ForumsThe TavernPrologue: ModofFame

60 9027
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I am going to make a "ModofFame" for all the Moderators who worked as hard as they could to make the Armor Games community better. I will interview all the Mods (including old ones) and if not, I will interview people to answer my questions.

Moderators interviewed so far:

-Cenere
-Gantic

Gantic gave me a list of the Moderators:

Asherlee
Calm
Carlie
Cenere
dank
Devoidless
DragonMistress
Estel
Flipski
Freakenstein
Gantic
Moegreche
MRWalker82
NoNameC68
Strop
ubertuna
Zophia

Are there any more Moderators I need to add to the list?

• 60 Replies
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Strop posts in the AMW a few times a month.

That's barely anything to qualify anyone as active. He's retiring anyway, so it doesn't matter how many times he posts in the AMW every month.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

No idea on Asher though.

Last time I talked to her she mentioned she works in the early morning to around 6pm. She would post a few times a day. Suppose something came up or she lost interest, it happens.
That's barely anything to qualify anyone as active. He's retiring anyway, so it doesn't matter how many times he posts in the AMW every month.

I know, but he said they were completely inactive; no site activity whatsoever, which is false.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

If they are inactive, then they don't belong on the mod of fame list in my eyes.

No well they do, for the work they have done.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

No well they do, for the work they have done.

Yes, every person on that list whether they're still mods or not was active at some point during their reign as moderator. I don't recall there every being a case of someone being modded and then doing absolutely nothing for the community.

They've all earned their position on the list one way or another.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I suppose the difference is that the position isn't payed, and laying them off would mean that if the person ever returns, that means one less hand to help out.

It's like any volunteer job you sign up for: if you can't make it then they scratch you off the list. Besides, if they return they could just ask for it back. I'm sure they've done that in the past, even though it's probably a mistake because they're likely to disappear again.

They shouldn't have to rely on those certain few either. They should worry about looking for replacements. They can't say that NOBODY fits their requirements either. Sure there are a few people that are rough around the edges, but they still fit. Instead of looking for the PERFECT candidates, they should look for people good enough and make those edges less rough.
Don't they do that at most jobs already? Have the vets teach you how to work, or courses to teach you.

It's an inconvenience to have them show up on the list but they don't actually use the site. Think of it as a company you call for help: it shows the phone numbers of people you can request help from, but they never pick up, making them useless.
MrWalker isn't inactive, is he?

He hasn't shown any site activity in months.

Also, this isn't important, but it's not "Mr". MRW are his initials.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

We can't recommend anyone to be a Mod. We just have to let the Admins choose.

Do you guys think we need a Mod?

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

We can't recommend anyone to be a Mod. We just have to let the Admins choose.

The admins don't just choose, the mods kind of pick and get it approved by the admins.

I've voiced my thing on recommendation over in the AG3 forum as i think it's something we can do, but i think it was GoM who pointed out that everyone would just be recommending their friends. I think recommendations should be considered though.

Do we need a Mod? Well we have them, there's still a few active ones but over in the mod thread the "stress" of things was mentioned, i think for moderators benefit there should be one+ to help out.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Mod rhymes with God. And that's how they're treated on AG. Like mini deities. Baw.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

MrWalker
Asherlee
Zophia
Strop

All four of those moderators have Formspring accounts. They may no longer use them frequently but they might be more likely to respond to you there.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Not necessarily. But we do need a community manager. We need somebody to keep us updated and be the 'leader'.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Not necessarily. But we do need a community manager. We need somebody to keep us updated and be the 'leader'.

There is no doubt that this community needs a strong leader, and the general consensus of the admins is that it must be someone on their payroll. The main problem, as usual, is that we can't get the admins to budge on this subject despite us having successful and popular community managers in the past.

It's a long shot (but possible) that, since her admin powers have not been revoked after years of inactivity, Carlie may come back at some point to manage the community. I don't see why she would since she's been gone for so long, but it's still possible since there was no formal resignation and she's still technically an admin.

Has anyone attempted to contact her since she disappeared? There are other sites where she can probably be reached.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Has anyone attempted to contact her since she disappeared? There are other sites where she can probably be reached.

Try to talk to John in Twitter. It will be easier, but still hard to reach him.

Maybe the Admins are hiding something from us that there already is a CM!!! I declare a conspiracy! XD (jk)
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Try to talk to John in Twitter. It will be easier, but still hard to reach him.

Have you tried to talk to him yet? You may have more luck getting ahold of Carlie on Twitter, or on a different site such as Google+ or Facebook.

Maybe the Admins are hiding something from us that there already is a CM!!!

What difference would it make if there was a hidden community manager?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

None of the admins seem to use their FB much. At least they don't post much(aka a few years for most).

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

What difference would it make if there was a hidden community manager?

Exactly, if we had one, we'd need one right in the middle of things.
Showing 31-45 of 60