that show the intermediate traits. Yea, they went extinct cause they couldn't fit on the ark...

I am fine with religion, and I think that for many people it is a good thing. But when it harbors ignorance and naivety, it makes me lose some of my faith in humanity."

-----------------------RANT DONE-----------------------
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Do you know where the original version of this story came from. By that I mean which people originally told it so it could be adapted for the old Jewish society of the time?

Well the original story was from the Jewish Bible. The Tora. But Noah's Ark wasn't a story. it actually happened. Theirs prof that It's real.

1. They would the Ark on Mt. Ararat in Armenia.

2. It was on the top of Mt. Ararat.

What is Mt. Ararat huh? Mt. Ararat saved mankind. Without that mountain Noah and his family with the animals would of died. And their wouldn't be no human or animal in the world.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

For

1. They would the Ark on Mt. Ararat in Armenia.

I wrote it wrong I'm sorry, It should be like this.

They found the Ark on Mt.Ararat.
Eric_Cartman
Eric_Cartman
100 posts
Nomad

how did he mange to bring over 10 million species on 1 boat

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

He did not bring that many. He only brought about 70,000-90,000. Remember, He only brought the good animals , but the bad animals, such as some humans. But Noah did not bring Humans to his Ark. Only his family and him we're the humans.

Ichibon
Ichibon
136 posts
Peasant

Thanx, but you're wrong. I asked you that question to test the extent of your knowledge. The origianl story of the ark and its savior of man and animalkind came from the Sumarians. It was told through a story called "Epoch of Gilgamesh". Here's a link to it to see for yourself.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Eh, yes I'm sorry but I'm manly good at answering about what God said to Noah or what happened after the flood. Or when the flood happened again.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

How many animals did Moses take onto the Ark?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Moses took...none. He had no ark. XD

Was it up to Noah what animals to take? Because, as said, I seriously miss the dragons, unicorns and faeries.

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

Noah lived to be around 600 I believe and how?

One theory is that all the water was in the atmosphere and blocked the harmful UV rays from the sun, and then when the people were being wicked, god made it rain from the atmosphere so that people only live to be at least 10x shorter than that.
Theres also stories of Indians that tied there canoes to the to the tops of trees and when the rain came down they climbed into their canoes except I don't believe this.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

yeah same here lol but i think he took every animal he could find

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

So if an animal is clean and seven can be taken, but the necessary small intestine bacteria are not, so only two of the animals can have them... what happened to the five unable to absorb nutrients and the two unable to absorb enough, why didn't all animals go extinct, even at the best possible ratio of bacteria to animal, 7-2, there is no way the animals could have survived. So, why do we still exist?

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

This is just another symbolic stories by God, just like Adam and Eve. Noah and the arc symbolizes how God cleansed the world and things of the sort. Trust me, I am not out to get Christians because I am one!

And really, I personally knew elves, and I miss them so. Maybe not dragons, but I love unicorns and faries, maybe even a leprauchan or two...

Showing 16-30 of 74