ForumsThe TavernI am a boring pile of garbage

37 6411
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Like 28374982927% of the universe's population, (if that made sense) I like things that are interesting, and, if you are a fully cognitive organism, you do as well.

The title was interesting, wasn't it? Or maybe you were interested in a new thread. Perhaps you saw my name and thought, "OH MAH GOSH! SAL MADE A THREAD! I MUST READ IT!" No matter the reason you had for clicking the thread, it all comes down to good old-fashioned interest.

I'm doing a little market research over a mass population for, well, some madman experiments, to be honest. Actually, no. I just want to hear, in all its general-ness, what you think is awesome, cool, and interesting.

No, I'm not evil.

• 37 Replies
Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

I think listening to Nyan cat for 18 hours straight without peeing or pooping is interesting o.o

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Bodybuilding and powerlifting is, for the most part, all I look forward to in my day. There are other things I think are awesome/cool/interesting like movies, series, games, music, etc, but bodybuilding and powerlifting gives me time to sculpt my body, release stress, and overall better myself. I'm there by myself or with my spotter/trainer and I think it's when I'm most focused, this is something that really matters to me. I know what I want to achieve and how to get there, but it will take a lot of patience, effort, and dedication.

I also watch videos regarding bodybuilding and powerlifting because I think it's interesting to see how they go about it. What they're doing, how they're doing it, seeing their physiques and strength. It's art.

Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

Bodybuilding and powerlifting is, for the most part, all I look forward to in my day. There are other things I think are awesome/cool/interesting like movies, series, games, music, etc, but bodybuilding and powerlifting gives me time to sculpt my body, release stress, and overall better myself. I'm there by myself or with my spotter/trainer and I think it's when I'm most focused, this is something that really matters to me. I know what I want to achieve and how to get there, but it will take a lot of patience, effort, and dedication.

I also watch videos regarding bodybuilding and powerlifting because I think it's interesting to see how they go about it. What they're doing, how they're doing it, seeing their physiques and strength. It's art.

I can't stand to work out, mostly because I have bad shoulders so any traditional "workouts feel like my bones are grinding together. I'm still one of the strongest people in my school though because I build muscle by doing tasks like splitting wood.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Like 28374982927% of the universe's population

I'm going to be **** and say no, that did not make sense, unless you believe in multiverses, in which case you cited (2.84*10^9)8 universes. Holy cactus, that's a lot of sentient life forms.

/geek

For what I can understand, I enjoy learning what comes out of recent advances from physics and chemistry. If I'm alone, I dabble in culinary arts, which is mostly "sprinkle this in this and hope it tastes good".

Bodybuilding and powerlifting is, for the most part, all I look forward to in my day.

This is almost a secondary necessity to a social life on campus, let alone being interesting! I like how we have a rec center right next to the science building, so all the science geeks who even care to try it out become stronger by the time they get their degree.

I build muscle by doing tasks like splitting wood.

Which primarily puts stress on the shoulders.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I'm going to be **** and say no, that did not make sense, unless you believe in multiverses, in which case you cited (2.84*10^9)8 universes. Holy cactus, that's a lot of sentient life forms.

That is only if you're assuming that each universe contains an equal number of sentient life forms to this one, or if you're assuming that only those universes contain sentient life forms who like interesting things, each with 100% of their populations liking interesting things.
Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

I build muscle by doing tasks like splitting wood.
[quote]Which primarily puts stress on the shoulders.

My shoulders can handle centripetal force from splitting wood hundreds of times better than pressure from trying to bench press something. It isn't the force on them, it's how it's applied.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

My shoulders can handle centripetal force from splitting wood hundreds of times better than pressure from trying to bench press something. It isn't the force on them, it's how it's applied.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but wouldn't splitting wood require work to be done to the ax and nothing else?

Also, the reason why it's harder to bench press something is because you're not only handling the weight to make it move in one direction, you're also handling the negative weight that's pressing against you. In simpler terms, imagine doing, say, bicep curls. Swinging the ax would only only be doing the part of the curl where you lift up, while benching would be doing both the part where you lift the weight up and lower it down.

I hope you understand; I know that was confusing.

That percentage sign actually wasn't supposed to be there. I meant to say that number with the addition of 5. I accidental held shift when I hit 5 and didn't catch it. I also forgot to put in &quoteople" after the number. I was thinking of every living thing; not just sentient life forms.

Oh, and to be completely off-topic, trees aren't sentient, yet they have interest in air. I wonder who will challenge me and explain why this isn't true.
Alpha791
Alpha791
3,896 posts
Peasant

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but wouldn't splitting wood require work to be done to the ax and nothing else?

..No? Your muscles propel the ax, which is now moving away from your body but the anchor point is your shoulders which receive most of this force and make the ax arc. Simple really.

Also, the reason why it's harder to bench press something is because you're not only handling the weight to make it move in one direction, you're also handling the negative weight that's pressing against you. In simpler terms, imagine doing, say, bicep curls. Swinging the ax would only only be doing the part of the curl where you lift up, while benching would be doing both the part where you lift the weight up and lower it down.

I know, my shoulders can't handle the constant pressure. I must have misshapen sockets or something. Honestly, I don't know.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

..No? Your muscles propel the ax, which is now moving away from your body but the anchor point is your shoulders which receive most of this force and make the ax arc. Simple really.

No, you didn't understand. Your applying force to the ax, not the wood. I didn't say your shoulders weren't working.

I know, my shoulders can't handle the constant pressure. I must have misshapen sockets or something. Honestly, I don't know.

Ok. I thought you were saying benching was only hard because you were pressing weight against them, and that's why benching was harder. Even if you meant that, it would've still been understandable to have been wrong. I didn't know you had a medical condition.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Learning is awesome, making new connections in my brain is awesome, having imagination and using it to create is awesome! Walking outside or riding my bike when the weather is perfect is awesome! Finding awesome stuff is awesome! When my GF agree to do kinky stuff is awesome! xD
I can't help it, I'm a happy person, except when I talk about politics because I become a jerk and that's not awesome.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

no, i am not evil

well, its hard to say. this forum is supposed, according to you, to be interesting. but, based on your intro, i am guessing 90% of responses are going to be based on it. thats a fact, i read them.

--judgment LIKES PIE
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

Write this down:

I Spaz, like to listen to music (I prefer Punk,hardcore etc.)

and I like the subject of history.

I also enjoy programming.

I play the drums.

Running and cycling interests me.

THE END.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

well, its hard to say. this forum is supposed, according to you, to be interesting. but, based on your intro, i am guessing 90% of responses are going to be based on it. thats a fact, i read them.

I don't follow. Are you saying people's responses are about my OP and aren't on-topic? If so, I disagree. I won't give you the lowdown on that unless you want it.
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

trees are not interested in air, it just goes in the stomatas and can not be stopped. a tree doesnt even know what its doing. i also clicked on accident but i am interested now.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

trees are not interested in air, it just goes in the stomatas and can not be stopped. a tree doesnt even know what its doing.

-Hands cookie to skydragon-

I never understand that until 9th grade, Lol.
Showing 1-15 of 37