ForumsThe TavernWhat did you learn today?

2124 683801
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

You learn something new every day, whether or not you realize it right away. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Today I learned the difference between bowler hats, pork pie hats and fedoras. Before today, they were all just fedoras to me. It never occurred to me that all three of these different hat styles had different names.

I also learned that Roseanne is Jewish, and that gummy shot glasses exist.

http://giantgummybears.com/images/products/ShotGlasses-11Flavors.jpg

It doesn't have to be anything life-changing or significant or anything, just something that you learned. So AG, I ask you now, what did you learn today?

• 2,124 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

That my brother is really fascinated that I'm friends with girls... He's 10 and oh so far behind...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that Round 10 has begun in the Custom Castle Contest. Raise your hand if you read this text just now.

Congratulations to @DrElmer and his winning castle.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I learned that someone besides Arm_candy and Theoprastus can win the castle contest. I generated a meme for it.. xp

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,774 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that Facebook is older than Youtube!

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I'm cheating a little bit, I learned this last night. I learned that the person who voices Raiden in the Metal Gear Solid games, (Quinton Flynn) is the same person who voices Axel in Kingdom Hearts.

wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

I learned that I will soon have to write a 6 page paper. Wonderful.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I learned that legendary actor Mickey Rooney died yesterday at the age of 93. Rest in peace, Andy Hardy.

I learned that someone besides Arm_candy and Theoprastus can win the castle contest.

Someone has already forgotten about round 2.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Oh my God, Mickey Rooney died!? Well dang. :|

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,774 posts
Chamberlain

I learned that most movies are shot at 24 fps and that it's been that way since the 20's, pretty stupid considering 30 fps is the minimum to be considered fluid motion.

~Manly

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I learned that 4chan really, really, really, deeply hates Trollface.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that legendary actor Mickey Rooney died yesterday at the age of 93.

I read about that last night. I'm surprised nothing was posted about it until today (yesterday AG time).

I learned that Mickey Rooney's real name was Joseph Yule Jr. I also learned that there's a new "Bug Killer" quest that a couple dozen people have earned already.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Today I learned that I now need size 15 basketball shoes. I just got these basketball shoes that I ordered online:
http://www.fuikaomar.es/2378-7694-large/nike-zoom-hyperfuse-2013-red.jpg

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

I learned that its getting so warm already that leaving a bottle of soda out for less than an hour makes it warm too.. xp

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Some of this stuff I actually learned yesterday.

Yesterday, I learned that I don't have diabetes. Yay. Unfortunately I'll most likely get diabetes in my 30s, 40s, or 50s. Not yay.

Also apparently diabetes runs through my dad's side of the family.

Also if you eat something before a blood test or whatever at the doctor's, it apparently means you're high risk of diabetes. But actually, I wasn't suppose to eat for 8 hours before the blood test. Which I ate a poptart literally 30 minutes before the test.

The blood test happened 2 weeks ago but we didn't know about the eating thing until 2 weeks later at the doctor's.

Also my school band is learning the song Spy Chase.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I learned that legacy comments are being moved into Disqus format as we speak. All of the 17,000+ legacy comments from my messenger have now been Disqustomized*.

I also learned that the Tavern is sky high at the top of the community page, so as long as this thread is at the top of the Tavern page, it's also at the very top of the community.

*I have since trademarked this word, and thus I will receive royalties whenever it is used. You have been warned.

Showing 1276-1290 of 2124