ForumsWEPRAny questions about Noah's Ark , I will try my best to answer them

74 13375
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Would you like to know more about Noah's Ark and Noah's family and life?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

For example..
What mountain saved Noah and the Ark with he Animals.
Or how old was he?
How did he look?

Tell me and I will try my best.

• 74 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Also: Both myself and necromancer have asked your latter question (note that not all the animals saved were only one pair...some were taken in larger groups)...mine came in the form of this.

As you can see, they've kinda gone unanswered. WE DEMAND ANSWERS

Squalick
Squalick
68 posts
Nomad

Ah, maybe I asked my question wrong. A million Zimbabwaen dollars is only a couple of American dollars, I was thinking of 'a million dollars' not in terms of a value subject to inflation but in terms of a massive amount of money. If you were starving and in the middle of nowhere, and you had a million dollars, then someone could sell you water and bread for a million dollars, even if that same million dollars could buy you a small airplane somewhere else.

My main objection about "something's only worth as much as one pays for it!" is that this is a part of fundamentalist free-market thinking. In Latin America there have been many US-backed coups to remove statist governments and replace them with neoliberal governments so that their economies would be more easily exploited. In those situations the markets were deregulated; price controls that had previously made bread affordable to everyone were dropped, and the prices skyrocketed to the extent that people had to choose between bread and other staples of survival - for most, luxury was just out of the question completely. And this went on for a long time. People were willing to pay what they had to pay because they had no other option. Bread wasn't really worth the retail price, in the sense that distributors were making absurd profits, the farmers who grew the bread were poor, and the consumers should be entitled to afford bread along with everything else necessary to their survival (quite reasonable considering that the rich in these countries were growing richer and richer and richer by the day... there was certainly a lot to go around).

How was food distributed on Noah's ark? How much was a loaf of bread?

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

@ strop i belive u mean Germany 1923 was the worst year of hyperinflation.

Its all about supply and demand. Money is meaningless unless people want it. It is just paper. It is what it represents. Dont think about the value of things. Think about the value of money itself. There have been theories that the world could work with no currency at all however i have not heard the details and it doesnt really sound feasible to me.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ooh, yeah, by '26 they'd already reestablished a new currency and nipped the inflation in the bud, ya? No, wait, by '26 the Reichsmark had already been in place for more than 2 years!

My bad. Point still stands, but. And woody's point was what I was getting at.

But to deal with Squalick's point: I also do not like fundamentalist free-market thinking (economic libertarianism); as it is only systematic in the rawest sense, it is tantamount to economic anarchy- in an anarchy, those that exploit are the ones that thrive and this is ultimately anathema to the aims of 'higher' society.

So I would qualify that 'something is only worth as much as you're willing to pay for it' with 'by definition'- that is to say I was referring to this in the trivial sense in order to point out that it needed to be considered in order to bring home the nature of money itself. In a way though, as woody pointed out, supply and demand can change the dynamics greatly such that a state of business at one time might be completely unrecognisable at another point- the price of oil being one such example.

Still, I'm moreso a fan of business regulations within a certain scope, because I certainly agree- to simply accept supply and demand as the status quo opens up dangers to a monopolising control of supply and demand on such things that are undeniably essential to the simple act of staying alive. And that's tyranny.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I agree some strucure is needed to the currencies of the world. And this idea would only work if every single country participated which isnt very likely

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

It wouldn't be that hard to add structure to world currencies if we created an international treaty to adopt gold, silver, or some other valuable material standards (it would be interesting to try oil as a standard).

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Not enough valuable minerals and too much oil.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I would say it is the other way round. With petrol prices rising i would say there isnt enough oil. Also what necromancer said about gold is interesting as in the old days ie around mid to late 19th century all currencies in the world were measured by the amount of gold it could buy. Ie £1 could buy a gramm of gold or $1 dollar could buy 0.5 gramms of gold. You could even go to a bank and ask to withdraw your money in gold. Its interesting because now the exchange rate depends on how many US $ u can buy with it but i think having it based on a neutral substance like gold which is valuable everywhere is quite a cool idea.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

We should also imagine all the animals that didn't live in the area were moses was. I mean, i don't mean to be anti-Christian here or anything, but how did moses get snakes, tigers, elephants, wolves, ducks, and everything. I mean, i am sure that all thise animals did not live in the same climate, so how did he get them. Fed-Ex?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Noah was powered by God's engineering. He could make rooms with bearable environmental conditions for each and every animal entirely from the wood at his disposal.

Totally.

Actually, I'm likely to be told "that's blasphemous, don't discount the miracle working power of God".

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Well not all christians belive in the miracles but just follow gods teachings and moral lessons so dont generalise about all christianns. Altho i wont b surprised if some fool out there did call u blasphemous and u are going to hell etc

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yep. Because let's face it, I'm quite aware that some of the things I say are either a) irreverent b) gnostic c) downright heresy.

Furthermore since I hold nothing sacred, I view these as valid avenues of discourse (with all due respect). If there were no such thing as heresy there would be no berth for such an accusation as heresy.

That said I'm not generalising about all Chrisitans...I'm personally familiar with a large sample space due to my background. "Likely" here means that at least somebody is gonna harass me about it. Were I generalising I would have said "definitely" or something.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

yep thats tru. I mean its weird that to be extremely religious nowadays lots of ppeople think they have to call non belivers heretics and things like that. Its not that it offends me which is one of the funny things about religious people who threaten you with burning in hell, you just say i dont belive in hell so that is an empty threat in my eyes. The fact they are so agrresive about it is quite intimidating. Why cant we all just get along.

baseballfamer123
baseballfamer123
321 posts
Nomad

Ok, I have a tricking one. What is Noahs full name. Middle and Last.

Showing 61-74 of 74