ForumsSupport ForumProfile Glitch

51 10708
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

This has probably been brought up before, but it appears that there is a new profile glitch floating around.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/xeano321/Capture2_zps090b8585.jpg

Fantastic! I was a Gold King with only 5,700 points... Only in America!

• 51 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Gantic has been hit by this glitch.

p.s. is there a way to get the starry shield without getting hit by this glitch or losing points?

~~~Darth Caedus

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

p.s. is there a way to get the starry shield without getting hit by this glitch or losing points?

Not that I know of. It's not available for choice as your armatar, so I guess it's only if you lose points.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Ernie has been hit.

He has cured himself and made a full recovery.

I found out how to fix the rogue glitch yourself if it ever affects you. You can't access the forums or post on people's pages--at least I was unable to when I was under the influence of this glitch--but you can access the control panel. What I noticed after logging in for the first time today, after being affected by the glitch for about 15 hours, was that my email box was blank. I entered my email in the box, updated my profile, and here I am.

TL;DR - The email box going blank is what causes the rogue glitch to appear. All you have to do to make the glitch go away for yourself is enter your current email.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

AceofSky has been hit also.

ACE is back!
I found out how to fix the rogue glitch yourself if it ever affects you. You can't access the forums or post on people's pages--at least I was unable to when I was under the influence of this glitch--but you can access the control panel. What I noticed after logging in for the first time today, after being affected by the glitch for about 15 hours, was that my email box was blank. I entered my email in the box, updated my profile, and here I am.

TL;DR - The email box going blank is what causes the rogue glitch to appear. All you have to do to make the glitch go away for yourself is enter your current email.

Wow Ernie thanks so much. I lost half my profile, but I updated my gender, email, location, and whatnot in the control panel and valah my profile was back to normal!

To fix the forums and commenting, just delete all of your browsing information-cookies, cache, history, everything! (Cookies is the main reason). Then relog and you shall be fine.

But you may ask how did I get here if I couldn't access the forums or post a comment? Well, I used this VPN to conceal my IP (if it was IP related) and cookies to see this page.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I was hit by this glitch today and I couldn't do anything. The links didn't work and I couldn't message anyone or participate in the forums.
Thanks to AceofSky , I was able to come back but my about were lost, wait, no, they were not lost because I did this before:
I right clicked on an empty space in my page with my mouse and selected view page source , I opened the file menu and I saved my page as a html (not htm, just add an l at the end of htm).
Then I went to control panel and re-entered my e-mail address and pasted the content of the file I just saved ( the about section).
Now everything is back! xD
Remember to save your page before re-entering your e-mail address, otherwise you will lose everything!

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Add Fries to the list. (No, not to my order, to the profile glitch list.)

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Thanks to AceofSky , I was able to come back but my about were lost, wait, no, they were not lost because I did this before:

Yes, thank you AceofSky for your wonderfully original solution.

Add Fries to the list. (No, not to my order, to the profile glitch list.)

Actually, in this case, I think we're better off letting this sleeping dog lie...
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

LOL What a commotion about a glitch... never experienced such a large amount of panic attacks and on the other hand laidback replies to a glitch of this format in the past!

Finally I feel a little relieved as I have learned that both fries and AceofSky were hit! No offense guys, but this means that it isn't related to my profile in particular as I haven't commented to both of them within the last week or more.

I couldn't imagine that I would be the source, but it does creep up on you more and more after a while of seeing a lot of people you comment to recently are getting hit one by one... (O.o)

Also... Welcome Back Ernie! =D

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

No offense guys, but this means that it isn't related to my profile in particular as I haven't commented to both of them within the last week or more.

Finally reassured? =p I was just about to comment that I have yet to be hit by the rogue glitch...so you being the cause of it is very unlikely

Now the true question to myself....should I be happy that I haven't been hit since it is quite annoying? Or sad because everyone else is getting hit but me? Hmm...
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Finally reassured? =p I was just about to comment that I have yet to be hit by the rogue glitch...so you being the cause of it is very unlikely

Yes... I'm finally reassured!! =D
*wipes forehead*
LOL I know it might sound self-centered in the way I was talking about it, but it somehow creeped up on me when things progressed over time and the fact that I might have been the one carrying the glitch around, infecting people on my way, was becoming more and more real to me! (O.o)

Just glad it is finally prooven now that I am not the carrier of it! But... this also means that I can become 'infected' again too! Oh my... (O.O)

Now the true question to myself....should I be happy that I haven't been hit since it is quite annoying? Or sad because everyone else is getting hit but me? Hmm...

You shouldn't be sad you aren't hit as I still like you when you won't be pang...

But all and all it is annoying at most you know. You will be cut off from AG for a short while and everything will return normal again after a while, even without the loss of data and stuff, so... yah... annoying at it's worst? *shrugs*
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

new easier solution
All you have to do is just hangs your comment status to enabled to disabled and all will be well, nothing will go wrong if you change it to enabled again.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I got hit by it again! Fortunately I saved a backup of my page.
It's REALLY getting annoying though.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

All you have to do is just hangs your comment status to enabled to disabled and all will be well, nothing will go wrong if you change it to enabled again.

Be careful that you don't leave your email box blank. Catastrophe may arise if you leave out that easily forgettable step.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I was hit again yesterday, but only with the minor version... my messenger comments weren't showing the usernames of the people who wrote them to me... all is now solved/fixed again though! =)

Cheza13
Cheza13
3 posts
Nomad

what are merids???

Showing 31-45 of 51