ForumsWEPRJust out of curiosity, why do you think Obama is so great?

24 9540
Dragonlizard7
Dragonlizard7
23 posts
Nomad

I asked this question today to some people who hated Romney, but they couldn't say anything great about Obama. I would like some opinions, but I do not want to get angry messages.

• 24 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Obama isn't a person who likes to speak just to hear his own voice

That's fine. Just because he doesn't speak to hear himself speak doesn't mean he should speak in that halting manner.

Of course, it is so easy to insult his way of speaking on the internet, where your views are just words on a lit-up page.

It is, but that doesn't mean they aren't true. If you're trying to insinuate whether I'm just saying things because I can, that isn't the case.

A: Can't freaking judge a politician JUST by how he speaks

I don't judge anyone by just a single attribute.

B: He's doing more then anyone who slangs him.

Which is why he's still president, no? :P

Honestly, Obama always came off as a liar to me.

He comes across to me as someone who knows people want to hear the truth, but is intelligent enough to know that not everything he says can happen when he has to convince many other people than himself in order to get it done. So, sort of lying, but not...aka, politics.
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

I think that Obama was the best choice for US President because he had done the job and succeeded to some extent in a difficult situation, and he is aware of what to expect in the next four years. I think that Romney was out of touch with political reality with some of his promises. I percieved that he was going to increase defence spending, building ships the Navy did not need, and reduce taxation at the same time.
I'd rather have a US President with his feet on the ground than one living in cloud cuckoo land.
It doesn't matter now whether Romney would have come good on his promises or not. The election is over.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

He comes across to me as someone who knows people want to hear the truth, but is intelligent enough to know that not everything he says can happen when he has to convince many other people than himself in order to get it done. So, sort of lying, but not...aka, politics.

Not even that. Obama feeds everyone this soft soap so he can accomplish his own personal agenda. It's not that Obama wants to avoid making promises he can't keep, he remains vague so he can misconstrue his words to fit any decision he makes.

Soft soap.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Also, I should add: Obama does seem to be more open now than he was in the past.

At first, Obama was all about being neutral, and how he was going to listen to both liberals and conservatives to solve problems. He stated that he didn't want people to look at him as if he was a liberal, but rather as if he was someone who wanted to seek solutions. Right after he becomes president, he essentially tells McCain to stfu with his conservative views (because Obama won and McCain lost - the reason Obama gave to telling McCain to shut his face hole).

Today, Obama has shown his truer colors. He's openly against the conservative party, and his focus is on class warfare.

toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

How he got re-elected after doing such a bad job the first time is beyond me.

with 99% of media bowing down and kissing your feet its pretty easy to get elected XD
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

As for Obama being a great public speaker, I don't really agree. That halting pattern with the same rising tone before the stop as if everything he says is a question...Is it so hard to say 8 words in a row?

Well, to be honest with you, I think it may have become a force of habit, that started when he started doing speeches. Because when he started doing speeches, he was reading from teleprompters, and the teleprompters, make him pause as the text goes down. I think that, he just got used to it, and never was able to stop, after he started using, the uh, teleprompter.

And as toemas said, most of the media won't criticize Obama like they did bush, which is why 4 years later people are still blaming everything on Bush. so my question is how long will Obama have to be president before it's finally his fault for something?
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

4 years later people are still blaming everything on Bush. so my question is how long will Obama have to be president before it's finally his fault for something?

when he makes the country and his foreign policy worse, like bush did. instead of better.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

when he makes the country and his foreign policy worse, like bush did. instead of better.

Obama made this country better? Wow, I didn't think it was possible to throw money at an issue to increase a temporary fix!

Obama has good foreign policy?! That's so far from the truth, it hurts. Obama is a war monger who has no problem killing people in drone strikes, without the permission of congress might I add, when said nations aren't even a direct threat towards the US.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

Anyway, I'm going to lock this thread. Continue this discussion in the Obama, 2012-2016 thread.

Showing 16-24 of 24