ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 96700
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

No, it would be horrible watching all of my friends and family die and then make new friends, and they would die again and again and again. Eventually I think it would de-humanize you.Would you not eventually get bored of living forever? I think I would get to the point of "I've tried everything, and now I just want to die". Although it would be nice to see how the world would have progressed and tried to help future generatiosn, it would not be worth it to me.

Also, if the world did end in 2012 then I would be wandering around forever, with nobody else around and I wouldn't really even be able to help future people or anything like that.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I'd be the world's greatest stuntman, but I wouldn't tell people I'm immortal because that would ruin the fun. Would I still age?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

immortality=/=invincibility

being immortal means you are like an elf, you live forever, un-aging, until you are killed by something else (poison, sword, accident)

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

i would go tell everyone to not to go to america on the 11th of september 2001 for a start.

and look out for a hurricane called sandy

Armpit
Armpit
784 posts
Nomad

I have no desire to be immortal. What's the point of living if you can't die? I enjoy my lifestyle as much as the next fat drunk bloke but after a couple more decades it will be old and boring, as will be I.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,348 posts
Bard

What's the point of living if you can't die?

^ This.

If someone told me I was going to live to be 100, I would be very displeased with this discovery. Not that I hate living per se, but it's definitely not something I could handle doing for the rest of eternity.

It took me long enough to accept the fact that I'm going to be alive for the rest of my life.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, new question time... and please do tell me if my questions are starting to run together, because I do tend to revert to similar themes when I don't have a concrete idea in mind! =P

What would you do if you woke up in a present-day society that was exactly like the 1920's? I say present-day because I want to make it clear that it isn't the past, so your actions can't change any historical events.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

yay, prohibition is back, woo hoo.

go to a speakeasy and get drunk, just cause.

in seriousness, freak out because I wouldn't be able to make this post saying what I am going to do.

oh, and you just lost the game.

~~~Darth Caedus

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I would... hmmmm..... I would get one of them crazy automobile thingies.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I would attempt to make a living as a musician so I could experiment with more modern styles and see which ones people prefer.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Since it's Halloween, and so far only three replies have been posted, I'm not going to post a new question this evening because I assume fewer people are online at this time. If there aren't a decent amount of replies by tomorrow, I'll conclude that Halloween was not at fault, but rather I just chose a rotten question that people have no interest in answering. =P

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Since it's Halloween, and so far only three replies have been posted, I'm not going to post a new question this evening because I assume fewer people are online at this time. If there aren't a decent amount of replies by tomorrow, I'll conclude that Halloween was not at fault, but rather I just chose a rotten question that people have no interest in answering. =P

Im here. Im ready to answer random questions and scenarios. I don't really celebrate Halloween, so I am here. As always.... again.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Im here. Im ready to answer random questions and scenarios.

It's great that you're back! If you're truly up for this task, why not answer the most recent question/scenario I posted on the previous page? =)
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,348 posts
Bard

A 1920s society? No, I don't see myself doing anything productive or creative with my time there. I'd just live a 1920s lifestyle and see where it goes. If I really can't stand it, I'll invent the internet and ruin everybody's lives.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'll invent the internet and ruin everybody's lives.

The Ernienet...or Ern-net...eh I could live with it =p

This question kind of confuses me...I wake up in 1920s lifestyle...but it is present time...but the lifestyle...and time is present..and error error error *head begins smoking*

I guess I'd do the same as Ernie..but instead of inventing the interwebs I'd create Scientology...but make it stronger
Showing 241-255 of 518