ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682859
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned from reading through that thread on Slender Man who Slender Man is, though I still haven't learned why people are making such a big deal about him these days! =P

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I know what you mean. I was having a nice dinner with my associates, and I was trying to tell them a story about a really big fish I caught, when all of a sudden this very uncoordinated waiter comes out of nowhere and gets his tray in the way of one my hand gestures. Needless to say, that's the last time I go to the Netherlands for dinner.

Wait... so that was you playing the annoying "Mr. I'm a customer and a customer's always right, so when a customer feels like knocking over a tray, a customer is allowed to do that whenever the customer sees fit!" -customer?! (o.O)
Had I known that, I would have accidentally dropped a live shrimp down your shirt... "oohh sir... I'm SO sorry that happened! Please forgive me!" *grin*

Lol Ernie, that's nothing... I was trying to have dinner in some second-rate restaurant and all of a sudden a tray filled with drinks flies towards me and drenches my favorite t-shirt! I learned never to go back there again!

Thanx guys... =P

I learned from reading through that thread on Slender Man who Slender Man is, though I still haven't learned why people are making such a big deal about him these days! =P

Maybe that's because everyone is 'well sized' nowadays and he is... yah... exactly! =)

What I learned today?

I wrote something in big caps allover my fridge's door as I missed yet another appointment this morning, it says... "CHECK YOUR CALENDAR!!!" ...so people, always check your calendar up to the point where it becomes a neurotic twitch to have the need to look in it every other minute. =)
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that I hate the Red Bull team in F1, no, wait, I hated it before that!

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that I hate Red Bull. It tastes awful and it doesn't give me energy, it is poison water!!!!

I learned that I hate the Red Bull team in F1, no, wait, I hated it before that!

Huh, I learned 2 new things today. I learned that I don't like the Red Bull F1 team either.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that the Russians strapped dogs with explosives and blew them up remotely when they got close to the German tanks during the battle of Stalingrad. :O

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

so people, always check your calendar up to the point where it becomes a neurotic twitch to have the need to look in it every other minute.

I learned that there are still people in the world who use actual physical calendars. xD
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I learned that there are still people in the world who use actual physical calendars. xD

Not me, I use the calendar on my computer and I don't even wear a watch because I use my cellphone for that.
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned that parsley loses its scent after a few days of being left out.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned what it feels like when paprika finds its way into an open wound. Not as painful as you'd think, but still not something I'd recommend to anyone.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Oh, I learned another thing today! I learned that fermenting alcohol sticks really bad! It almost made my sister pass out.... good stuff.

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I learned that there is a little green dot on my profile that indicates that I'm online. That red dot has been dormant for years. What made the admins decide to change things so late in the game?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What made the admins decide to change things so late in the game?

Complaints to boppins.

I learned the na'vi were ripped off even before their planet was invaded.
Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

Complaints to boppins.

Not a complaint, just wondering why they decided to bring it back now and not,say, two years ago.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Not a complaint, just wondering why they decided to bring it back now and not,say, two years ago.

No, I mean boppins fixed it after he got a bunch of complaints.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

No, I mean boppins fixed it after he got a bunch of complaints.

Oh, I thought he fixed it cause he wanted it working. Huh, I need to keep up on the news on AG.

I learned that I like the older Heavy Metal songs a bit more then the newer version. Makes sense, most older things are better.
Showing 76-90 of 2124