ForumsWEPRObama, 2012-2016 President of the United States of America

255 72248
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Well he won.

274-203

Romney got more votes but Obama got more elecrol votes.

COMMENT!

• 255 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

One thing he certainly can not do is take away guns. i'm sure that there will be blood on the streets if he tried, people won't give up their firearms so willingly.

Why do people keep on thinking he was going to? Are you afraid of the (sorta) black man stealing your guns? Are you clinging to them so tightly that you just hallucinate these ideas? No president will ever 'take away guns'.

do a google search, you'll find tons of results and stories. Who were you saying was looking down on the military again?

Don't just believe anything you read. It's all spin and mud slinging.
http://factcheck.org/2012/08/obama-not-trying-to-curb-military-early-voting/

FactCheck is a neutral group that, well, checks 'facts'. When something is thrown out there, they go to work. Regardless of affiliation.

People need to learn to stop being sheep and following the herd, believing the first thing they are fed. Do your research (which in all actuality is look up research done by someone else).
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Anyway I think Obama needs to put pressure on those rich parasites. They need to pay their fair share of tax and there's nothing wrong about that.
Everybody needs to contribute!
Here's another example of rich parasites in Missouri who abuse the system and that's just a drop in the Ocean of fraud throughout the US.
http://www.kmov.com/video/yahoo-video/Sweetheart-Tax-loophole-for-St-Louis-County-Country-Clubs-176315491.html

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

So calling people idiots is more offensive then calling people parrasites?

And better yet, yeah increase their tax a little but even better would be to cut off how much the lazy bums on welfare make, at least the rib work for heir money, they expect us to pay for whatever they feel like doing.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Be honest guys, the government has no money. To be elected you have to say that you will lower tax and make new programs. This is just causing us to go deeper and deeper into debt, about 16 trillion and counting. The problem with Obama is that he spends lots of money on things, money we don't have. Romney might have done the same, I don't really know.

Anyway I think Obama needs to put pressure on those rich parasites. They need to pay their fair share of tax and there's nothing wrong about that.

The rich are paying more tax then anyone. How about we attack the 47% of people that did not pay tax last year.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

And looking at my IPod's stocks, all of the stocks list but two have gone down, and the two that didn't just stayed neutral. Does that say good things about Obama if everything is going down the day after he gets reelected?

The people on welfare, the people who are too lazy to get a job, the people mooching off of our money (the money we pay in tax) shouldn't be allowed to vote, because they are obviously going to vote for whoever is going to raise he taxes and give them more money. Another thing I wish would happen is a test to make sure people are smart enough to be trusted with electing a leader, to make sure they don't vote for someone just because they're black, or republican or some such thing.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Some ramble I threw on Facebook.

If you don't like political statuses, go away.

So, we all know what happened last night. President Obama won the electoral vote while Governor Romney won the popular vote. This the 3rd time in history that this has happened, with the first being the 2000 election when President Bush won.

While I wish the election would have been different, there was very little change. Iowa is still composed of mostly democratic officials, while D.C. is mainly republican, with some democrats thrown in here and there. The president is still the same democratic man from Illinois, and the opposing candidate was still republican.

Just because we have a democratic president does not mean our guns will be taken away. On the other hand, it does not mean we will be guaranteed equality in any aspect. Just because we have a democratic president does not mean we will be guaranteed the right to legally smoke marijuana, which was legalized in 2 states last night. On the other hand, we won't have a failed country. The president does not in any way, shape, or form have such powers. He does not have the power of a monarch, and if he did, we'd all be hypocrites for voting for any such man, whether Romney or Obama.

Personally, if Obama continues to spend money on government regulated programs like education, entertainment, welfare, and such programs without having any way to pick up the slack, America will indeed fall behind, as the deficit will continue to grow more and more each day. He claims that he will tax the rich, but considering huge companies like Apple have moved to China, it won't be very easy. Romney was going to cut taxes on the rich to provide a better looking hands-off (I can't remember official name), so that large companies like Apple would come back to America. Right now, China, an enemy, is gaining money from big business like Apple and is becoming stronger. We, in turn, with no money, have to borrow from China just to stay afloat. Say, what would happen if China suddenly demanded their cash back? Well, we'd be in deep trouble, I can assure you that. China has friends, and so do we. There'd be a WWIII on our hands, and with the development of nuclear weapons a reality, it'd truly be the war to end all wars.

Claiming that Obama will guarantee equality is not a very good claim at all. Obama does not have any real power over such things. Recently, I've encountered individuals at my school, in life, and on Facebook who seem to think so. I don't care that much, but considering many people who have made similar claims will most likely read this, I felt it was necessary to put this in. Obama can use the method of Bully Pulpit and popularize legislature into consideration by congress, but he cannot, IN ANY WAY, give rights such as LGBT bonding nor illegal immigration-related freedoms, nor enforce stronger laws against discrimination in any previously stated topics or against foreigners, or the handicapped, or anyone else who could be discriminated against. He is the commander in chief, which means he ONLY has the power to recommend war against other countries, veto laws passed by congress (but can be overruled), and he is a political figure of representation for a leader. We are a democracy, not a monarchy, Obama can't change the world.

