ForumsThe Tavernag is falling apart

68 8475
pokemonrocks126
pokemonrocks126
665 posts
Nomad

there are threads in the wrong sections very few mods and admins left glitches everywhere so many spammers just telling you all this mabye we can have a discounshin in this about something

• 68 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Any admin can veto, sure. That's their choice if they wish, although we'd be :< for a week. Another effective veto is any active moderator with a definitive no.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Another effective veto is any active moderator with a definitive no.

This is probably a nosy question, but is it done in a poll format, or do you guys have arguments in the invisible-to-normal-accounts section in the site?
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

First rule of mod club. Don't talk about mod club.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

quote]one is a very happy person.[/quote]

I want to say MrDayCee...but I'm just not sure...

You'd be a good one as well Ghost...as would Ernie

I like to imagine quite often members see "All topics and conversation" for the Tavern and just STOP RIGHT THERE

Imagine? No no...that really is the thinking process of some members

Bail ship if you want to, the rest of us will be drowning on the deck for a long time.

Tis be ok...I brought arm floaties
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Gotcha. Then all that would be left for is having you guys talk about candidates, and letting Ferret approve, right?

[insert a "Well, it's not that simple" response here]

Actually it kind of is that simple, it just necessitates that there's someone we think is ready.

Hello Zoph.

Hello.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

First rule of mod club. Don't talk about mod club.

Top-secret, under the wraps, classified info, eh? I understand.

Actually it kind of is that simple, it just necessitates that there's someone we think is ready.

I never would've guessed. Then what am I doing here stalling you guys? Get to it! :P
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I want to say MrDayCee...but I'm just not sure...

Bam.
You'd be a good one as well Ghost.

I'm not friends with any mods or admins, I'm not a cheerful person, and I point out negative things on the site. They're probably going to look for people that they can be friends with/are already friends with, are noticeably happy, and only talk about positive things on the site.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm not friends with any mods or admins, I'm not a cheerful person, and I point out negative things on the site. They're probably going to look for people that they can be friends with/are already friends with, are noticeably happy, and only talk about positive things on the site.

Pointing out the negative things isn't necessarily a bad thing. Especially coming from a mod. Pointing out the negative things could help better AG..and if there are multiple things that need to be fixed then you (as a mod, with higher authority than regular users) could push the admins to fix one problem (which could be more of a nuisance to people or have a wider range of affect) before another (which could be less hazardous)

Also, not being "cheerful" could also be a plus. When people are spamming or not following the rules, you'd be the perfect person to deal with them.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I knew people who would have made good mods once, but they either disappeared, blew up or were underaged (and still are).

Plus, the past few pages prove that our mods are just being d-bags by hiding away from us.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I hope you're teasing knight, I'm happy to see them.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I was super emo back when I got modded. Then I turned frustrated, angry and then bitter. And then I resigned. So, honestly, being cheerful is not a modly matter. Neither is friendship, all things considering.

And @Frank on the sections: Well, people are stupid. I remember that guy that went "Well, it says everything", and I had to point out the "if it doesn't already fit a category" and "if it doesn't break all the rules".
Then again, I would be pissy if a pop-up appeared asking me if I "really want to post that thread in that section", so who am I to complain.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

So, honestly, being cheerful is not a modly matter.

I remember our rants about AG back when you were a mod. Ah, good times.

Zoph, you are honestly never on. You pop back for a few days and then disappear for a year.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I remember our rants about AG back when you were a mod. Ah, good times.

Well, there wasn't much to be cheerful about, being at least half way neglected by anyone with the ability to make it a less tedious job.
Can't say it was/is something recommended to do next to a university degree...
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

So, honestly, being cheerful is not a modly matter. Neither is friendship, all things considering.

I'm sure those would be pluses though. A happy individual that is also a friend over someone indifferent to everyone and isn't a friend.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

AG is falling apart he says, 2 days later over 50 responses, so clearly that's not how

there are threads in the wrong sections very few mods and admins left glitches everywhere so many spammers

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZTkdr5qwkJ9-Gt2KPYLcAPMTwFJ2tdSqXpvURqdpU7In07U-I

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb-GzvV8T51ZbrqGwwqV5n2sFLDESE9C7Uvvbjl1-tei43w0isHA

seriously dude, inevitability. and we got new staff and more on the way.
Showing 46-60 of 68