ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682518
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that bacon-wrapped lobster exists, partly thanks to Mino... =)

Now I just wish I knew where to find it...

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that bacon-wrapped lobster exists, partly thanks to Mino... =)

Your welcome! I didn't know this so hey, I learned many new things today! I learned that Bacon Wrapped Lobster exists to. Look at this wonderful mouth-gasm!

http://www.phantomgourmet.com/apc_uploads/1/restaurant_images/phantomImage2247-original.jpg
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Here's an interesting one: I learned that I have a three-inch-long scar on my right elbow. You'd think I would have noticed something like that by now, because I remember having a cut there but I know it was a number of years ago.

I guess I just don't look at my arms enough these days.

skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

i learned that food pictures make me drool.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Too watch out (While driving) for police officers that are at the bottom of downhill areas waiting to catch you speeding.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I learned that I have a three-inch-long scar on my right elbow.

Elbowing yourself into a better position there Ernie?! Heheh... =P

Today I learned that "Murphy's Law" always applies...

You walk around with a tray full of drinks and you always try to avoid it... but somehow there's always a dork that wants to tell his table guests a story by using his arms causing your tray to be hurled through the restaurant... *facepalms*

Let's give that floorcloth a proper workout... =/
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

*to

I learnt that if you say the word learnt, burnt and words of that nature people get really annoyed at you because of the way you say things on the internet.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Too watch out (While driving) for police officers that are at the bottom of downhill areas waiting to catch you speeding.

I learned a similar thing today while playing Burrito Bison. No matter how fast you think you're going, you hit one cop and that speed is gone.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I heard THE loudest car I have ever heard in my life drive by... it was louder than any motorcycle I had ever heard! I didn't know before today that cars could even get that loud!

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Today I learned how to make alcohol!!! =) It is easy as hell! Just water, sugar, and yeast! Now I have a fuel source for my rocket experiments. Thank God for the internet!!!!

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Today I learned that "Murphy's Law" always applies...

I know what you mean. I was having a nice dinner with my associates, and I was trying to tell them a story about a really big fish I caught, when all of a sudden this very uncoordinated waiter comes out of nowhere and gets his tray in the way of one my hand gestures. Needless to say, that's the last time I go to the Netherlands for dinner.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned most English-speaking people pronounce "our" with 1 syllable, where as most Iowans pronounce it with 2 syllables. I guess that's another word to add to ow-er accent list.

We also say "zinc" instead of "sink," and "warsh" instead of "wash."

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Lol Ernie, that's nothing... I was trying to have dinner in some second-rate restaurant and all of a sudden a tray filled with drinks flies towards me and drenches my favorite t-shirt! I learned never to go back there again!

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that no matter how hard you drill something into someone, they can always find a way to disprove you.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned you can't make your hair grow just by telling it to grow.

Showing 61-75 of 2124