ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682533
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned something very scary today. I learned that I am from Welsh descent. O.O I'm a black Welshman.... interesting concept. XD Now I have a whole new set of questions for myself. >.>

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned to never look straight at one of those Steelix-type beasts in Knightmare Tower. Those dudes are creepy.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I'm surprised I didn't know this before, but today I learned that Jewish people fast on Yom Kippur. I also learned that today was Yom Kippur, and that it's the most important day in the Jewish year.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I learned something very scary today. I learned that I am from Welsh descent.

Lol, why is that scary? xD

I learned today that it's possible to catch a dodgeball under your chin no matter how fast it's going! Since headshots get the thrower out, I only aim as high as the bottom of the neck... but now I see even that can be a dangerous tactic! =P
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

I learned today that if you annoy a 15 pound cat, it jumps on you at 3:00 in the morning. =P

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I actually re-learned that when you wake up from taking a nap in the middle of the day, you forget what day it is and you think its the morning of the next day; so when you look at the clock and it says 5:15 in the afternoon, you get a min-sensation of horror of sleeping through an entire work day before you realize that you've only been asleep for three hours.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I learned that human entrails are fatty and extremely difficult to dig through

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I learned that human entrails are fatty and extremely difficult to dig through

How did you go about learning that?
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

Because for the last few days I've had to dissect and identify nerves, arteries, and other structures in the abdominal cavity of my cadaver. You get used to the formaldehyde smell...... Eventually

KingOfAthlum
KingOfAthlum
120 posts
Nomad

I learned today that using a row boat as a submarine to walk on the ocean floor is a myth. Thank you MythBusters!!!!

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I learned Descarte's Rule of signs.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

had a grade 9/12 activity day and learned that grade 12 can't stop swearing (like every third sentence!)

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Running away when someone asks you a question you don't want to answer wont solve anything.

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I learned that 4 billion pounds of human waste enters our water every day. I also learned that 2 million children die from diarrhea after drinking polluted water.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I learned how hard it is to kill all parts of King T in Nightmare Tower when you aren't even given the option to summon him most of the time.

Showing 31-45 of 2124