ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684167
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Just to stray away from posts, i learned one of my best friends is gay.

And i dont care!! Hes awesome, and he doesnt let anyone tell him otherwise!! YAY to gays!

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

I haven't been here since before MMOs showed up and I am the user with the most posts? April 17, 2012. 2 years, 7 months, 17 days. Wow, I didn't realize I've been gone for so long. Well, goodbye again everybody.
Oh, and I learned that I have very mild scoliosis today. On a brighter note, I also got two prescriptions to treat my severe back pain—caused by an accident a year and a half ago.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

I learned something that I should have learned year and years ago. That 'necro' refers to necromancy...In the past I had thought of the latin word 'necro' which means "I kill" so I was pretty confused. It all makes sense now. The world is much clearer place.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Apparently there's an anime about Jackie Chan.

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

I learned that my parents are going to pay me for high grades on my GCSEs (Final Exams)
And I also learned that feelings are overrated and suck and don't do any good for you.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

So, I learned something interesting, on how to eat chicken properly.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

And I also learned that feelings are overrated and suck and don't do any good for you.

They keep you becoming a cold hard rock. Quite worth it in the long run.

I learned that car battery terminals have little caps on them. It makes it quite frustrating when you don't know it... Especially when they are black, and you don't have a flashlight. Quite the lesson!

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Today I learned that I can take an independent study at school about systematic theology.

I also learned that Im getting promoted at work!!

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I also learned that Im getting promoted at work!!

Whoah! Quite exciting indeed. What job do you have by chance? (Like title, E.G. Retail clerk? Don't say where you work XD.)

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Im being promoted from Dishwasher to Chef at a fancy restaurant.
Should get me some more cash for college!!

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that I participated and successfully helped count to 100.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that Legend hit 3000 posts. Congrats!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned this. Many of AG users might have the chance to participate.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/12/coding-is-cool-as-white-house-unveils-computer-science-school-initiative/
I wish I were 13 yo!

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Today I learned that I currently hold the 19,518th place on the hero board. I feel oddly underachieving.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Today I learned that I shouldn't procrastinate when it comes to school projects.
:P

Showing 1741-1755 of 2124