ForumsThe TavernPrologue: ModofFame

60 9028
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I am going to make a "ModofFame" for all the Moderators who worked as hard as they could to make the Armor Games community better. I will interview all the Mods (including old ones) and if not, I will interview people to answer my questions.

Moderators interviewed so far:

-Cenere
-Gantic

Gantic gave me a list of the Moderators:

Asherlee
Calm
Carlie
Cenere
dank
Devoidless
DragonMistress
Estel
Flipski
Freakenstein
Gantic
Moegreche
MRWalker82
NoNameC68
Strop
ubertuna
Zophia

Are there any more Moderators I need to add to the list?

• 60 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What is the purpose of this?

Are there any more Moderators I need to add to the list?

Looks like all of them.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, looks like you got all the mods.

So wait, if this is similar to the hall of fame and you already listed them all, doesn't that take away the purpose? Or is it going to be like a "mod of the month/week" kinda thing?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Good luck getting in contact with most of them.

But hey, sounds like a cool idea, can't wait to see what some of the mods have to say.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm interested to see how you will go about this as well..

The mod a month/week thing sounded like a good idea...but would be quite difficult to keep track of moderator activity I would imagine

(just throwin' my 2 cents in on what I think would be a nice idea for it) You could each month or week (goin off pickpocket's idea) name a mod and them some interview questions you gave them and their answers (their worst experiences, funniest experiences, how the enjoy their mod life, etc).

Now I know you probably already have this thought out and all...but if you ever wanted to expand on it that'd be an interesting thing to see (at least, I think so haha)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Ash, Estel, Uber, Dragon aren't going to answer I wager.

Calm and Moe popped up within the last half year or so. Zoph....ask Cen about it.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Ash, Estel, Uber, Dragon aren't going to answer I wager.

Don't forget Flipski. And Walker had a heart attack (not really).
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

It will take me 1 month to do this. I want to create it before AG3 starts. I guess you would call it a recognition.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

What is the purpose of this?

Does it need a purpose? I don't think so.

I don't think you will be able to get in contact with most of them.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I don't think you will be able to get in contact with most of them.

And that is why you, the users of AG, will answer my questions in replacement of the Mods.

Surely some of you should know some of them.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Does it need a purpose? I don't think so.

All threads should have a purpose. I don't see a purpose in asking them questions then making a thread about it. Especially if the questions are really generic, you can answer them by thinking and research.

As for the recognition. They're recognised by people that were around during that time. Most people won't remember them because they aren't relevant anymore.
-Reason why you became a Mod
-What role did you play in the AG community
-Were you loved or hated?
-Your siginificance to AG

- They wanted to spend time maintaining the site.
- You can get this by reading over their posts. Take Freakenstein for example, I mostly saw/see him posting in S&S. Gantic seems to mostly be in S&S and AMW. NoNameC68 in WEPR and video games.
- Everyone is liked and disliked.
- You usually get noticed if you're active and make an impact. Such as with Gantic's peculiar threads and 90 merits. Moegreche's great debating skills. Cenere's well-thought out posts. Zophia's, Strop's, and Cenere's drawings.

At least make the questions interesting if you're gonna go through with this.
Asherlee
Calm
Carlie
dank
DragonMistress
Estel
Flipski
Moegreche
MRWalker82
ubertuna

You most likely won't get a response from those quoted because they either have their comments closed or don't use the site. Some of the others will probably skip over your questions as well.
And that is why you, the users of AG, will answer my questions in replacement of the Mods.

Most people around have an account from 2010+. Most of those mods were around in 08 and 09, so we don't know them.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

dank

I have talked to dank. I don't think he gets many comments but I have seen him around.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I need you guys (replacement for inactive Mods) to answer my questions about the Mods.

You don't have to answer them now, but I'm going to let you think about this for a while.

-How did he/she became a Mod?
-Why did he/she became a Mod?
-What was his/her role in the AG community?
-Was he/she loved or hated?
-What was his/her impact or significance on the AG community?

Think about this and be ready to be interview if they won't respond in 3 weeks.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

-How did he/she became a Mod?
-Why did he/she became a Mod?
-What was his/her role in the AG community?
-Was he/she loved or hated?
-What was his/her impact or significance on the AG community?

These are really obvious questions and I covered them on the previous page.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

[quote]-Reason why you became a Mod
I was bullied into it by Strop. Not to mention I was asked if I wanted to, and one is not to protest the requests of the community manager and mod team.
-What role did you play in the AG community
I don't think I did play a role. You gotta ask someone else about that. I just did what I had to do with varied degrees of success.
-Were you loved or hated?
Again, I don't think I can be a judge of that. I have been cursed out and called everything from gay to Nazi. I have also been told people thought I did a good job.
-Your significance to AG
I would like to say I had any, but much of what I wanted done, never got through to the staff, which I regret still.

-Cenere[quote]

I want a specific answer. For goodness sake, this is a "Mod"ofFame. It's a recognition, a memory!

I also want to ask them what fun experiences they had and what horrible experiences they had. I need a secondary source to answer my questions since most of them aren't active.

I really want to make this thread for obvious reasons I stated in the OP. Can you cooperate with me and give precise information about the current Mods, and hte previous Mods.

I think the hardest person to get info from is maybe Carlie. She has been here longer than us and basically none of us knows her.

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for double post.

ARGH! I never asked for a double quote! This always happens to me when I try to do a quote!

I'm assuming only the Admins know most of them pretty well. I have to ask Joey or any active Admin to help me.

Showing 1-15 of 60