ForumsPopular MediaBooks (now nobody will click on this)

58 17261
skydragon720
skydragon720
343 posts
Nomad

What would be your top five books, or series?

I'd have to say:
The Eragon series,
Harry Potter,
Percy Jackson,
The heroes of Olympus,
and The Theif Lord.

• 58 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Jules Verne

I liked him too when I was younger.
You need to read Voyage at the Center of the Earth, it's my favorite with 20000
Leagues under the Sea.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

It's been at least a year since I've read a book outside of having to do so in school.
Last series of books I read was Percy Jackson, which were pretty good, in my opinion.
I bought all of the eragon books, and read the first chapter, and just lost interest.

If anyone does come across a good book - please do tell me.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

My top 5 fav books would be:

1. Inheritance Series
2. Artemis Fowl Series
3. Drenai Tales
4. Inkheart Saga (other two books are inkspell and inkdeath)
5. The Hunger Game Series

I myself like to read, and I loved these books (they're in not in order per se).

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

The Black Company (Glen Cook)
The Malazan Book of the Fallen (Steven Erikson)
Lord of the Rings and anything else in Middle-Earth
A Song of Ice and Fire
The Kingkiller Chronicle (Patrick Rothfuss)

Others:
Mistborn novels
The Dune novels

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

no order exept in the order i think of them

warriors
animorphs
the dragon riders of pern

i love animorphs, the story is so awesome that i wish i could morph into animals too!

(now nobody will click on this)

i see what you did there...or should i say i read between the lines?

harry potter
the hobbit
animorphs
eragon

and some books whose english name i do not know. i love books and i like to read. i am a bookworm and i am proud that i am one.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

i love animorphs, the story is so awesome that i wish i could morph into animals too!

There was a Canadian TV series with the same title, are they both related?
I liked that show BTW.
waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

There was a Canadian TV series with the same title, are they both related?
I liked that show BTW.

Yes, they are the same show. Also, the show was on in the U.S. for a time. Unfortunately, I was in all of 1st or 2nd grade when it was showed, so I didn't get to see much of it.

I don't really have a top 5 favorite books, because I will constantly change them. However, I like reading what are considered "classics". Over the summer, I read 1984, which is perhaps one of the most influential books I've read. The fact that its possible to reach what happens in the book, too...*shivers*

I also recently read "All Quiet on the Western Front". I had not realized just how bad off that the soldiers were during that war, and the alienation that the poor boys suffer is just awful. Quite a good book, as much as some critics may hate it.
ZombiePearl
ZombiePearl
4 posts
Nomad

The Storm Thief
The Game of Thrones series
The Chronicles of Narnia series
The Children of the Light series (not really sure about the official series name)
Percy Jackson

And of course 50 shades of grey... XDDD

My favourite is definitely the Game Of Thrones series and I'm kidding about the Shades... XDDD

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

I was wondering if anyone could think of the book I'm thinking of, I read it a while ago, and coming up on a mind blank. I can't think of the name.

From what I recall it is about a relatively young girl or boy being genies. They can grant wishes (like who wins the lottery).In this book there are lamps. You can trap genies in them, if you put them in and if they go in counter-clockwise time passes for them slowly in there, but if they go in clockwise time passes fast.

In this story when the boy and girl figure out that they are genies they grant a wish to their nanny (or was it servant) that she won the lottery.

That is all I pretty much remember, can anyone think of the novel name?

P.S. I completely forget about the plot of the book...

awesomecoyoteman
awesomecoyoteman
17 posts
Jester

i dont really have a favorite book series but the writers i like most are:
Erin Hunter (pen name author of the Warriors series)
Brian Jacquas (deceased author of the Redwall series)
Eoin Colfer (author of the Artemis Fowl series)
Racheal Renee Russell (author of Dork Diaries series)
J.R Tolkien (author of the Lord of the Rings trilogy)
...well that about sums up my favorite series (and writers) lol guess i did tell everyone my 5 favorite series though there all so good i dont need to rank them :P

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i wont really like reading it just cant keep my attention but

1.harry potter
2. any book that has to do with zombies/anything undead

vilano
vilano
20 posts
Nomad

I don't have a specific favorite book but I recommend anything written by Agatha Christie and Stephen King.

Agatha Christie was the famous "Queen of Crime" with over 2 billion copies of her books sold worldwide. She wrote fantastic mysteries with clever plot twists and her books always had a shocking ending. Some of her most popular books include Murder on the Orient Express, Ten Little Indians, and A Murder Is Announced.

Stephen King is a fantasy / horror writer. His books are chilling and genuinely scary. I would recommend The Dead Zone, 11/22/63, The Shining, and The Green Mile.

Showing 46-57 of 58