ForumsSupport ForumProfile Glitch

51 10712
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

This has probably been brought up before, but it appears that there is a new profile glitch floating around.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/xeano321/Capture2_zps090b8585.jpg

Fantastic! I was a Gold King with only 5,700 points... Only in America!

• 51 Replies
redslaughterer
redslaughterer
256 posts
Nomad

I've seen that before. In fact, it was today. I was checking out your profile, and there it was, you were a gold king with 5700 AP. Then I had to double check the ranking guide. Probably is a glitch.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

This is probably the already known "rogue glitch", which is what I'm going to call it from now on. This glitch is roaming the website and scrambles data on user profiles. I myself had the 'leasure' of experiencing it twice in the past already! (o.O)

In the end the data resets to it's former (original) state and your profile will show as if nothing ever happened to it, just the way it should be xeano321.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I just thought that it may be a little more clearer to state the possible problems that could occur, just to list them for other users that have the same glitch happening to them...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Posible problems list for "Rogue AG Glitch":

# Altered date of joining ArmorGames;

# ArmorPoints are set to '0' or are altered to a different amount;

# Ranking bar is completely gone (usually in combination with AP set to '0';

# Rated games/Comments/Posts/Game submit/Merits are all set to '0';

# Usernames are not showing up in the messenger;

# All comments in the messenger are gone and it states "No comments made yet!";

# Profile's about is completely gone;

# Friends list is completely gone and states "No friends added!";

# Favorite games list is completely gone and states "No games faved yet!";

# User's country flag is altered or reset to default;

# Armatar is set to default "AG Starry shield" or one of the standard "AG Color Shields";

All these alteration glitches to a user's profile could occur, either on their own or simultaniously at random picking and combinations. But the latter is usually the case though.

Mind you: this is a list of glitches that could occur at one's profile due to the "Rogue AG Glitch". There are situations where a user's AP count is decreased due to deleted posts and/ore comments and this could also result in the resetting of the armatar to the default "AG Starry Shield" one...

I hope users can use this list to check what could have been the cause of a profile glitch occuring to them. And it can happen to anyone folks...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

It's not my style to triple-post at all, but I remembered that boppins (AG admin) gave a response on GetSat when my profile was hit with the "Rogue AG Glitch" a few weeks ago.
This post is only to elaborate to those that have the same problem and need help with it. Here's what he stated:

We made a recent update that caused some profiles to be like yours for a day or so (but no data was lost or corrupted) -- things should be back to normal now. Your profile looks fine to me. If you are still having trouble seeing your profile or using the forums, I'd try deleting all your armorgames cookies.

So, to conclude... if you still have trouble with your profile and it doesn't reset itself back to normal after a while, even when deleting your cookies, contact boppins about it and he can help you resolve the problem. =)
Zander73
Zander73
2 posts
Shepherd

I'm on my brother's profile, but my account is completely gone. I can log in, but it gives me the "banned armatar" and I can't play any games or access any forums. Help!

Account name is Rayce002 if you'd like to see.

Zander73
Zander73
2 posts
Shepherd

Sorry for the double post, but I messaged boppins and I hope for this to be fixed. I figured it would be fixed but it's been 3 days now and I'm still glitched. Thanks for the help in spotting it because I thought the AG servers were down.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

In the end the data resets to it's former (original) state and your profile will show as if nothing ever happened to it, just the way it should be xeano321.

It was back to normal at the time of my posting my AP. I had heard of the join date being changed, and the rank being changed, but I never saw them all together. Just thought I let people know it's a glitch rather then an error or something. =D
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

so nobody else noticed the fact that is said he joined in 1969?

Rayce002
Rayce002
135 posts
Scribe

Okay, most of it is fixed now. I can log in and get to my profile and the forums without it freaking out. This is a really weird glitch.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

# Altered date of joining ArmorGames;

# ArmorPoints are set to '0' or are altered to a different amount;

# Ranking bar is completely gone (usually in combination with AP set to '0';

# Rated games/Comments/Posts/Game submit/Merits are all set to '0';

# Usernames are not showing up in the messenger;

# All comments in the messenger are gone and it states "No comments made yet!";

# Profile's about is completely gone;

# Friends list is completely gone and states "No friends added!";

# Favorite games list is completely gone and states "No games faved yet!";

# User's country flag is altered or reset to default;

# Armatar is set to default "AG Starry shield" or one of the standard "AG Color Shields";

What makes you think all of those glitches are the same glitch in different forms?
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

What makes you think all of those glitches are the same glitch in different forms?

I simply put 2 and 2 together Patrick... random users have been experiencing this glitch with one or more of those alterations I listed. All of them have had their profile back as normal after a short period of time or by posting/commenting. So it's fair to say that it is the same roaming glitch as explained by boppins on GetSat.

@ UnleashedUponMankind : FYI, Justin isn't the one to report this to, boppins is... as I explained in the quoted message he wrote on GetSatisfaction a few weeks ago.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Uh, look at it Patrick. They're all dealing with profiles. They all happen at the same time. The things that are glitched are all related. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Justin takes care of customer service and he does some game-related stuff. He doesn't do ANYTHING with the site's integrity. Never email him if your problem isn't listed in his About.

From his profile:
ATTENTION: If you are having trouble with recovering your username, verification link, premium content, offensive language from users, etc. Please email me at support@armorgames.com. You will receive an email from me within 24 hours of the date it was originally sent EXCEPT on saturday and sunday. Thanks!!

Just wanted to let you know that he isn't magic.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

It appears bharris05 is now experiencing the glitch.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this glitch, but I just did, and I might as well post it since I have nothing better to do.

While leaving a comment on MrDayCee's profile, this weird occurrence occurred:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/xeano321/Capture_zpse6a5d595.jpg

I clicked enter, then it said "No comments made yet!" I reloaded the page and comment failed to appear, so I typed it again, hit enter, then it appeared.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I had that problem when going to the S$S forum today. It said "No threads have been made yet!" so I hard refreshed the page. After refreshing they all came up.

Showing 1-15 of 51