ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684674
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that there is another person with my armatar, making the total 4 that I know of.

Me, @DAPRO2, @Cairnsification and the new one, @HsuJas000

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that laptop touch pads can accidentally cause you to highlight all of your text in a post. Pressing the 'f' key has never been so disastrous.

I learned that there is another person with my armatar

And what a beautifully drawn armatar it is. Don't forget about @DaRkNe5s.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I've heard about people having seizures while playing certain kind of video games but this is insane.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nintendonitis-the-secret-dangers-of-video-games/

Next time we'll hear about a guy falling out of his windows and die from playing tennis on his Wii. pen_mouth:

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that I added @SirLegendary as a friend sometime in 2010. I don't even remember most of the people on my friends list, but it's okay because they've probably long since forgotten about me as well.

I also learned that internet journalists have a ways to go when it comes to wordplay. From SSTG's article,

All children were so engrossed in 'Super Mario Bros.' that they ignored their urge to go to the toilet.

But no mention of anyone going Wii in their pants. What a wasted opportunity.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Ernie15 doooooh, I haven't forgotten you buddy! Though I don't know why you weren't on my friends list, nevertheless, I added you

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

Honestly, I haven't learned much today.

tofei
tofei
2 posts
Shepherd

Absolutely nothing. XD

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that there's a Gemcraft thread on its sixth page in which about 77% of the posts as of now are made by users with red shield armatars.

Just look at the first page.

thesakew
thesakew
203 posts
Jester

A sentence in french.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that I have made enough comments on this site to have reached Gold King twice from comments alone. Kids, if you think your life isn't going anywhere...

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I learned that I have finally reached ten thousand AP, if the system were still in tact.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

This product exists, and the video advertisement, which I advise you watch for your own amusement, on the website says the word "toilet" 13 times in two minutes. The next ShamWow?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that @Minotaur55 was created in Cuba.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I learned that when Mino says "from" he means "from".

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that @Minotaur55 was created in Cuba.

Today I learned I was created.

I learned that when Mino says "from" he means "from".

Clancy you're not helping me be a non-condescending person.

Showing 1771-1785 of 2124