ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 96331
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

I probably wouldn't.
If every person in the world pushed that button, every person in the world would die, and besides, what's not to say if you pushed that button it would kill you or someone that you knew?
And, besides, if it didn't kill you or someone you knew, any somewhat decent human with a conscience, it would probably kill them mentally.
At least it would me, anyway.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

No, the government would probably be able to track me down given enough resources and time.

...Wait? You're saying you wouldn't do it because 5 million isn't worth a human life? Bah! :P

sorry for double post, but sal, do you know just how much a horse costs?

this much

We own horses already, so...
I'd just like one for myself.
zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Well of course. if it did kill the current Al Qaida leader, and I'd get another 15 millions from FBI.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

So, if I press the button 100 times, I get $100 million?

Thousands of people die every day, something like 37 every second. Adding one to the list wouldn't make too big a difference, except it would make me a rich man.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Yeah I'd press it. I'm not exactly rolling in the dough at the moment working at Starbucks.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

If you could change one law in your country, what law would it be and why?

I promise I'll come up with something more creative within the next week... I've just been very busy and my mind has been in other places.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

To be honest, I don't really know and I'm not too familiar with Irish laws.
The only law I've seen that has bothered me is that abortions are illegal in Ireland even though they have clinics to consult an appointment.

Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

I'd make gay marriage legal across the entire country. There's no good reason why there should be a law against it.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

Personally I think the death penalty is pretty ridiculous in this day and age. I'm not going to get into a discussion about it, but I would get rid of the death penalty everywhere in the country if I had the power to.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

If you were presented with a button that, if pushed, would give the pusher $1 million (or your country's currency equivalent) but it would also cause someone in the world to die, would you press the button?

Would I get to choose who died or at least know who is going to die?
I know this is an old question but I still want to answer it.
If you could change one law in your country, what law would it be and why?

Probably make gay marriage legal. I don't see why people get so up in arms about it. If you believe in hell then let people go there.
Personally I think the death penalty is pretty ridiculous in this day and age.

Well they make it too expensive trying to be all nice and stuff. Just put a piece of lead in their head and call it a day.
tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Well they make it too expensive trying to be all nice and stuff. Just put a piece of lead in their head and call it a day.

Too bad that's considered to be "inhumane". The whole purpose of the death penalty is too give the people who murdered the same to them. Murdering is inhumane, why can't the way we kill them be..
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Too bad that's considered to be "inhumane". The whole purpose of the death penalty is too give the people who murdered the same to them. Murdering is inhumane, why can't the way we kill them be..

I got this guys...

My law - Death penalty initiated in every state...and the person receiving the death penalty is killed the same way they killed their victim(s)
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

This question makes me feel so bad. I was expecting easy-going answers not anything about the death law.

*srs faic* Make pears illegal to eat.

*super srs faic* Learn about pies in maths instead of pi.

*super cereal srs faic* legalize euthanasia

red303
red303
7,572 posts
Shepherd

I say the death penalty should be illegalized and replaced with jail for life.
I also think that people running for office shouldn't have misleading ads or any thing that lies to the public. They should spend their money on more useful stuff.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

I say the death penalty should be illegalized and replaced with jail for life.

and with what are we paying for the costs for the prisoners meals?
Showing 346-360 of 518