Of course that's just the basic aspect of our country today, and I will not bore you with any further details unless you'd like to debate me.

Anyway, bye. Oh, and I typed that entire thing myself. No need for copy and past messages, thank you.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

The rich are paying more tax then anyone. How about we attack the 47% of people that did not pay tax last year.

Most people who do not pay income tax are in such a situation that they do not make enough to be required to pay it. Yet the still paid taxes every time they got a paycheck.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/09/dependency-and-romneys-47-percenters/

I ought to just make you all look at that site before making unsupported claims.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Well deviodless does have a point, they don't pay taxes because they don't have enough money because of the high unimplyment rate and underimplyment rate that Obama (along with others, but he certainly didn't help) caused.

And sure he inherited a bad situation (a much worse one the second time around), but you keep saying on we'll he's helped, how has printing money like crazy helped? How has causing so much inflation helped he country? How could it have helped?

And please don't ignore that which you can't argue with.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

First of all, link fix. Sorry.

And sure he inherited a bad situation (a much worse one the second time around), but you keep saying on we'll he's helped, how has printing money like crazy helped?

You do realize the country has been doing that for ages now, right? And each time people moan about it.

Well deviodless does have a point, they don't pay taxes because they don't have enough money because of the high unimplyment rate and underimplyment rate

First off, not being employed has nothing to do with the figures in question.

From the article I provided:
So thatâs half of Romneyâs 46.4 percenters. The rest pay no federal income tax due to tax benefits and credits. Hereâs the rest of the breakdown:

-22 percent receive senior tax benefits â" the extra standard deduction for seniors, the exclusion of a portion of Social Security benefits, and the credit for seniors. Most of them are older people on Social Security whose adjusted gross income is less than $25,000.
-15.2 percent receive tax credits for children and the working poor. That includes the child tax credit and the earned income tax credit. The child tax credit was enacted under Democratic President Bill Clinton, but it doubled under Republican President George W. Bush. The earned income tax credit was enacted under Republican President Gerald Ford, and was expanded under presidents of both parties. Republican President Ronald Reagan once praised it as âone of the best antipoverty programs this countryâs ever seen.â As a result of various tax expenditures, about two thirds of households with children making between $40,000 and $50,000 owed no federal income taxes.
-The rest ended up owing no federal income tax due to various tax expenditures such as education credits, itemized deductions or reduced rates on capital gains and dividends. Most of this group are in the middle to upper income brackets. In fact, the TPC estimates there are about 7,000 families and individuals who earn $1 million a year or more and still pay no federal income tax.

So half of the people Romney claimed were lazy and useless, thus not paying income tax, were not paying taxes due to tax credits and benefits. Hardly anything you can blame Obama for.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

dont assissinate obama becuase biden becomes president then we are even more screwed

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

dont assissinate obama becuase biden becomes president then we are even more screwed

Admit you're joking or back your claim. I hate unbacked claims.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Amen brother!
@sal: Biden ain't the brightest candle when it comes to thinking before saying. He recently said that Romney wants a five hundred trillion dollar tax cut among a hundred and twenty thousand Americans, let me tell you if a hundred and twenty thousand people are paying that much then they certainly need a tax cut. And he also in an interview gave away the location of his secret bomb shelter. Those are the only two things that immediately come to my mind but I'm sure there are others.

And people, when you talk about how people just need to pay more taxes and all that crap, remember this, Bill gates last year made 20 billion dollars, if you tookk away every cent of that, would it really a noticable impact on he national debt? In fact think of this, how long does it take for the national debt to increase by that amount? Not that long really? So you take everything every millionaire or richer makes and it doesn't compensate for one year of spending.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

And people, when you talk about how people just need to pay more taxes and all that crap, remember this, Bill gates last year made 20 billion dollars, if you tookk away every cent of that, would it really a noticable impact on he national debt?

Here you go again, you're talking about Obama taking all the money from Bill Gates. He doesn't want to take all the money from riches, he just want to let the tax break expire the way it was planned in the first place by the Republicans, nothing else.

Everybody should pay their taxes, it makes common sense.
He won't take away your precious guns, so quit obsessing over this.
Also, he want's to cut the useless money channeled through the military because it is unsupervised, which mean that crooks like Penis Cheney can inflate the cost of everything through their companies (remember Halliburton? ) and put the profit in their pockets.
Obama will give what the military ask for, nothing more. By doing this he will save millions that could be used for more important things.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Amen brother!
@sal: Biden ain't the brightest candle when it comes to thinking before saying. He recently said that Romney wants a five hundred trillion dollar tax cut among a hundred and twenty thousand Americans, let me tell you if a hundred and twenty thousand people are paying that much then they certainly need a tax cut. And he also in an interview gave away the location of his secret bomb shelter. Those are the only two things that immediately come to my mind but I'm sure there are others.

I remember he said some stuff and then said, "I would give you proof, but its too hot so I'm gonna go." Yeah.... Who thought it was a good idea to make him vp?
WAIT! I get it now! They needed someone terrible so no butt hurt white guy would kill Obama! Mind=blown.
---
Am I the only one who thought that both the candidates weren't good and that Vermin Supreme should have won?
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Tick tock goes the clock
Just so you guys can see how much we are in debt.

Showing 61-75 of 255