ForumsThe TavernPrologue: ModofFame

60 9025
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I am going to make a "ModofFame" for all the Moderators who worked as hard as they could to make the Armor Games community better. I will interview all the Mods (including old ones) and if not, I will interview people to answer my questions.

Moderators interviewed so far:

-Cenere
-Gantic

Gantic gave me a list of the Moderators:

Asherlee
Calm
Carlie
Cenere
dank
Devoidless
DragonMistress
Estel
Flipski
Freakenstein
Gantic
Moegreche
MRWalker82
NoNameC68
Strop
ubertuna
Zophia

Are there any more Moderators I need to add to the list?

• 60 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Exactly, if we had one, we'd need one right in the middle of things

And the people talking about this are some of those that seem to be perfect for the job...
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

And the people talking about this are some of those that seem to be perfect for the job...

Tell that to the Admins not us...
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Except they would not choose somebody who had no experience as a site moderator. It would probably be someone like Gantic who has been active here as a moderator for a good long while already.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Except they would not choose somebody who had no experience as a site moderator. It would probably be someone like Gantic who has been active here as a moderator for a good long while already.

The admins have said that they will not turn a mod into a community manager. The community manager will have to be either a new or existing employee of AG.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Apparently, nobody here can even be trusted with moderator powers, so giving any regular user the additional power to permanently ban anyone at any time is completely out of the question.

It would probably be someone like Gantic who has been active here as a moderator for a good long while already.

He's not on the AG payroll, so he can't be trusted.

- Admin Logic

The admins have said that they will not turn a mod into a community manager. The community manager will have to be either a new or existing employee of AG.

This is why nothing has been done in the way of finding a competent community manager. The AG staff is not willing to hire somebody for the sole purpose of managing the community, which is more than strange, seeing how they have about 7 or 8 guys who don't appear to be doing anything.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

We seriously need a new Community Manager.

Once AG3 will come out, there is a chance that it's popularity will rise and more users will come. If that happens we need a CM to keep track of the forums and make the new rules.

I think there is a CM already, but the Admins never announced it. They might be planning to keep this a secret.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

We seriously need a new Community Manager.

There is no doubt in anyone's mind, with the exception of the admins, that this community needs a new manager.

Once AG3 will come out

*If

If that happens we need a CM to keep track of the forums and make the new rules.

We'll need one then and we need one now. AG3 is no excuse to wait, since if it ever does get released, it will be a very long time and there's no good reason to wait that long.

I think there is a CM already, but the Admins never announced it.

Officially, Justin Royster (jroyster22) is the community manager. However, we see him about as often as we see jackalopes, so the common opinion is that he needs to be replaced.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I think there is a CM already, but the Admins never announced it. They might be planning to keep this a secret.

There's no point in keeping it a secret.
Once AG3 will come out

*If

It will come out. I know that they haven't updated us except for telling us that they're shutting down beta.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I know that they haven't updated us except for telling us that they're shutting down beta

How long did they have the beta for? I remember they had the beta out for some time before I went on my pangtongshu hiatus (which included AG activity)..which was well over a year ago.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

Man, I can't continue this project.

My activity shut down the past 2 weeks and it's because of school and the numerous clubs I joined.

Feel free to carry on my work.

(I already interviewed Cenere and Gantic. Ask me for their answers and questions.)

Thank you.

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I have not yet received any insight on any background information on any of the Moderators yet. It seems no one takes this seriously.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

i guess not.

Showing 46-57 of 60