ForumsThe Tavernhomeschooling Vs private schooling Vs public schooling

38 4812
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

which do you prefer? which are/were you? me? i am homeschooled and i like it this way.
have at it!

• 38 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I would prefer private or public. Homeschool seems too lonely.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Homeschool seems too lonely.
yes fewer friends, but at least your not forced to come in contact with someone you can't stand daily
another great thing about being home teached is that i don't get out of bed until like 9:00 to 9:30
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

but at least your not forced to come in contact with someone you can't stand daily

Unless you really don't like your parents.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

fair enough, but even if your public or private schooled your going to have that problem. and you'll have to worry about bullies and all that
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

your not forced to come in contact with someone you can't stand daily

Unfortunately, thats an important part of life. You are going to work with people you dont get along with. Bummer...
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Boarding school!

And just a side note about boarding schools: I love how they're stereotyped for being disciplinary when, in fact, some of the most prominent feeder schools in the nation are boarding schools, public and private.
kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

I've been in both private and public. I do home schooling in the summer.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I think that it depends on ware you live. For example, the public schools where I live are not to amazing but the private schools are. Homeschooling can have ups or downs depending on what it is. I go to a charter school (online) so I get the regular schooling any one else would get. Plus, you do not really ever have to come in contact with your teachers (if you don't want to there are field trips they have regularly). The only down side is the social aspect. I am basically on the computer for 7+ hours a day which does not count times when I am on it for enjoyment. I also have art which I do whenever I can so I do not spend a lot of time with friends (I do not have that many though so it is no big deal). I know I rambled on there, sorry about that.

deathbewithyou
deathbewithyou
534 posts
Nomad

But the thing with public schools is that you meet people.

Let's see, how many people do I get to meet while I'm homeschooled? If I just sit in my house all the time, almost no one. If I wander the nieghborhood, I meet a lot of people..... Really the thought that you can't make many friends while homeschooling is a myth. A total and complete myth.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

to add to what deatbewithyou said, there are also homeschool groups, groups of homeschooler who get together and do stuff.

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I have actually done all three and I think private school was my favourite of the three.

Home schooling for me just did not work and ended up being very short lived. I need to be around people to be social and had issues with being really shy. My Mother probably could have involved me in homeschool groups, but I needed to be full out with people all the time. Took a lot to drag me out of my shell. :P I also was incredibly stubborn and would not listen to my Mother because I had been in public school previously and her methods were not the same as my teachers, so I thought it was wrong.

Public school was alright. Each year totally depended on the teachers for me. I found it to be better than homeschooling, but worse than private school. People were much more ridiculous in public school, which I always found annoying. Good thing about public school was it had opportunities for me to try more things.

Private school was hands down my favourite. I found everything was much more focused. I may not have had as many opportunities for as many things, but the things that were available (which was still plenty) were of higher caliber. I also was able to do some unique things with my private school occasionally, so that was cool. I know this isn't true for every private school, but it was also a really nice size. Only one class of each grade so I really got to know all the people in my class. For me that was good because I got to be social, but I was still comfortable.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

to add to what deatbewithyou said, there are also homeschool groups, groups of homeschooler who get together and do stuff.

That would probably be something fun to do because you get to see more people and grow up with them which often creates strong bonds for later in life.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

That would probably be something fun to do because you get to see more people and grow up with them which often creates strong bonds for later in life.

You have no idea bro. And homeschoolers (at least the ones I know) all seem to have the same, weird and twisted sense of humor
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Well one thing about homeschooling is that not only is it not unheard of, but it's also rather common for a someone to be still in school (not graduated or anything) and be in college. One of my friends recently finished a year of college and he's only 16.

indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

Public schools,cause I am in a public school.

Showing 16-30 of 38