ForumsProgramming ForumNeed coments on my game

56 21792
Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

Hey everyone! I am currently developping Age of War 2 and I would like to know what you are thinking about our progress so far. Since I made a dev blog, I wont post any progress here, but ill come back to read and respond to your comments.

I don't know when the game will be released.
There will be at least 7 ages.

The blog: www.interactive-pixels.net

You can also post your comments on the blog

• 56 Replies
andrewheath7
andrewheath7
22 posts
Nomad

what are the ages ?

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

Fantastic work, I can't wait till its out.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Looks great so far! Good job and keep it up.

xXxTetimaruxXx
xXxTetimaruxXx
418 posts
Nomad

Boy, a sequel? I didn't expect that. Can't wait! I hope it's coming out soon!

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

Hey, congradulations!! This game looks great. I loved the very first one aswell. If you ever need a beta tester, I'm a very good one, I know what to look for an I've BETA'd before...

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

That game looks great. I am a big fan of Age of War 1, so I will love this one. Can't wait!!!!!

SpartanWarrior3
SpartanWarrior3
175 posts
Nomad

So, how about that beta testing...tehe.

Louissi
Louissi
66 posts
Peasant

Flagged you, advertising in a post like that is not cool.

roxas18
roxas18
12 posts
Nomad

Looks awesome can't wait.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

I think it's really great you've decided to remake the game. My biggest concern with the first was that I felt like it played somewhat slowly. Even though the replay value was really good, I would like more depth to this sequel.
Different maps to conquer that would accompany the ages would be a great addition. Buying upgrades with leftover gold from these maps would be a must.
You've spent quite a bit of time developing different characters for each age and they all look great. You should make sure the gamer earns your time by making them have to earn these different characters. Even just starting out with basic melee characters and having to recruit new units would stand alone as a great addition to the game.
This has some strong similarities to a turret defense game, and you could take the qualities that most people like from that genre (strategic turret placement, fiscal management, and reserved upgrades) and bring them all into this game. For each map that you have, you could buy turrets there to make it a bit easier.
Replaying maps for a higher score and more gold would make the game easier for those who aren't that great at managing money or who just want to buy everything (like me). Higher difficulty levels might take away this option.
I would like to see siege units as the player advances in Age, as well as preemptive strike options or "carpet bombing" for the modern ages.
A playable hero might make the battles go by a little faster, but that wouldn't be necessary if you add enough elements to keep the player's mind occupied.

I'm really excited about seeing some gameplay. Good luck with everything!

thaggard53
thaggard53
808 posts
Nomad

oh my god i can't wait for that to come out. Age of war 1 is one of my favorites ever, so if this game is as good as it looks, it is almost unimaginable how good the game will be

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I really can't wait for Age of War 2 to come out.

It's gonna be the best.

Henrytheonlygameking
Henrytheonlygameking
677 posts
Nomad

nice one i loved age of war i cant wait

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I cant wait!
Maybe you shud have the romans in this one.... ; )

CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

Glad to hear about spartans!

Showing 16-30 of 56