ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 685543
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I learned that i had roundabout 25GB more space on my disk now... by deleting old system restore points and shadow copys.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Being happy alone makes being happy with a partner even better. You have to learn to love who you are as a singular being before loving someone else. Insecurities are never good for a relationship.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Sneaky Dee's, the indie tex-mex bar featured in Scott Pilgrim volume 4 is a real place, and the band PUP's logo was inspired by graffiti in the men's toilet there.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
532 posts
Peasant

Today, I learned how to tattoo! Any volunteers?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,782 posts
Chamberlain

I finally learned the name to a song! I've heard Turkish March several times several times over the last 3 years and I've never been able to find what it's called until today.

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

I learned from a song then google, that cashew nuts come from a fruit. They grow beneath a fruit called a cashew apple.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that there is still no fix to the forums...

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned that Bostick is an idiot who would cost the Packers a chance in the Super Bowl by trying to show off. I also learned that Audi needs a new ad agency.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that the Seahawks came back to win... after it was 16-0 at halftime I turned off the TV and thought the Packers had it in the bag, but I guess not. 4 turnovers by Wilson in the 1st half and you still lose? smh Packers...

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I learned that @apldeap123 is named after a rapper.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned from a song

Was it the Viral Song? I bet it was the Viral Song.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that I'm totally terrible at taking pictures, they always end up bad...

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

I learned today that most humans don't believe in Pegasus *cries*

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I learned that everyone here listens to pre-21st century music, and mostly rock and metal.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

i learned the Rise Against group on facebook is REALLY good at making puns with song titles.... and i started it.

Showing 1801-1815 of 2124