ForumsThe TavernHere's The Situation...

518 96219
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

To exercise my creative mind and to help increase activity in this part of the forums, I'm going to ask an open-ended question or give you guys an open-ended situation every day in the hopes that some of you will come up with answers! =)

Kudos to Ernie for this thread idea, and also for giving me the first question...

What would you do if you woke up one morning and it was 1901?

• 518 Replies
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

If you could change the ending to any book or movie, what book/movie would you change the ending to and what would the new ending be?

well i would change the animorphs before i changed it:rachel dies and theres a cliff hanger ending after i change it: rachel lives no cliffhanger jake marries cassie (i would have tobias marry rachel but hes trapped as a bird
VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

If you could change one law in your country, what law would it be and why?

I would legalize prostitution, it is a victim-less crime after all.
red303
red303
7,572 posts
Shepherd

and with what are we paying for the costs for the prisoners meals?

that's a good question but what it comes down to is that though taking a life is terrible, it can't be solved by taking another life. It's exactly like war.

red303
red303
7,572 posts
Shepherd

Wait, how do you put that bar in front of the italics?

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Wait, how do you put that bar in front of the italics?

(quote) text here (/quote)

Change the ( to [

the death penalty should be illegalized and replaced with jail for life.

I'd rather die than spend the rest of my life in a jail unless it is the case in which like doesn't mean my whole life.
Over here the maximum sentence is 16 years, as far as I remember.
And, the second you walk into the prison 1/4 is taken off of your sentence and by good behaviour so is another 1/4, so essentially, every prisoner gets half of their sentence.

what are we paying for the costs for the prisoners meals?

These things called "taxes" that aren't going to increase with one prisoner.
Besides, their meals don't even cost much.
red303
red303
7,572 posts
Shepherd

I'd rather die than spend the rest of my life in a jail unless it is the case in which like doesn't mean my whole life.

I guess they could also deal with people who want to die, but choosing to die is a big choice. I also think they should make jails more sanitary. The main point is that we're all humans.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The main point is that we're all humans.

Yes..and those heartless killers that brutally murdered multiple people with absolutely no remorse deserve to continue to live the rest of their life in peace...because, y'know, they are human
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

they should make jails more sanitary.

For the most part, most people that go into jail don't care about their hygiene.
toprichieboy
toprichieboy
82 posts
Nomad

If I went to jail, I would want my cell to be clean.

fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

I would get rid of the death penalty not because I'm being kind but because for some people a life sentence is far worse than death. In my mind death is the easy way out.

red303
red303
7,572 posts
Shepherd

Yes..and those heartless killers that brutally murdered multiple people with absolutely no remorse deserve to continue to live the rest of their life in peace...because, y'know, they are human

There are very few of those "heartless killers" you keep describing in actual life! They are normal people whose emotions took full control of them! The other person kept taunting and mocking him, so his emotions told him to pull a gun! When adrenaline pumps, less blood goes to the brain and before they know it, the other guy is dead! usually afterward, the "heartless killer" drops to his knees and starts crying because they had just killed a person they loved! They regret their actions and the only thing they want is to bring the other person back. Anger is extremely powerful can take control of you.
As for the other murderers, they are messed up in the head and kill people because of it, and maybe they deserve to die, but not the poor guy who just killed his sister out of sheer anger!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

There are very few of those "heartless killers" you keep describing in actual life! They are normal people whose emotions took full control of them! The other person kept taunting and mocking him, so his emotions told him to pull a gun! When adrenaline pumps, less blood goes to the brain and before they know it, the other guy is dead! usually afterward, the "heartless killer" drops to his knees and starts crying because they had just killed a person they loved! They regret their actions and the only thing they want is to bring the other person back. Anger is extremely powerful can take control of you.

Jack the Ripper, Zodiac Killer, Son of Sam, The Joker, Manson, Ed Gein, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert Fish, and Miyuki Ishikawa...to name a few.

The situation you describe is temporary insanity...and a person convicted with this would spend little time in jail, if any at all...it would be extremely extremely (yes, I put extremely twice) difficult to get them life in jail, let alone the death penalty
red303
red303
7,572 posts
Shepherd

The situation you describe is temporary insanity...and a person convicted with this would spend little time in jail, if any at all...it would be extremely extremely (yes, I put extremely twice) difficult to get them life in jail, let alone the death penalty

But what you said is that ANYONE who murdered would get jail for life.
red303
red303
7,572 posts
Shepherd

sorry, i mean the death penalty, not jail for life.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

But what you said is that ANYONE who murdered would get death penalty

Yes..and those heartless killers that brutally murdered multiple people with absolutely no remorse deserve to continue to live the rest of their life in peace

Here is what I said...now..please show me where I said anyone
Showing 361-375 of 518