ForumsThe TavernMLB 2012 playoffs

56 6250
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm surprised this hasn't been made yet (only topic I see that is baseball related is about the Giants...and the AG sportscenter barely mentions baseball)

What are your thoughts on the playoffs this year? Who will win? What player will shine? Thoughts on the new wild card system? etc.

And let's go Yanks!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0MPlq0vPeJ5HrwdfGLsApb-z3I3dRLMWt3nNMqGsjHUZE7AxO

• 56 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

There aren't that many fans of baseball and there have never been that many fans of baseball here. What I can figure is people (by this I mean Americans) find it kind of boring, not as exciting as football and basketball but not as boring as soccer, i.e. not much happens but more things happen than in soccer where they don't make more than 1 or 2 goals a game.

This obvious Giants fan has an obvious answer to the obvious winner of the World Series this year. It's obvious.

Posey is probably going to be MVP for the NL and I'm not just saying that as a Giant fan.

Game is starting soon. Go Giants!

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

And let's go Yanks!

No one likes the Yankees. As long as they don't win I am happy. So Go Tigers!
Game is starting soon. Go Giants!

I have to cheer for St. Louis. My team when I was in tee ball was the Cardinals.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

No one likes the Yankees

But I'm right here D= and pickpocket is somewhere over there

So Go Tigers!

Wouldn't be too much of a problem if the Yankees could just get their hitting back in shape -_-

This obvious Giants fan has an obvious answer to the obvious winner of the World Series this year. It's obvious.

Obviously you are talking about the Yankees. It is quite obvious
Notgothboy
Notgothboy
1 posts
Nomad

The only people who like the Yankees are people from New York and fair-wheather fans.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The only people who like the Yankees are people from New York and fair-wheather fans

And what about myself eh? Not from New York but I'm a hardcore fan

Yankees lose Game 2...guess what the problem was? Well well...looks like it was hitting again -_-
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

But I'm right here D= and pickpocket is somewhere over there

Suddenly, I apear!

The only people who like the Yankees are people from New York and fair-wheather fans.

Sir, I live in new York and have been a Yankee fan for as long as I have been alive. Leave my presence.
Besides, all front runners would have gone to a "new" up and coming team. A kid said he was a nationals fan yesturday.... By that I mean he became a nationals fan yesturday.
Yankees lose Game 2...guess what the problem was? Well well...looks like it was hitting again -_-

The sole reason the Yankees even beat the O's was because of the pitching and Raul Ibanez, who hit multiple homers that tie the game in the 9th. Cano, swisher, granderson, and a rod better get up and remember why they have multi million dollar contracts. Thankfully, Chavez will play for a rod, but granderson, swisher and cano must play. Other wise it weakens defense.
And now jeter is down. Jason nix hasn't been bad. I went to his first playoff game at the stadium, he got a few hits. He has been good and can fill jeters spot for the time. He is fairly good at short, and we don't want neunez there.
It's very, very painful to watch the Yankees play now. They better do well in Detroit. Now they are going to have to play against verlander soon. Just a terrible situation overall.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for double, just something I want to touch on.

No one likes the Yankees

By that logic, no one likes you. How does that make you feel? U mad?
(for those who don't know, it's my life's goal to make daleks mad. I will get him, eventually.)
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I have to cheer for St. Louis. My team when I was in tee ball was the Cardinals.

Blech.

99% of the people I live near are Cubs fans, me included. Hell, maybe they'll win the World Series this year...

... xD
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

By that logic, no one likes you. How does that make you feel? U mad?

It isn't logic. It is fact.

Facts about sports:
1)No one likes the Cowboys
2)No one likes the Yankees

That is just the rules. People will say that they like these teams, but if you search deep inside them you will find that they really hate these teams.
U mad?

If you didn't say you lived in NYC then I would have guessed that you are one of my friends. He says that all the time.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

99% of the people I live near are Cubs fans, me included. Hell, maybe they'll win the World Series this year...

... xD

Dawwwww, that's cute.

I know a few states that would disagree with you.
Take the Yankees off and add the heat. No one likes the heat unless you are a major front runner.
If you didn't say you lived in NYC then I would have guessed that you are one of my friends. He says that all the time.

Maybe I moved O.o
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Here's how football is divided up in Iowa:
35% like the Packers
35% like Da Bears (Well, only awesome people)
25% like the Cowboys (Which are all farmers, coincidentally)

And 5% like the Vikings, for whatever strange reason I have yet to figure out.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Here's how football is divided up in Iowa:
35% like the Packers
35% like Da Bears (Well, only awesome people)
25% like the Cowboys (Which are all farmers, coincidentally)

And 5% like the Vikings, for whatever strange reason I have yet to figure out.

I think you did your math wrong, saly my boy. I don't see the giants in your calculations.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Nah, it's just easy to hate on the Yankees. There are plenty of reasons to hate on the Yankees. There are also plenty of reasons to hate on the Phillies or the Cardinals. Yes, they're all good teams, but the (obvious) reason Yankees hate is mainstream is because it's easier to hate on the most popular, most winningest, most paid team in all of baseball with the most annoying fans. It's just easy and acceptable to hate the guy on top. Also, the more popular a team gets, the more annoying the fans are.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

most annoying fans

No way man, the Royals have the most annoying fans. I was at the allstar game and it was ridicules. Most of them were hill-billies who were too drunk to pay attention. And they were constantly booing and complaning because there "allstar" didnt make it into the home run derby. Its simply because he wasnt good enough.
Gantic, lets calm down. The Giants are my favorite national team. Matt Cain went to the same school as some of my relatives O.o
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

Braves game sucked sooooo bad
http://p.twimg.com/A4ez611CEAEl5G4.png
http://rantsports.media.s3.amazonaws.com/clubhouse/files/2012/10/Screen-shot-2012-10-05-at-7.15.07-PM.png
http://www.diehardsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/668688158.png

Showing 1-15 of 56