ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 684638
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Apparently we did a great job at whatever performance yesterday, and the kids were inspired by our advice. I really hope they're not inspired by my advice... it probably wouldn't end well. Then again, since it was a school for stringed instruments (aka viola, violin, cello and that's it), my advice was irrelevant. So was the harpist's. Nobody needs a piano player at the stringy school. *sulks in the corner*

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that they killed another girl I liked in Banshee!
Don't you touch a hair on Lilly Simmons' head or down below or I'll become another violent character in the series and beat up everybody.

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I learned i settle into a very deep, very dark depression when i am not in the pool for 2 days in a row. It scares my friends. Scares me. I mean, 2 days away and i want to be done with everything? Does water really mean that much to me? Wow... just realized that. I hate weekends. No pool

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I started reading up on Critical Thinking again, I took it last sem, but I regret not taking it 100% seriously.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that the only reason my mom would care if I killed myself is that she's invested some money in me, and she's not about to let it go to waste.

Before you freak out, I'm not planning on killing myself, but we ended up having a...loud conversation earlier. In which we yelled. Threats were made. I think the neighbors are worrying right now.

Carnas
Carnas
23 posts
Treasurer

I learned that some people will never change and will exaggerate the one time you mentioned one thing as if you talk about it all the time. Then these same people will find out your real name and post it publicly.

This is why I like AG. No one pulls that garbage here.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that I have tons of youtube videos to catch up on.

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned that I can leave twenty minutes late and encounter heavy traffic and still only be three minutes late to class, which is only about eight minutes later than usual. I don't know how that happened. I just don't.

BladeDragon2
BladeDragon2
13 posts
Blacksmith

I learned most of the things you guys did just now. Only because I read the comments haha. But I learned that reading all and I mean ALL the comments takes along time. I didn't read all the comments Im just saying that. LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

I learned that when making a polar plot in MATLAB, you have to input theta in radians...which makes sense. I'm lame for not realizing it sooner.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Today I learned that a person you've known a long time can have a hidden side which you never knew about up till now... stuff that can ruin a friendship... being honest works on the long term, going behind someone's back crashes eventually... head on!

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

That people view the color of a dress more important than the death of a famous actor.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

That people view the color of a dress more important than the death of a famous actor.

A lot of people will remember Leonard Nimoy because he was the original Spock and it's also for his interpretation of the character that people love Mr. Spock.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

According to someone I haven't talked to for a while, male echidnas have weirdly shaped genitals. Of course, I'm not going to search this to verify it, since I don't want to look at echidna genitals.

Showing 1831-1845 of 2124