ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 96701
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Easy,kill everyone and say that whatever God(s) they were worshipping wanted them to be closer to him(her) So the called upon Killersup to take their lives. Thats if they tried pressing their religion into Killersup.

If they didn't....well lets atleast give it a try before sombody dies...

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I haven't asked that question before if that's what you're saying... I keep pretty good track of what I have and haven't asked. =)

Ah, well then, I must be going insane then.

[quote]A religious sect suddenly calls upon you to be a high-ranking official in their church. You know quite a lot about this sect and you know that there's nothing dangerous about it, but you don't share the same religious beliefs... however, the position pays very well and most of the work you'll be doing will be non-religious. What would you do?[quote]

I do not like people enforcing there religion on me, I have my own "religion" if that is the word to call it. Its more of a "Philosophy". Anyways...

I would decline nicely, then go about my life as if that never happened. If they enforce it on me, I am gonna have to go Bruce Lee on there butt and show them what I think of religion.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Oh my God, I am batting a thousand with this mistake I am making. Sorry, correction.....

A religious sect suddenly calls upon you to be a high-ranking official in their church. You know quite a lot about this sect and you know that there's nothing dangerous about it, but you don't share the same religious beliefs... however, the position pays very well and most of the work you'll be doing will be non-religious. What would you do?

I do not like people enforcing there religion on me, I have my own "religion" if that is the word to call it. Its more of a "Philosophy". Anyways...

I would decline nicely, then go about my life as if that never happened. If they enforce it on me, I am gonna have to go Bruce Lee on there butt and show them what I think of religion.

Fixed it, sorry about that again....
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

It depends on where the money is coming from. If I'm being paid with money collected from people who attend (insert religious institution here) and think that their money is going to (some charity) then I would say no. If I'm being paid with money that's not from the people, then I will take the job. Because I'll get money, it's a job, and I'll get money. I don't care if I believe in it or not. Most of the work is non-religious anyway.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,348 posts
Bard

Honestly, I don't really have any beliefs to begin with, so taking this job would not really conflict with anything. Just because I take a job working for religious people doesn't mean I have to convert to that religion.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I'd take the money. I'm open when it comes to religion, and it sure beats working at Starbucks.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I apologize to all of you that I let this thread go for a few days without an update! Not that you guys care as much as I do, but I still don't like to leave people hanging! =P

If you could change the ending to any book or movie, what book/movie would you change the ending to and what would the new ending be?

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

Movie: Barton Fink. Worst movie I have ever seen in my life, and it had a horrible ending. The very LEAST that could have been done was a better ending.

Book: I don't know, so may books.....I don't know, I could list quite a few.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

If you could change the ending to any book or movie, what book/movie would you change the ending to and what would the new ending be?

So...many...to...choose...from D= I'ma do more than one if you don't mind...
(Romance of the Three Kingdoms I'll let be, though, because it is historic)

-Under the Dome (by Stephen King) -- Leaving the ending ambiguous would have been a much better ending in my opinion. The dome going away somehow...I'd have felt much better about that ending than the one it has now

-Titanic -- Jack lives, like he very easily could have.

-Amityville Horror -- They don't make it out of the house...the dad kills them all

-The Bad Seed -- Ends like how the original play version ends, with the mother dying and the daughter living
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

movie, Titanic, Rose dies Jack lives (she really didn't deserve to live after she jumped off the life boat.

book: Inheritance, Someone else becomes elf ruler and Arya goes with Eragon.

~~~Darth Caedus

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,348 posts
Bard

Am I the only one who saw Looper and felt sorry for Bruce Willis when he *spoiler alert* failed his mission at the end?

I would change the ending of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds so something actually happened at the end. As far as classic movies go, that ending is definitely among the worst.

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

id change the book, where the red fern grows so the dogs live

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

A Clockwork Orange. I'd change it so that Alex would think that he can make a difference and change the kind of person his son will be. It really upset me that Alex wasn't even going to try to stop his son from being a sadistic gang member. He just said that was the way the world works and that he couldn't stop it even if he tried.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Huh... I would have expected that question to be more popular. Maybe today was just a slow day...

If you were given the option to be completely immortal, would you accept the offer? If you did, what would you do with your immortality?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

No, I would not be able to stand seeing the people I know grow old and die while I stay forever young.

~~~Darth Caedus

Showing 226-240 of 518