ForumsThe Tavernag is falling apart

68 8477
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

there are threads in the wrong sections very few mods and admins left glitches everywhere so many spammers just telling you all this mabye we can have a discounshin in this about something

• 68 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Threads in the wrong sections are an unavoidable element in any forum. The moderators and admins are very much active (most moderators are active in the evening hours.)

There has been dozens and dozens of discussions about glitches and spammers, and I highly doubt if much can be accomplished.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Speaking of putting threads in the wrong section...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

They're making more progress than they have in the past year.

- Site updates
- Bug fixes
- Admin participation in the community

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Yeah. Its been better recently.

The moderators and admins are very much active (most moderators are active in the evening hours.)

I dont really know much about what the mods do, but I have seen only a few recently. Freakenstine I see once in a while. Gantic I have seen a bit of too. boppins and ferret as well.
Skulltivator
Skulltivator
630 posts
Nomad

It's not in the wrong section. It's neither support nor a suggestion so it doesn't belong there, and there's no place for it in any other section but this one.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I dont really know much about what the mods do, but I have seen only a few recently. Freakenstine I see once in a while. Gantic I have seen a bit of too. boppins and ferret as well.

Freakenstein and Gantic are the most active, you'll occasionally see NoName in the WEPR and VG. The others, some you'll see once ever couple months, the rest never. I'm pretty sure Asherlee and Walker haven't been on here all this year.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

there are threads in the wrong sections very few mods and admins left glitches everywhere so many spammers

If you had posted this thread yesterday, or any other time within the past year, I would have agreed with you; but considering all the changes that have surfaced within the past 24 hours, I'm going to have to deem this thread obsolete from the beginning.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

You got that right.

AG is falling apart but it will and is being fixed as we speak, spammers can be handled by the assistance of users, putting threads in the right places can prevent issues, why don't you try it? If you don't like the issues so much, help out by doing the fallowing:

-Participating in the Forums
-If you see spam flag it and if it is on your profile, delete it
-Telling mods about threads placed in the wrong forum

There you go!
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

AG acually seems to be starting to make a re-bound.It seems like there was a deppression of activity mid-summer,however things are seeming to pick up a little bit again.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I'm pretty sure Asherlee and Walker haven't been on here all this year.

I think I might have gotten a message from Asher...hmmm...I don't know. Haven't ever seen Walker though. I wish we got new mods at some point. That would be nice.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Oooh it's time for another one of these.

Chill, the developers are working hard to get things polished up and back together, particularly when you consider the rapid change over the past month or two. I agree that the moderators are somewhat lacking in presence, but those that are active are doing an excellent job, remember that these are volunteers and they have priorities just as the rest of us. It's the internet, spammers have and most likely always will be a problem, just report it and move on.

All issues addressed? Good.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

We all thought it was going to fall apart. Seems not anymore. AG3's process has begun. Hope most glitches and other stuff are fixed. Boppins is really the only admin so far that is showing up. But I think that's good enough. He's doing a great job. As for spamming, game comment spam should be left alone there are way too many games to clean up. Forum spam should be gone within hours.

fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

.glitches everywhere so many spammers .

Most of those things exist in every other website. It's nothing new. All websites have glitches, mistakes and spammers.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Haven't ever seen Walker though. I wish we got new mods at some point.

Walker sent me this message when I asked about his activity.

MRWalker82 (moderator) says:

Posted at 7:40am on 9/4/2012

I'm periodically active, going through some nasty life issues right now so not online as much as I used to be.

~~~Darth Caedus
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

game comment spam should be left alone there are way too many games to clean up.

Or just get more people on the team who are willing to clean it up... =)
Showing 1-15 of 68