ForumsThe TavernBoard games that make you unbored.

49 8328
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

My favorite board game is risk. Whats yours?

• 49 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Chess. It encourages deep thought and if you're in a good game it'll last a while.

For just relaxing with a bunch of people, monopoly. Long fun game of chance.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Probably backgammon...it's surprisingly addicting. And, seeing as I am not wood or cardboard, I cannot become unboard. Sadly

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

You can't beat chess. But if you don't feel you are the chess type, you may also give Reversi/Othello a try.

And of course, there's always Mastermind.

cje95
cje95
38 posts
Jester

I have to agree with you on risk, it's so much fun!

cjhall
cjhall
213 posts
Herald

I like to play Dominion. It is fun and makes you use strategy, and once you have played it a few times, it can be quick.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Everyone I know has a grudge against Monopoly for being the most senselessly long game ever...

On the contrary, I dislike it because it's mostly luck-based. Even though there is definitely more skill involved than purely luck-based games like Chutes & Ladders or my personal least-favorite, The Game of Life, it still relies far more on luck than on skill, and I don't have the patience for games like that.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

On the contrary, I dislike it because it's mostly luck-based. Even though there is definitely more skill involved than purely luck-based games like Chutes & Ladders or my personal least-favorite, The Game of Life, it still relies far more on luck than on skill, and I don't have the patience for games like that.

My friends and I play monopoly every so often. We make it more skill based by trading/making deals, like loaning someone an amount of money so they won't die if they hit an opponents property, the rationale behind that they might die on you instead, getting their things. It is still heavily determined by luck though.

I've always liked Rumikub.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Chess is always a favorite. Monopoly I love (probably because I always win when I play). Stratego is a nice game for me to play too haha

And then of course, anytime I play ANY board game with my lil cousin it's like playing a whole new game. Who doesn't love a surprising rule twist in a pivotal moment of a game!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't play a lot of board games, but I find myself choosing risk more often than not when I do.

I even occasionally play an online version.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Monoploly is great. You can have one game going to keep you occupied for days.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
512 posts
Peasant

my fav board games is Mancala and scrabble

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I enjoy many board games, but my undisputed favorite is definitely Risk. With a couple of friends, I could go on playing for hours and hours and hours.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I like scrabble, I don't care for anything else.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Risk is pretty good, a mix of stragety and luck

Stratego, similar to risk, except you start with all you pieces on the board and it is all skill.

Monopoly, long, and requires no skill, other when knowing when to build something.

Chess, great game, really stimulates the mind.

scrabble, only for those who know too much about the english language.

my favorite is risk

~~~Darth Caedus

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I love pretty much any board game, EXCEPT perhaps Risk and Axis & Allies. Those are not enjoyable in my humble opinion.

Showing 1-15 of 49