ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 683805
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that the Great Wall of China opened in 206 B.C, and Kublai Khan was a grandson of Genghis.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that I can do, if I may say so myself, a pretty good rendition of Tay Zonday singing Chocolate Rain. I recorded myself singing the chorus and even I was impressed by it.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I learned not to run down movie theater stairs in the dark.. it did not end as badly as I thought it would.. xp

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Tay Zonday singing Chocolate Rain

That's a peculiar song (& lyrics), thanks. I gather now it went viral -- something I'd happily missed completely as usual, heheh
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I learned that The Goldbergs are Jewish.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned we have a dog for a moderator, a random coin generator, and some stray cat that keeps triggering my allergies.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I learned that Four Non Blondes is the band that created the tune which He-Man dances to.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Today I learned that Africa has about 10% of the worlds oil.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

The king awarded me with a shiny, metallic trebuchet. I learned that all I had to do was complete 10 easy waves of undead mode to unlock it.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that bacon marmalade exists. If I find this stuff, breakfast will never be the same again.

ShinobiTatsu
ShinobiTatsu
12 posts
Nomad

Nothing. We're doing standarized testing for the next two weeks.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I learned some cool tips for recording & editing music, brought to you by Colin Marston. Also learned that 14 string Warrs existed (thought 12 was the max).

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I learned that the game Tower of Doom is more of a spectator sport than it is a game. I wrote a review on it expressing my concerns as a gamer, despite the fact that I only play flash games to earn quests.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that the dryers at my school are crap and that my cloths are still not dry after 17 hours.

ShinobiTatsu
ShinobiTatsu
12 posts
Nomad

I learned that FL Studio V.11 is out now. The first (and last) trial version I downloaded was v.9, which was 2 years ago.

I miss making my own tracks... ;~;

Showing 1261-1275 of 2124