ForumsThe TavernMLB 2012 playoffs

56 6248
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm surprised this hasn't been made yet (only topic I see that is baseball related is about the Giants...and the AG sportscenter barely mentions baseball)

What are your thoughts on the playoffs this year? Who will win? What player will shine? Thoughts on the new wild card system? etc.

And let's go Yanks!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0MPlq0vPeJ5HrwdfGLsApb-z3I3dRLMWt3nNMqGsjHUZE7AxO

• 56 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

? uh what are you trying to say that the giants won

Honestly, if you don't follow the MLB playoffs or just don't care about baseball, you shouldn't keep posting in this thread.

Wow. I really thought that the Tigers would be winning....

I don't think anyone saw this coming. I was skeptical about the chatter going into the World Series. No way the Tigers were leagues better than the Giants. Sure, they have Verlander and Miguel Cabrera, but the Giants have solid pitching and the hitting is alright and our defense isn't bad, but as far as I can see, on average the Giants are still a bit better than the Tigers.

At the beginning of the season, I would've been okay with someone saying the Giants wouldn't make it to the post season. At the end of the season, I would've been okay with someone saying the Giants wouldn't make it to the World Series. But in the World Series and not winning it? The Giants have proven that they were the team to beat after coming back from not one, but two three game deficits at the brink of elimination and shutting out the Cardinals in two of those games. Sure, things were shaky against the Reds, but by the time came for the Cardinals, the Giants proved that they have strong pitching and good defense. If that doesn't win games, I don't know what does.

Does 2012 post-season have parallels with 2010? Sure it does. Did the Giants have a bit of luck on their side both seasons? I'd be lying if I said they didn't, but in the long run it doesn't matter. If the Giants take the World Series or if they sweep the Tigers, is 2013 going to be like 2011 where people are going to say it was another fluke? I sure hope not. If anyone can believe that, then I just can't take their opinion seriously.

Don't Stop Believing! Go GIANTS!!!
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

Giants fans just think they are the greatest because they won the 2010 WS

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Does 2012 post-season have parallels with 2010?

2012 post-season has parallels with the 2010 for Giants...2006 for Tigers

Cain vs Scherzer...I think I might smell a sweep...
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Anyone watching the game right now? I was worried after Miguel Cabrera's two-run home run, but Posey brought the lead back to the Giants with his own two-run home run.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Giants fans just think they are the greatest because they won the 2010 WS

...Or because they are about to win the World Series this year

Anyone watching the game right now? I was worried after Miguel Cabrera's two-run home run, but Posey brought the lead back to the Giants with his own two-run home run.

But then Delmon Young happened
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Yeah, I think I jinxed it.

The game's going into extra innings. I am really not liking Game 4 right now. The umping is ridiculous. And Casilla hit Infante with a pitch. I'm just not as super excited as I was when the game started. It's anyone's game right now.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

This obvious Giants fan has an obvious answer to the obvious winner of the World Series this year. It's obvious. Obviously the San Francisco Giants!

This was one unbelievable season! This season was literally unbelievable. If you could tell a Giants fan last year of the amazing things that happened for the Giants this year, no one would ever believe all the things you say, let alone one or two. Zito starting Game 1 in the World Series because he's actually great this season (and the GIants won 14 consecutive starts by Zito)? Lincecum not doing so good and relief pitching in the World Series? Cain's perfect game? Shutting out the Dodgers in a three game series? Coming back from six elimination games? Pablo Sandoval making three home runs in one game against Verlander? Sweeping the World Series against the Tigers without Lincecum as a starting pitcher?

Giants fans don't stop believing, but this is still pretty un-freakin'-believable!

Unforgettable! Thank you Giants for an amazing season.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I watched a few innings of this final game. Jeremy Affeldt striking out Cabrera, Fielder and Young in the bottom of the eighth was crucial in order for them to snag the victory. Even though I missed most of the game, I'm glad I saw that particular inning.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Giants fans don't stop believing, but this is still pretty un-freakin'-believable!

Seriously haha when looking at their roster I do not think "yeah..World Series team right there"

Congrats to the Giants! But now that it is offseason..it is time for the Yanks to start building up the team to take the reign next season
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The Giants don't have the best of the best players, but the team is gold.

Merits for everyone who believes in Orange October! Just kidding. I'd just be meriting myself.

Now to wait for the awards.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Giants were lucky! LoL.

I will admit however, that I was very impressed when I heard Pablo Sandoval got two home runs off of Justin Verlander.

I was going to watch game 4 last night, but I didn't want another one of the teams I was rootin' for to lose (but they lost anyway)... Now I have a losing streak of 8 and still counting.

Showing 46-56 of 56