ForumsThe TavernMLB 2012 playoffs

56 6249
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm surprised this hasn't been made yet (only topic I see that is baseball related is about the Giants...and the AG sportscenter barely mentions baseball)

What are your thoughts on the playoffs this year? Who will win? What player will shine? Thoughts on the new wild card system? etc.

And let's go Yanks!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0MPlq0vPeJ5HrwdfGLsApb-z3I3dRLMWt3nNMqGsjHUZE7AxO

• 56 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Tigers are a better team. I hope the giants win though.

Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I like the Cardinals, but they they got blown out in the seventh game against the Giants. Oh well. They won last year though. I'm not a big fan of the Yankees. They have too much money. That's the only reason they are good.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Woah, the Giants beat the crap out of Verlander. Awesome!

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Verlander went the way of Cliff Lee for Game 1. His reaction to Pablo Sandoval's second homerun is priceless. That game was definitely a surprise with respect to the Giants batting.

I'm hoping for an World Series as exciting as the NLDS and NLCS, seeing as the Giants went 6-0 in elimination games. Game 7 of the NLCS was crazy awesome.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

And the Giants take Game 2. What a pitcher's duel. This is turning out to be a lot like the 2010 World Series, which would make this a bit boring after the playoffs the Giants went through.

In related news: Free Taco!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

My mind has been changed...it seems the Giants have this in the bag.

Does this World Series remind anyone else of 2006 series with the Tigers?

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

And the Giants take Game 2.

Come on Tigers, at least make it interesting.

Honestly I know nothing about baseball. The sport bores me. I just know I like it when it is a close game.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Come on Tigers, at least make it interesting.

Perhaps the Tigers are just overhyped and the AL isn't as challenging as the NL, what with that DH rule and all.
Yeah, I'm hoping for a more interesting World Series too.

Honestly I know nothing about baseball. The sport bores me. I just know I like it when it is a close game.

Quiet, Joe Buck!
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Hopefully the fate of the Giants will be like that of the two teams they faced earlier in the playoffs.

Maybe I need to move somewhere else away from Ohio and its terrible professional sports teams.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

@Gantic
Is Joe Buck an actual person? I have never heard the name before.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Joe Buck does the play-by-play for Fox Sports.

fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

[i].There aren't that many fans of baseball and there have never been that many fans of baseball here. What I can figure is people (by this I mean Americans) find it kind of boring, not as exciting as football and basketball but not as boring as soccer, i.e. not much happens but more things happen than in soccer where they don't make more than 1 or 2 goals a game.

agreed gantic i really hate baseball

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The Giants take Game 3! Honestly, the people making the predictions for winners of the the post season games must be heavily biased against the Giants. I mean seriously.

fries
fries
92 posts
Nomad

? uh what are you trying to say that the giants won

Fecit
Fecit
13 posts
Nomad

Wow. I really thought that the Tigers would be winning....

Showing 31-45 of 56