ForumsThe TavernThat awful taste..

17 4483
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

You know when you've had something to eat that had a lot of onions or garlic in it and the taste lingers in your mouth long after you've eaten..

How do you get rid of that taste?

I've cleaned my teeth and I've drank orange juice and tea since I had dinner, but I still can't get rid of the onion taste!

• 17 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Go chew a piece of gum. Your mouth creates surplus enzymes that dissolve the leftover garlic/onion particles.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Parsley. There's a reason the Romans had small portions of parsley after every meal. It is relatively easy to grow, so you can have your own.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

its all in the way you make the food.
just dont use all of that onion and garlic
duh!

--judgment

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

get a chip or a cracker, and pour a few drops of some really hotsauce, like liquid stupid or something like that, i haven't tried it for that purpose but i'm sure it would work

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I had a couple of strong mints in my bag so I had them and they did the trick.

just dont use all of that onion and garlic

I only used 2 spring onions but they still left a strong taste.
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

Eat some ice cream. It helps get spicy flavors out, it may also work for garlic and onions.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I'm not really the best guy to go to for breath advice, but you could always try Tic-tacs or Altoids of some kind. Preferably the cinnamon ones, if you're going for Altoids.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

I had a couple of strong mints in my bag so I had them and they did the trick.
oh, shame, lol. still, try hot sauce, i'm sure by the time your taste buds are working again that the taste will be gone
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Silly, cleaning your teeth won't help. Clean your tongue! After all, that's what you taste. The simple tooth brush should do the trick. And with mouth wash, it's all gone.
*results may vary. Don't sue me, I'm not a **** dentist.*

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I've cleaned my teeth and I've drank orange juice and tea since I had dinner, but I still can't get rid of the onion taste!

Have you tried eating an orange instead?
I'm not sure if it'll rid you of the onion aftertaste but It does mask the smell of beer. When I go see my friend once in a while and we watch a movie on Netflix and have a beer, I always eat an orange so my GF doesn't have to suffer my beer breath. xD
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

Have you tried eating an orange instead?
I'm not sure if it'll rid you of the onion aftertaste but It does mask the smell of beer. When I go see my friend once in a while and we watch a movie on Netflix and have a beer, I always eat an orange so my GF doesn't have to suffer my beer breath. xD

suffer? did you say suffer?

well, um try eating some unoniony foods!

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Mouth wash.

pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

pukeing the the taste will be replaced by a worse taste to make yourself puke touch the thingy in the back of your mouth the looks like a tiny punching bag

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

well, um try eating some unoniony foods!

If you eat onion or drink beer and your GF eat the same thing then it's okay but if only one person drink beer or eat garlic or onion food then the other one suffers. xD
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I only used 2 spring onions but they still left a strong taste.

You mean only two puny green onions left your mouth with aftertaste? Wow... You must not eat very much onion.

If you eat onion or drink beer and your GF eat the same thing then it's okay but if only one person drink beer or eat garlic or onion food then the other one suffers. xD

If you both eat the same thing, neither one will notice the other.
Showing 1-15 of 17