ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 682917
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned I'm #1 in comments. For the moment, anyway.

Either way, not really something to be proud of.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I learned that removal of facial hair and a year of aging can make it so you can't recognize your uncle.

~~~Darth Caedus

ShadowArchon
ShadowArchon
154 posts
Shepherd

I learned that if you're teaching a young child English, they will easily get distracted and hit you over the head with a cushion. Long story.

Jumpper
Jumpper
196 posts
Nomad

i learned today that if its nice in arizona enjoy it for it won't stay long

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I learned that the Pitcairn Islands have a population of 67. I also learned that Western Sahara is a non self-governing territory.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned Eminem was the most popular artist during the 2000 decade.

fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

i learned that im not a ____ bag

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned Eminem was the most popular artist during the 2000 decade.

I learned he was the most popular artist in the 2000 decade when I lived in the 2000 decade.

Oh and I learned today how to make the best cheeseburger ever!!!
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I learned how to peel a banana easily if I don't have a knife around. Why I didn't know that when I was at school? Things would've been much easier...

redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I learned I should not procrastinate. I also learned that you should always look forward while you are running, not backwards.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I learned that staying with my dad at the school he works at is boring.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I learned that smart phones at times can act stupid.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I seem to be the only one that posts here now... well, anyways, I did learn something new today. I learned how to perfect Distillation. It was a beautiful hour.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

*looks at the updated AG* i learned that my parents were right, there is a santa. although i'm not entirely sure if he's good or evil yet

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

i learned that my parents were right, there is a santa. although i'm not entirely sure if he's good or evil yet

He's evil, and you're dyslexic. His name is actually "Satan".

I learned that Ghiradelli caramel squares come in four varieties, not one as I had previously believed. Milk chocolate caramel, dark chocolate caramel, vanilla caramel and caramel latte; for all I know, there may be other caramel flavors I'm not yet aware of.
Showing 106-120 of 2124