The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 99756
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

note to everyone, Telekinesis is the ability to move stuff with your mind, Telepathy is the ability to communicate with your mind.

If I could breathe underwater, I wouldn't really care, other than the fact that I would no longer have to worry about running out of breath when swimming.

With telekinesis: I would sit around all day, and when ever I needed to move something, I would use my mind.

~~~Darth Caedus

djme
djme
125 posts
Shepherd

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

I would do all the cool things that society shuns today
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, that was a popular one! I'm glad I could find a question that has the power to extract so much imagination! =)

What would you do if you could see and talk to ghosts/spirits of the dead? Assuming of course that said spirits are real... this is all hypothetical and it's not the place to get into that discussion!

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

What would you do if you could see and talk to ghosts/spirits of the dead? Assuming of course that said spirits are real... this is all hypothetical and it's not the place to get into that discussion!

^ I think that this was said already. Well if said, then I think I would talk to one spirit and me and it will destroy the world. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'd be interesting in talking to deceased historical figures, such as U.S. presidents or famous leaders; preferably ones that speak English, because as much as I'd love to have a rousing conversation with Stalin, it would be hard to understand a ghost that only speaks Russian.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

^ I think that this was said already.

I haven't asked that question before if that's what you're saying... I keep pretty good track of what I have and haven't asked. =)
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Ask them what it is like being dead.

~~~Darth Caedus

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

because as much as I'd love to have a rousing conversation with Stalin, it would be hard to understand a ghost that only speaks Russian.

I got so caught up in whether or not I had already asked this question that I guess I missed your post completely! For the sake of this being a hypothetical situation, I'm just going to say that you can speak to any ghost regardless of what language they spoke when they were alive. Does that make it easier?
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I would ask them what would be one thing they think I should make sure I do, and ask then one thing I should make sure I never do. Also, I would ask them what it felt like to die and talk to them about their lives as they look back on them now.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

What would you do if you could see and talk to ghosts/spirits of the dead?

I would ask them what the afterlife is like. That's probably all I'd need to know/want to know
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

You know it's a flop question when two out of the seven replies are from me... xP

I went with the first thing that popped into my head... since I can't think of anything else, I'll use that same method for tonight's situation...

A religious sect suddenly calls upon you to be a high-ranking official in their church. You know quite a lot about this sect and you know that there's nothing dangerous about it, but you don't share the same religious beliefs... however, the position pays very well and most of the work you'll be doing will be non-religious. What would you do?

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

No no no no no. Not doing anything simply for money. Even if I shared the beliefs I would question it. Very few religious officials make much money, so what is going on here that I should be paid well? That is just not something that is going to happen.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Very few religious officials make much money, so what is going on here that I should be paid well?

It's a very well-funded organization because a lot of of the members are quite wealthy... don't worry, all the money in place is there legally!
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

It's a very well-funded organization because a lot of of the members are quite wealthy... don't worry, all the money in place is there legally!

Still going to say no, I don't share the beliefs and have no need for mass amounts of money. Perhaps they can approach me again when I share their beliefs and offer me a reduced rate. I feel like religion with money is cheating anyways.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I would say no, I don't think I should be working for a church that goes against my beliefs, the clash between the religions would make it a horrible place to work.

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 211-225 of 518