ForumsWEPRLouisiana Petitions To Secede

110 44287
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Not all Americans are enthralled with obama.
According to a news article published online by World News Daily (WND), The residents of Louisiana have started a petition to peacefully secede from the U.S. and form their own government. The petition was started on November 7 of this year, the day after the election.
(Now I'm going to opine a bit.)
While it causes me great pain to see America in the sorry state it's in now, and an act(s) of secession would only intensify the situation, this may be what needs to happen. I love my country and desperately want to see it return to its former glory, but the current regime has taken conditions ranging from fair to poor and exacerbated them to such an extent that the national condition is in a rapidly worsening state of untenability for all involved. The people of Louisiana realize this and are acting accordingly.
I believe that if obama actually cares for this nation like he says he does (which personally I doubt strongly), he would take this new development as a sign that he and the rest of the regime need to reverse their actions and/or resign. If he doesn't, it is likely that this will be the first of many cases of Americans separating themselves from a government that is no longer Of, By, and For The People but rather seeks to enslave them with government dependancy and weakens the nation on the foreign and domestic fronts.

America is dying, people. Something has to be done in short order, or America will be consigned to the ash-heap of history as a great nation that forsook its own ideals and killed itself from within. And I can't stand the thought of that happening.
All of you who believe in God or prayer, please say an extra prayer for the nation tonight.

• 110 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Self-governing states just pulls up the walls and lets the differences become more then just "Oh, you're from Louisiana?" to things along the lines of "Get the Louis!" Different countries mean wars. Lots of them. If every state broke into its own little country, you no longer have a big pack of skilled, united wolves. You have hungry wolves in a walled off room snarling and tearing at each other. If I recall, it's not "America" it's the USA: the United States of America. Key word being United. As in not divided?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Woah, watch your scare tactics there.. America could be in a much worse state if not for Obama, and I don't believe it's dying. It's going through a crisis, like, well, almost the rest of the world currently or so it seems; at least like Europe. Funnily, there are a few seceding plans in some European countries as well, like the flamand part of Belgium wanting to secede from the french part, leaving it to their mysery. Do you guys really think that is the best thing to do, have a lot of smaller territories where a few are going well and a few are doing horribly? I don't think so, a bit of solidarity is of essence here. Though I acknowledge the important signal effect such thoughts have; something has to change for sure.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

for the belgiums a considerable option is to put the flanders whit the dutch and the wallonians whit the frence.
but they don't want that either. =/
but we are open to welcom them here =) the flanders are nice people to be whit so..

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Good...let 'em secede. It's been a while since America has invaded/taken over land

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Honestly, this just comes across as whining to me. The person they voted for didn't get elected and now they're throwing a fit. According to the article it's only a few hundred people anyways, nothing will come of that.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

I didn't hear about this, good for them, I hope Texas tries to as well.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I didn't hear about this, good for them, I hope Texas tries to as well.

Why? What good comes of a secession? Why is it even wanted/necessary in the first place?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Let's hope this doesn't spark another Civil War. It's far-fetched for one to happen, but one was enough.

What really gets me is that people don't want to communicate like normal human beings anymore. It's all about right or wrong, which is why D.C. has been moving so slow lately.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Why? What good comes of a secession? Why is it even wanted/necessary in the first place?

In the case of Belgium for example, unless it was Canada (though I'm sure in both cases that the motives are the same), the separatists are arguing that their region, the economically more stable one, should not have to assist the rest, as the separatists think it's the other's fault and they should not have to straighten out the whole country. In short, they don't want to give "their" money to the more unstable region. Of course, language issues surely enforce the whole problem.

Imo, as already said, I think it's the wrong way to go, I think we need to be more solidary; but the separatist movements in all concerned countries are strong due to the crisis. People want things to change and the separatists offer an easy "solution".
ninjanick
ninjanick
180 posts
Shepherd

since the last time startes left the union ended soooo well..

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Kasic last time was mostly because of slavery, not people not liking the president and the way the contra is going (while yes that is a necissary factor for the other it is not the only reason). The other one was about inhumanity, this one (secession, well a wannabe secession) is about other things that probably wouldn't lead to war.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Sorry, I saw the armatar and thought it was Kasic. That was directed at ninjanick.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Kasic last time was mostly because of slavery, not people not liking the president and the way the contra is going (while yes that is a necissary factor for the other it is not the only reason). The other one was about inhumanity, this one (secession, well a wannabe secession) is about other things that probably wouldn't lead to war.

That isn't 100% true. Not liking the president, and the slavery issue wasn't the only reason for the Civil War. They were just proponents of it that led to the war.

Some other proponents that led to the Civil War were: Economic and Social Differences (ie. the north was more industrialized than agricultural, meanwhile the south was more into agricultural growth than industrial growth), and State vs Federal Rights.The South believed that individual states needed to have the most power in how the states are run. Meanwhile the North thought that the Federal government needed the most power, and as you said the election of Abraham Lincoln, the growth of the abolition movement and the fight between slave and non-slave proponents.

Slavery is titled as the biggest reason as to why the Civil War happened, even though it probably would've happened either way, eventually. Except that because of slavery it happened sooner than later..
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Themost, isnt that mean they broke from the north because they didnt liked the President oppinions? Didnt liked that he was against slavery?

And another question - isnt it happen almost every time the Democrats win? Some people claim the same bull**** about "former glory" "a dying nation" and "a note in history"?

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

That's a recipe for disaster, It may be a peaceful petition but if they successfully secede there's going to be so many problems.

Showing 1-15 of 110