ForumsWEPRAny questions about Noah's Ark , I will try my best to answer them

74 13373
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Would you like to know more about Noah's Ark and Noah's family and life?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

For example..
What mountain saved Noah and the Ark with he Animals.
Or how old was he?
How did he look?

Tell me and I will try my best.

• 74 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Do people really believe this fable? Surely not...

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I dont i sed how could there be so many animals on one ark. There are 3-30 million animal spercies on earth. Dansanta u sed there were 70-90 thousand animals on the ark. Scientists know there are more. So are scientists wiser than God and Noah or did they just miscount lol. Also veen an ark which could hold 70-90000 animals would have to be huge and like i said on ur profile dan. No one could possibly build an ark back then with such comparably primitive building methods and even if it could have been done Noah wouldnt have been able to do it on his own.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

This is how I see it:

Noah's ark charade could have happened. Maybe the "world" to Noah was his surround area. It is very possible that there was a flood and he saw the rains coming so he made a big ole boat and put some people and animals on it. Not the WORLD as we know it, just his region. That could mean only a few thousand types of animals. Still, I see these Bible tales as fables, just like any other tale that has a morale to the story.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I htink that now no one can take any of these stories literallly just the moral message behind it as u sed. The people that do have blind faith which isnt a good thing. People should be allowed to question their god/ teachings to have a better understanding of how they work.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I agree. Blind faith is a scary, scary thing. It is almost like the person is brain washed.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Yes it is as bad as people joining scientology and things like that. I foy uare not allowed to question your teachings then your teachings need to be put into question. I am a member of the RAF(englands air force) and as i am an officer i have to answer the questions of the men in my unit on occassion. The military's view on this used to be that to question orders is disobedience and you would be put on a charge, however now the view on it is the ore recruits understand about why rules are there the more effective a soldier they will make. So it is not just religion where blind faith is an issue.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

The theory on this is that it is easier to control people when they know little.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

That is true knowledge is power and depriving people of knowledge is power and can be used to peoples advantage. For example i studied economics at school and learnt that when the internet came out it changed the prices of lots of things because people had easy access to knowledge. A good example of this is price comparison sites for insurance policies. Before the internet people had to phone up the companies and get a quote and finding out prices took a lot longer. The internet and comparison sites let people see for themselves and so the companies had to compete for customers. It is estimated that the price of house insurance fell by 10% when the internet was invented. Just an example i thought of but there are many more.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

That is pretty interesting concept. Of course you didn't learn that in America. Damn America and our crappy education system!

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

haha lol it is very interseting though. There is a theory that it caused many different events in history. For example the wall street crash, the downfall of the kkk and it also explains the pettiness of real estate dealers, however this thread has already gone way off topic and the explanations are very lenghty so i wont go into it post on my profile if u wanna know more

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Asherlee curses too! Wow that's great! Now I don't have to be scared of that anymore! Great job! XD

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

I hate that d.amn is starred out. We need to fix that. It isn't a curse word really.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh great Asherlee, now you've done it, you bad mod :P

As far as economics goes: something's only worth as much as one pays for it!

The rest is deciding how much you're gonna pay for it :P

Squalick
Squalick
68 posts
Nomad

As far as economics goes: something's only worth as much as one pays for it!

If that's true, then a loaf of bread and some water could be worth a million dollars under the right circumstances! This is an example of what's wrong with the free market.

[b]Why didn't Noah try to save 16 members of each species instead of 2? Are all the animals alive today the product of incest?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

If that's true, then a loaf of bread and some water could be worth a million dollars under the right circumstances!

Germany 1926. Zimbabwe 2008. You'll agree that in both cases there was a time that, yes, a loaf of bread was worth a million dollars of the local currency, no?
Showing 46-60 of 74