ForumsThe TavernPrologue: ModofFame

60 9026
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

I am going to make a "ModofFame" for all the Moderators who worked as hard as they could to make the Armor Games community better. I will interview all the Mods (including old ones) and if not, I will interview people to answer my questions.

Moderators interviewed so far:

-Cenere
-Gantic

Gantic gave me a list of the Moderators:

Asherlee
Calm
Carlie
Cenere
dank
Devoidless
DragonMistress
Estel
Flipski
Freakenstein
Gantic
Moegreche
MRWalker82
NoNameC68
Strop
ubertuna
Zophia

Are there any more Moderators I need to add to the list?

• 60 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I want a specific answer.

It doesn't get anymore specific than that. When you ask general questions, expect general answers.

Such as "Reason why you became a mod?", they obviously wanted to help maintain the site. There's nothing specific about it, just like with your other questions.
I also want to ask them what fun experiences they had and what horrible experiences they had.

Then ask them about this instead of asking general questions with obvious answers that you can answer on your own. But I still don't understand why we should know about it.
I need a secondary source to answer my questions since most of them aren't active.

How do you expect us to know when we weren't around when most of the mods were? Ask people that have had an account from 08 and know those users.
I really want to make this thread for obvious reasons I stated in the OP.

There is no clear reason stated in the OP. What I gathered from it is that you just want to make a thread with their responses. I don't see a purpose.
I'm assuming only the Admins know most of them pretty well

They're not active within the community, so no, they probably don't know.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I don't think I did play a role. You gotta ask someone else about that. I just did what I had to do with varied degrees of success.

I think Cenere may have been the first to use the locked thread [tags], but you'll have to double check with him on that.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

You want to interview Carlie? She's John's wife so ask him.

Calm, Moe and Walker are still around, just not now.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Back when they were first modding though, things seemed a little more light-hearted than they do now. Like obviously spamming and trolling wasn't tolerated, but it wasn't so strict here - I guess they learned from their mistakes which is why more threads started getting locked etc over the years.

They haven't appointed a new mod since Frank, right?

Out of curiosity, do you think should someone be allowed mod status if they've been inactive for over a year and have their comments closed?

As for knowing the mods, the only two I talk to properly on/off AG are Frank and Devon.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

dank

I only saw him mostly in the programming help section. Didn't see him much outside of it.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

It's either that or hacking her account to post a comment, which she (and AG) probably wouldn't be very happy about. And as far as I'm aware, John isn't very involved with his community, not to mention him being busy with AG3 and all. I doubt Carlie would be easy to reach, and no one knows if she would even be interested.

You could always try John on twitter.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Out of curiosity, do you think should someone be allowed mod status if they've been inactive for over a year and have their comments closed?

They're already mods... what good would it do to remove them? You'd just end up with fewer mods. =/
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

They haven't appointed a new mod since Frank, right?

No.

Better to contact them out of AG if you can.

I heard Stroppy was going to retire butttttt I'm not sure if I was sober when I heard that. So yeah.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

They're already mods... what good would it do to remove them? You'd just end up with fewer mods. =/

Well, this:
Well, there's not much point to have them as mod if they don't even visit anymore. Plus, if you have fewer mods, that gives the AG staff notification that they should probably look toward adding an actually active mod.

I mean, not in a harsh way in the slightest. I think fair play to all the mods on this site, they've all done an amazing job. I just think that the ones who are not on the site anymore at all could be replaced, mainly with the launch of AG3.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I need you guys (replacement for inactive Mods) to answer my questions about the Mods.

If they are inactive, then they don't belong on the mod of fame list in my eyes.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

They're already mods... what good would it do to remove them?

If people can't perform their duties, they should be let go. You wouldn't expect a manager to keep an employee that suddenly disappears for a year, would you? Or keep someone on a job if they only work once or twice a month. You replace them.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I heard Stroppy was going to retire butttttt I'm not sure if I was sober when I heard that.

Stroppy will retire when WoM is finished. So at the rate that is going, never! But probably near the end of this year to be honest.
shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

If Strop is going to retire, then a new Mod must come into play. *Identity remains uncertain*

I think they should add more Mods since 4 of them are inactive. -.-

MrWalker
Asherlee
Zophia
Strop

Seriously, ever since I made this account, they weren't active. That is almost a year of inactivity.(Inactivity in the forums. Not so sure about cleaning spam.)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

then a new Mod must come into play.

That's not how it works. People still have to fit the requirements, and it's not like all the slots are filled. There's no number to how many mods there can be.
MrWalker
Asherlee
Zophia
Strop

Zophia occasionally responds to comments and Strop posts in the AMW a few times a month.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Strop is the most active of the group but he has doctor stuff to do. I have talked to Zoph but she isn't on much. Seen MRWalker around but not recently, he is busy with family. No idea on Asher though.

You have to remember that the mods are older then most of the people on this site and have lives.

Showing 16-30 of 60